Fun mobile games

shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
Does anyone know any good fun mobile games to play?

I mean, seriously. Obviously I'm having an ascerbic little dig at MPQ here, because that's the level I always operate on, but believe it or not I do also love to discover new games to play, and I wondered if anyone had come across any recently?

Comments

• MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    There's this awesome game dude omg I forget the name but you match these little colored thingies and play cards you get and use beasts and critters and stuff and....
    Oh. Wait. Never mind.
    Fallout shelter.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Marvel Puzzle Quest icon_lol.gif
  • ridfrenzy
    ridfrenzy Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Marvel puzzle quest? icon_e_wink.gif
  • shteev
    Skiglass6 wrote:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest icon_lol.gif

Weirdly enough I did play Marvel Puzzel Quest for a day or two long before I discovered Magic Puzzle Quest, but it didn't interest me in the slightest. Collecting Bagman Spiderman cards wasn't thrilling, for one thing, but there also seemed to be no connection between what I was doing in the game and whether or not I won. Perhaps the game gets really great after a while, I don't know. But it's a policy of mine not to give free to play games the benefit of the doubt, and 99% of the time that instinct is right and saves me a lot of time.

Magic Puzzle Quest gripped me right from the start, but my background in paper MTG probably really helped there.
  • Following, I'm always looking for other games as well.

I like this little puzzle game called Atomas, for Android. There is 0 tutorial really, but once you get the gang of it, it's incredibly addictive. I like Clash Royale too but got burnt out and haven't touched it much lately.
  • shteev
    Feagul wrote:

You don't seem to have been banned, tho.... what happened? Did they have stern words with you for playing a different mobile game?
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    shteev wrote:
    Feagul wrote:

You don't seem to have been banned, tho.... what happened? Did they have stern words with you for playing a different mobile game?
    Dev team is out of office for dentist appointments*

*job interviews
  • Mabinogi duel.
    Card game based on strategy, both ai and real pvp. Not pay to win. Doing the tourneys daily can net you 2-3 packs of premium currency packs daily. Its fun, do the campaign to get started, then head to the various arena options.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Here's my suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54063
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    yunnnn wrote:
    Here's my suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54063

They have active mods on that side of the forums!

Still, I'm upset with D3 and crew. Don't want to support them anymore.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    I recommend Puzzle Quest 2. The Puzzle Quest rpg game that predates mtgPQ. icon_e_smile.gif
  • shteev
    blacklotus wrote:
    I recommend Puzzle Quest 2. The Puzzle Quest rpg game that predates mtgPQ. icon_e_smile.gif

I didn't like it as much as the PC version. Actually, I didn't like Puzzle Quest 2 on the PC as much as Challenge of the Warlords, either. Puzzle Quest:Galactrix, too. I guess PQ1 is just the greatest game ever made!* **

*Apart from possibly Doom
    ** or Tekken
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    shteev wrote:
    blacklotus wrote:

I didn't like it as much as the PC version. Actually, I didn't like Puzzle Quest 2 on the PC as much as Challenge of the Warlords, either. Puzzle Quest:Galactrix, too. I guess PQ1 is just the greatest game ever made!* **

** or Tekken

thanks. will try to find the PC versions in the secondary markets.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    shteev wrote:
    I guess PQ1 is just the greatest game ever made!* **

** or Tekken

Truths!

***starcraft
  • Crowntakers is a fantastic hex-based tactics game. The first couple of melee-only characters are mildly dull with their initial skills, but the extra skills and the ranged characters you can unlock give the game loads of interest. It's rogue-like in that the upgrades available each game are different, so there's quite a lot of variation there as well. A little bit of randomness, but rather less than MtGPQ icon_e_biggrin.gif

Similarly, Galaxy Trucker is a fantastic adaptation of a good fun board game. The Galaxy Trucker campaign is really excellent fun.