Recommended Builds

Options
13»

Comments

• chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    awesome list thx for taking the time been looking for this info contained in a single post!!! well done
    elektra should be 3/5/5 and starlord 5/3/5 ..best overall builds imo
  • angua51
    angua51 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I refer to this post a lot so am just trying to get it back on first page
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Bullseys Classic: 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. I don't think he's been firmly established in any serious teams yet. I use him with daken to swat seed teams but that's about it. I'm shooting for 3/5/5 given my play experience but initially people felt his black was the dump skill.

There are too many good green abilities in the 3* range, and Bullseye's green is not a good one. If you are using it to poke to get free strike tiles, then you are gambling down to ~1k enemy hp and likely takin more damage.

Whereas he pairs well with BP or Luke Cage, who use the Black AP and still allow him free reign on the green. They also generate free/cheap targets for his purple.

I have him 4/3/4, and almost never use his Green. His purple, though, is cheap and fun. I want him 5/5/3. I will not miss that one less cascade, and will rely on the cheaper purple to deal damage.

http://youtu.be/WLWmuJCf8dY

Observe.

He has been 5/5/3 and max level for a month now, and going 5 green neuters his black too much. Especially in wave fights, you can tack on thousands of damage.

This is a carnage deterrent, too. If you fill the screen with strike tiles, carnage's annoying passive fizzles. It is also a 4alcon deterrent, too. His five bomb cannot deal big dmg if the yellows are covered. This is the same case with de4dpool. He cannot cover bomb trap your tiles if bullseye has them covered.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for this. It's really helpful for new players. This forum could use more stuff like it.
  • I am Scourge
    Options
    There are some new characters released so can we update the OP?

For instance Jean Grey 5 purpleflag.png 5 greenflag.png 3 blueflag.png

X-force DP 5 redflag.png 5 blackflag.png 3 purpleflag.png

Need suggestions for Mr. Fantastic, Ice man and old man Logan now that we're living in a 5 star.png world. Speaking of which:

Silver Surfer 5 redflag.png 5 blackflag.png 3 blueflag.png or flipflop black and blue?
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we request a sticky on this?? Super helpful and I (and I'm sure many others) refer to it frequently
  • If you want me to put new chars, just add them here already formatted for the best odds of me getting to it.
    I tend to be quite busy, for example here is an entry:

5 purpletile.png /3 blacktile.png /5 greentile.pngicon_bullseye.png Bullseye (Classic)

or with the special characters spelled out with dashes and extra spaces around them I typed:

? _colon_ purple _colon_ _slash_ ? _colon_ black _colon_ _slash_ ? _colon_ green _colon_ _colon_ bullseye _colon_ Bullseye (Classic)
  • I am Scourge
    Options
    I would go 5 greentile.png /3 redtile.png /5 purpletile.pngicon_x23.png X-23(All new Wolverine) Her healing doesn't improve all that much from 3-5 red so I think it's the obvious choice for her.
  • mattonline
    mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Venom (Eddie Brock) should be 5 greenflag.png 0 blackflag.png 5 yellowflag.png

What a terrible ability. No one cares about enemy protect tiles since abilities do the majority of damage once you graduate past a 2 star.png roster. Match damage is a bonus while you save up for the big hit. For whatever reason the devs really value protect tiles.

Also, thanks for putting this together.

Mods, please pin to first page and keep it upated.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    icon_iceman.png 5 greenflag.png /5 blueflag.png /3 purpleflag.png

icon_redhulk.png 3 redflag.png /5 greenflag.png /5 purpleflag.png

icon_cyclops.png 5 redflag.png /3 yellowflag.png /5 blueflag.png alternatively 5 redflag.png /5 yellowflag.png /3 blueflag.png

icon_devildino.png 3 greenflag.png /5 redflag.png /5 purpleflag.png is actually hilarious under the right circumstances, particularly in the gauntlet when hanging with his buddy Charles.

icon_wolverine.png (OML) 5 blackflag.png /5 yellowflag.png /3 redflag.png

icon_jeangrey.png (Phoenix) 5 greenflag.png /5 purpleflag.png /3 redflag.png

icon_silversurfer.png 3 blueflag.png /5 redflag.png /5 blackflag.png

icon_ghostrider.png 4 greenflag.png /4 redflag.png /5 blackflag.png (honestly this one is 100% about having 5 in black, the rest is personal preference it seems)

icon_miles.png 4 purpleflag.png /4 yellowflag.png /5 redflag.png Still a lot of debate going for him, but personally I found venom strike to be the single most useful skill he has, and 4 yellow feeds you red with each web tile while not losing too much damage for when you manage to pull off a surprise.

icon_hulkcho.png 0 greenflag.png /0 blueflag.png /0 blackflag.png
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there an updated version of this thread somewhere?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We generally use the individual character threads for that now.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    3 greenflag.png /5 purpleflag.png /5 redflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png (Phoenix)

This is a much stronger build for taking on big opponents. The green just doesn't make much difference. If she's championed, maybe you switch her to 5/5/3 when going into a fight with very low health, but otherwise she stays at 3/5/5.

4 blueflag.png /4 redflag.png /5 blackflag.pngicon_silversurfer.png

The red just doesn't do enough extra damage to go to five (plus, there are better reds), and the blue gets a large boost from 3->4. Similarly, the blue gets a very small boost from 4->5, so why bother?

5 blackflag.png /5 yellowflag.png /3 redflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (Old Man Logan)

Yes.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    5 redflag.png /5 blackflag.png /3 greenflag.pngicon_carnage.png Carnage (Cletus Kasady)

If you're playing his black, play it all the way. Count the green as bonus, if you use it.

5 redflag.png /3 yellowflag.png /5 blueflag.png Cyclops (Classic) 5 redflag.png /5 yellowflag.png /3 blueflag.png

These are both strong builds, and I've used both. The first if he's going to carry the team. The second if he'll be in a more supporting/clean-up role, especially if he's lower level than the primes.

5 redflag.png /5 blackflag.png /3 purpleflag.pngicon_deadpool.png (Uncanny X-Force)

He doesn't have a bad build, but this is the only one I play. Depends if you have a good OML, perhaps. Before that, it probably depends on team composition. After, it's 5 black all the way. I like 5 red for healing, but a good case can be made for 5 purple for more damage as well.

5 greenflag.png /5 redflag.png /3 purpleflag.pngicon_devildino.png Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile)

Bleh.

5 purpleflag.png /5 blackflag.png /3 redflag.pngicon_elektra.png Electra (Unkillable) or ? 3 purpleflag.png /5 blackflag.png /5 redflag.png

3/5/5 is generally stronger, but if you're taking on OML or Phoenix, 5/5/3

4 greenflag.png /4 redflag.png /5 blackflag.pngicon_ghostrider.png (Johnny Blaze)

This is what I have, but I'm not sure about ideal. I've been wondering if 5/5/3 might be optimal, but I don't play him nearly enough to have a strong opinion.

5 greenflag.png /5 blueflag.png /3 blackflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png (Totally Awesome)

His black is a strong contender for worst power in the game. It's certainly the worst in the 4* tier.

5 greenflag.png /5 blueflag.png /3 purpleflag.pngicon_iceman.png Iceman (All New X-Men)
    3 yellowflag.png /5 blueflag.png /5 greenflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png Invisible Woman (Classic)
    5 redflag.png /5 blackflag.png /3 blueflag.pngicon_ironman.png Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
    5 purpleflag.png /3 blueflag.png /5 greenflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png Jean Grey (All New X-Men)
    3 redflag.png /5 greenflag.png /5 purpleflag.png Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
    5 redflag.png /3 yellowflag.png /5 blueflag.pngicon_thor.png Thor (Goddess of Thunder)

Amen to all of these.

5 blackflag.png /3 purpleflag.png /5 yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)

Kingpin is kind of funny, in a way. I'd say, 5 black and season to taste. He plays a little differently, depending on what you choose between purple and yellow, but effectiveness seems about the same.

4 purpleflag.png /4 yellowflag.png /5 redflag.pngicon_miles.png (Spiderman)

This is my preference, as I love his red, and feel like the yellow needs at least four to be worth having. But I've seen people who value the purple more.

5 blueflag.png /? yellowflag.png /? blackflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png Mr Fantastic (Reed Richards)

Mine is 5/3/5, as I felt that was the generally strongest build. But the only position I've seen him at all useful in is paired with Carnage, and for that, 5/5/3 is better. So I'm starting to lean towards 5/5/3 as optimum.

5 yellowflag.png /5 blueflag.png /3 purpleflag.pngicon_nickfury.png Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Similarly to Kingpin, 5 blue and 5 of whichever of the other two you prefer. The yellow is very expensive, while the purple is too dependent on a tile, so it's a bit of a toss-up.

5 blueflag.png /3 purpleflag.png /5 yellowflag.pngicon_professorx.png Professor X (Charles Xavier)

So dependent on how you want to play him. For winfinite, 5/5/0. For maximum tile buffage (say, with Flaptain and Ghost Rider), 3/5/5. But I can see a case made for just about any build of him.

5 purpleflag.png /3 yellowflag.png /5 redflag.pngicon_starlord.png Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)

This is the best standalone build. 3/5/5 gives some interesting options, too, though, and is my preference.

5 redflag.png /3 yellowflag.png /5 greenflag.pngicon_thing.png The Thing (Classic)

Some people like to maximize the passive, but this is my preference, as it isn't an automatic loss if Loki's black follows his yellow triggering.

5 greenflag.png /3 blackflag.png /5 yellowflag.png Venom (Eddie Brock)

This is my preference, but a strong case can be made for 3/5/5 as well. Basically, you're stuck with his black, and the downside of that disappears once you get to five. And you definitely want to max his yellow, as that's his best. He's another that I haven't played with a whole lot, though.

5 greenflag.png /5 blackflag.png /3 yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (X-Force) or 3 greenflag.png /5 blackflag.png /5 yellowflag.png

Depends on whether you want to use his green. If you do, it has to be at five, because it's lame at three. But if not, 3/5/5 is also strong.

5 greenflag.png /3 redflag.png /5 purpleflag.pngicon_x23.png X-23(All new Wolverine)

This really depends on team composition. If she's tanking two or three of her colors, go with this. If she's only tanking one, 5/5/3. If she isn't tanking any, don't use her.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 yellowflag.png /5 blueflag.png /3 purpleflag.pngicon_nickfury.png Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Similarly to Kingpin, 5 blue and 5 of whichever of the other two you prefer. The yellow is very expensive, while the purple is too dependent on a tile, so it's a bit of a toss-up.
    Purple gains no damage from 3->5. Instead you steal a bit more AP and reduce the countdown by 1. Yellow picks up a useful stun at 4, and an AOE at 5. If purple 4 and 5 were switched, I would make a case for 5/4/4 so that the countdown is more likely to go off, but it's not worth giving up a 3 turn stun for the 2 turn countdown.
  • Clamoe100
    Options
    Anyone want to update this list? I think it's very handy. Thanks.