Progression Rewards for Elite Events

Options
NorthernPolarity
NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I think adding progression rewards (Mostly iso, maybe a heroic token here or there) to the elite events would incentivize more people to join. Personally, I'm not going to spend all that time grinding to a high position, so I haven't been joining any of these events. However, if they offered some sort of progression awards, I would definitely consider doing so.

Comments

• Thing is the elite events are the way for the devs to make the most money while giving the least in return. You have to dump 300 hp just to get in and you have to shield constantly to remain in a good rank. All this hp spending gives them huge money, either because people buy the hp then or because they waste what they have then and have to buy some later, and they only give huge rewards to very few. It's a moneymaking scheme in disguise, theyre going to give us as little as possible. Not trying to rip on the devs, just stating a fact.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Thing is the elite events are the way for the devs to make the most money while giving the least in return. You have to dump 300 hp just to get in and you have to shield constantly to remain in a good rank. All this hp spending gives them huge money, either because people buy the hp then or because they waste what they have then and have to buy some later, and they only give huge rewards to very few. It's a moneymaking scheme in disguise, theyre going to give us as little as possible. Not trying to rip on the devs, just stating a fact.

The thing is that the elite tournament is meant to be a HP sink: having progression rewards be largely iso based should help further this goal so that people like me would join the tournament just to farm some iso.
  • Well, if the devs see a huge decrease in partecipation, they will make adjustments to incentivize it more.

Longer duration + lack of progression + 230 mobs requiring a crazy long grind elsewhere + not so fantastic rewards for 99,9% of the partecipants

Not really working for me this time icon_lol.gif
  • If they are going to run it for 6 days, it needs some kind of progression rewards.

Also, a new token would go a long way in enticing people instead of the standard heroics. A token that has increased odds of dropping a 3 star character or a better chance of dropping the latest character (like psylocke).

Another idea would be for the prize pools to be based on the percentage who enters, not just a flat rate. If 10,000 people enter, the top 100 (the lowest coveted tier) only represent 1%. That should be expanded to 3-4 percent.