Coming Soon: Hallow's Eve Event

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
MTGPQ_Halloween_Event_2016.jpg

Hallow's Eve has come to Innistrad and the plane has descended into madness!
Choose your most powerful Planeswalker and battle for supremacy in brutal Enraged Matches. Dominate your competitors and earn powerful rewards!

In this PvP event, getting underway on Monday, October 31st, you’ll battle decks created by other players, fighting over one node.

• Blue and Black Node: Earn 2 bonus ribbons by casting 7 or more Zombies during each fight. Earn an extra bonus ribbon by casting 13 or more Zombies during each fight.

Compete in the Hallow’s Eve event to win Mana Crystals, Runes, and Boosters. For full rewards information, click the “Rewards” button in the in-game Event menu.

Comments

• jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    this is the type of event we'd like! Single objectives that are relatively demanding!

But reading into this, you guys will hopefully be collecting statistics on the percentage of decks running beneath the floorboards + behold the beyond, right? And noticing the win % of decks that get to play those cards on the same turn at some point in a game?
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think our complaining might be paying off. icon_razz.gif
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you very much, devs. This event looks really fun! I'm glad our prayers has finally been answered. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great step in the right direction, thank you.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is just going to be one big race between 50 ties with perfect scores isn't it? Or am I missing something?
  • MeatsofEvil
    Options
    Sounds like a really nice event, I'm looking forward to it!

...except for those rewards... Ever After? Meh.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd much rather be playing this an Emrakul's Corruption for the third time.

You checked out my poll, right?

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=53833
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't see a coalition aspect -- which I'm not complaining about at all. Are points for this going to count towards our All-time scores?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm pretty excited for this event. It checks off a lot of boxes in regards to what I'd like to see in an event (assuming there isn't some curveball).
      Interesting deck building puzzle (challenging 2-tier objectives)
      Doesn't take all my time (just one node)
      Isn't mandatory for top players who may be disinterested in prize (no coalition ranking/prize)
  • warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    Options
    Sounds like a really nice event, I'm looking forward to it!

...except for those rewards... Ever After? Meh.
    Yeah since I am sitting on 4 copies of that already that was very disappointing
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Isn't mandatory for top players who may be disinterested in prize (no coalition ranking/prize)
    Scores may still feed into lifetime coalition points so some may feel the need to put in a good showing to move up the all time leaderboard.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Scores may still feed into lifetime coalition points so some may feel the need to put in a good showing to move up the all time leaderboard.

Does that happen? Did it happen with NoP and ****?
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    majincob wrote:

According to my records, lifetime scores were accrued with the 8/27 Terrors event and 8/31 Nodes event before the actual coalition rewards in the Saheeli event on 9/2.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    majincob wrote:

According to my records, lifetime scores were accrued with the 8/27 Terrors event and 8/31 Nodes event before the actual coalition rewards in the Saheeli event on 9/2.

That's true because I joined in the last hour of the first Nodes and I felt underwhelming. That being said, there was a coalition award for that. I got GRB and then felt bad because I didn't do anything to get it. Not sure about the first **** though.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    majincob wrote:

Individual scores in this event are not being added to lifetime coalition scores. All is well.
  • Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 31
    Options
    Hell, I had FUN!

fast game, easy to medium objectives, plenty of rewards in a very short term run.

I enjoyed nosediving these first 10 games and I will still play (in 7 hours, maybe).
    Also good that there is no pressure on coalitions.

Devs, very, very good job: keep up like this! (THUMB UP)

And
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I enjoyed the fact that you could play 10 games, win something every few games, wind up with some cards, runes, crystals and packs, and then just stop.

Quick Battle should be like this. 10 games and out.
  • Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 31
    Options
    Definitely: I have a full time job, and I think a lot of people, like us, cannot follow an event for 2 or 3 days.

This way it's a short rush, it's rewarding and (yes) more addictive icon_e_smile.gif

And
  • Glim
    Glim Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Either they found a way to match us against only event decks or every black deck is already so heavily invested in Zombies that you can't tell the difference. icon_e_smile.gif

I hope it's the former, and I'll add another cheer for secondary objectives this time around.