How did I win a Simulator round?

Options
WilsonFisk
WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I've only been playing the for 2-3 weeks. I've been playing A LOT in the normal mode Simluator, and managed to win my bracket in round 2, currently I'm in 3rd on Round 3 and will overtake the #1 spot in just a few more fights.

My question is, how?

Are the difficulty levels different in this tournament for different players? My top team I've been using in the Simulator are a lvl 46 Daken 5/5, lvl 45 Classic Storm 5/1/3 and a lvl 38 Cap 3/3/2.

People around me in the rankings have much stronger teams. I'm not complaining as it felt good to win, but I know I shouldn't be able to compete with these stronger teams if all things were equal.

Comments

• Because they're scaling the PvE so newer players will have a far easier time placing higher. It's not exactly fair to those of us who have put in time getting their teams to triple digit levels, given we have to spend even more time and effort on these 230 missions, but whatever, they've made their decision. I wouldn't mind if I had a triple team of 141, but I don't, I have 2 heroes at level 100 and the rest painfully mismatched. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Because they're scaling the PvE so newer players will have a far easier time placing higher. It's not exactly fair to those of us who have put in time getting their teams to triple digit levels, given we have to spend even more time and effort on these 230 missions, but whatever, they've made their decision. I wouldn't mind if I had a triple team of 141, but I don't, I have 2 heroes at level 100 and the rest painfully mismatched. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Speaking of fair, i don't even have one character above lvl 85, and have to beat lvl 230 opponents too. Sounds logical isn't it ?
    This game need serious work.
  • Delete your account and start new. Its not a joke icon_e_wink.gif This system is so painfull....
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Because they're scaling the PvE so newer players will have a far easier time placing higher. It's not exactly fair to those of us who have put in time getting their teams to triple digit levels, given we have to spend even more time and effort on these 230 missions, but whatever, they've made their decision. I wouldn't mind if I had a triple team of 141, but I don't, I have 2 heroes at level 100 and the rest painfully mismatched. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Speaking of fair, i don't even have one character above lvl 85, and have to beat lvl 230 opponents too. Sounds logical isn't it ?
    This game need serious work.

I don't have one character above L65, and I'm being faced with 230's as well. rofl.

But you answered your own question, OP. You're playing 'a lot', and the Simulator rewards that.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chadds wrote:
    So, I've only been playing the for 2-3 weeks. I've been playing A LOT in the normal mode Simluator, and managed to win my bracket in round 2, currently I'm in 3rd on Round 3 and will overtake the #1 spot in just a few more fights.

My question is, how?

Are the difficulty levels different in this tournament for different players? My top team I've been using in the Simulator are a lvl 46 Daken 5/5, lvl 45 Classic Storm 5/1/3 and a lvl 38 Cap 3/3/2.

People around me in the rankings have much stronger teams. I'm not complaining as it felt good to win, but I know I shouldn't be able to compete with these stronger teams if all things were equal.

No it's about right. Your three main characters are all boosted for this event, which makes them around 92/90/76 in terms of actual character levels. That's a fairly strong team with good synergies and not too much colour overlap.

I've been doing most if the battles with a Daken I levelled from 30ish to 50ish.

Too many people are locked into the concept of 'highest 3 characters' and it is really hurting them.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah. Don't think too much about scaling in this case. I have much better characters but for this event my level 40 c storm and daken are the big guns. Don't start expecting to win every PVE, though. You simply won't have the right characters every time. And of course there are the other issues people mentioned above.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I think you're right, I just got extremely lucky to have the right covers buffed for this event. I'm sitting at #1 with over a 1000pt lead. I've also discovered that my 1 cover Dr. Doom is a great cover to protect cStorm while she build up on blue AP since he takes the hits. This event has been great for me going forward though, I've been able to grab a bunch of covers that I wouldn't have spect the cash on otherwise. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Well, despite having 3-stars, my goto for this sub was still Daken/c.Storm. the only difference is that my mobs were prolly higher level than yours.

I think that presents a major flaw in level scaling. While my overall roster is better than yours, specifically for this event, they are actually on par. There's little reason for my mobs to be harder just because I have a max Thor, for example, that is of no use for me here.
  • Well, despite having 3-stars, my goto for this sub was still Daken/c.Storm. the only difference is that my mobs were prolly higher level than yours.

I think that presents a major flaw in level scaling. While my overall roster is better than yours, specifically for this event, they are actually on par. There's little reason for my mobs to be harder just because I have a max Thor, for example, that is of no use for me here.
    The game wont work right until they abandon the stupid idea of scaling, or at least community scaling anyway