Event error: Service_Game_StartEventEncounter

Options
Beastvold
Beastvold Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
I'm having major issues with this event. It's been really laggy, and a few times it has hung when logging in. It will also hang when starting or ending a match. I've restarted my iPad Air twice now, hoping that it might clear a cache or something, but am still having issues.

The latest issue is after logging back in and starting a node, I get white and gray graphics for the layout, but no pictures or gems. It gives a title in the middle of the screen that says "Service_Game_StartEventEncounter." And just hangs, eventually giving the "Something went wrong" error.

I've lost several nodes now without playing matches. This has been going on for about 4 hours now. Is this just me? I'm in a competitive coalition and I'm worried that I'm sinking my team.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Splizwarf
    Options
    It's not just you, there are other ongoing threads about it. Hopefully your coalition is decent about it but at least there's evidence of a widespread problem to point out if they want to boot you for sandbagging. You're probably not the only member affected.
  • Wax
    Wax Posts: 37
    Options
    Yep, it's not just you. Ironically, I described exactly the same thing in a different post:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=55063&p=601065#p601065

It's interesting that you're getting the very same "Service_Game_StartEventEncounter" and the thing with the UI breaking apart, because I assumed that was just a by-product of the server latency or whatever on my end.

If we're getting the exact same issues, it's gotta be a cut-and-dry problem with the servers on their end. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about it (or experiencing it). I wonder what the variables are that dictate who's affected and who's not...

But yeah, I'm the leader of my Coalition and I'm not setting a very good example by only having about 10 points right now, since I've only been able to complete 2 of the 20 or so matches I've tried to play over the past 6 hours.
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have been having the same issue. The white screen of death and the facebook error have chewed through five matches without even starting the match. My coalition is very understanding but it still sucks when you can't play the game you have paid money into. Sadly I know from previous tickets that no one will compensate you for the lost games or lost rewards no matter how many screenshots you take.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yup i've now lost about 9 or 10 games due to this now, when it clears out my node for me as well. 3 of those games were when after winning the match, the ribbons screen would refuse to load and just getting 'something went wrong' constantly.

Perhaps dev, in future, the 'something went wrong' screen could contain an automatic 'report' button so that the details of the crash etc. could be automatically sent? At least you'd know how often and under what circumstances these might occur?
  • Jadereaper
    Jadereaper Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same exact issue here as well. Hope they get this fixed before the event ends.
  • Saintbenn
    Saintbenn Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yep, same here. Lost tons of matches. Sent in a ticket but as it takes so long for a response, nodes and lives will be lost and compensation will most likely be nil.
  • Greistal
    Greistal Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here... icon_cry.gif
  • Gerard
    Options
    I'm having this same problem, also the 'something went wrong' error message appears for me when trying to claim boosters so I can't open anything.

It seems like it's one problem after another for this game, each one seemingly worse than the one preceding it.

If this trend carries on I don't think that I'll be very active for much longer which is a shame because I have lots of love for it when it works as it should. I feel that the community as a whole deserves much better.
  • chillyerrmac
    Options
    Gerard wrote:
    I'm having this same problem, also the 'something went wrong' error message appears for me when trying to claim boosters so I can't open anything.

It seems like it's one problem after another for this game, each one seemingly worse than the one preceding it.

Having same issues here. No booster opening and some functions kinda work, managed to do one match but next match had the Event error and lost 2 nodes because of it.
  • Wildcatbarry
    Wildcatbarry Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Also have same glitches as others listed above.
    Appears to be server on their end.
    Is there anything that can be on my end to resolve this pronlem?
    I've lost 5 matches because of this problem.
  • Larios
    Options
    Me too, to much nodes losts
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey everyone. There was service maintenance performed yesterday afternoon that should've fixed many of the latency issues you guys mentioned.
    If you're still running into any issues, please send a support ticket and we'll get that sent to the team asap. Thanks!
  • Uoldar
    Options
    the maintainance helped a bit, thx icon_e_wink.gif