Recommended Builds

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    metabelian wrote:
    9fingers wrote:
    I prefer cage at 355 - yellow takes so long to build. Great when he's boosted but 5red means -1 per ai match - helpful in negating damage in pve too.

I agree. Black is more versatile. Plus, I usually use him with Thor and/or Hood who also have good yellows.

To use his black effectively requires a minimum of 12ap, how is that better than his yellow? 5/3/5 all the way, you still get a decent protect tile, and max strength on both hard hitters. Team him with a 3/5/5 IF, and once you have your 12 black, game over, IF purple is spammable, and save that 12 black for a final blow. His yellow at 5 can 1 shot most 3*'s.

Frankly, it's HEAPS easier to generate black than yellow. Doom, and IF, for example. Also, IF and Cage pair (for obvious reasons).
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Not that it matters since she has only 2 powers, but you are missing the star.png black widow on the list.

Great list it is much easier than going through character pages!
  • Any chance we can can get an admin to sticky this?
  • Not that it matters since she has only 2 powers, but you are missing the star.png black widow on the list.

Isn't she Yelena Belova?
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Black Widow (modern), not Yelena.
  • slf03c
    slf03c Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Any idea when it will be updated with some of the new characters?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    9fingers wrote:
    I prefer cage at 355 - yellow takes so long to build. Great when he's boosted but 5red means -1 per ai match - helpful in negating damage in pve too.

I had mine 3/5/5 but switched to 5/5/3, it depends on whom you pair him with, but in PVP the AI always fires his black at 6, which means it rarely gets it off the 2nd time for more damage.

Now, I haven't been using him all that much in PVP outside his event, which just ran.
  • Just let me know what new info to add here. But does anyone really know what newish 4* chars should be?
  • Thank you all for the great work. Tons of good info in this thread. Quick question for you all, what I'm finding is as important as individual strengths are, team synergy is vital in later levels. Any suggestions on good 2 and 3 star teams?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ajahang wrote:
    Any suggestions on good 2 and 3 star teams?

Many threads on this can already be found in the Tips and Guides section - http://d3go.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6
  • just bumping this back to the first page so i can find it easier lol
  • Super helpful! Thanks for this thread!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Especially now that we have Falcon America coming it's time to change your Carol over to:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_caroldanvers.png to 5/5/3. The ability to blow up every protect tile is going to be even more crucial.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    petritis wrote:
    ? purpletile.png /? blacktile.png /? greentile.pngicon_bullseye.png Bullseye (Classic)

Any idea on his best build!?

purpleflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.png Which one with 3!?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Houtro wrote:
    petritis wrote:
    ? purpletile.png /? blacktile.png /? greentile.pngicon_bullseye.png Bullseye (Classic)

I'm going 5/3/5 just because his black is too conditional. Unless boosted he isn't going to be a guy I use much so it's not very likely he will get many kills to trigger his black from my roster.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Bullseye just became 5/4/4 after Earth's Mightiest rewards, and I'm aiming for 5/5/3. I don't see myself using green much, so that made it a pretty easy decision.
  • snlf25 wrote:
    Houtro wrote:
    petritis wrote:

I'm going 5/3/5 just because his black is too conditional. Unless boosted he isn't going to be a guy I use much so it's not very likely he will get many kills to trigger his black from my roster.

It is not much, but I set Bullseye's Purple to 5.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    petritis wrote:
    Not that it matters since she has only 2 powers, but you are missing the star.png black widow on the list.

Isn't she Yelena Belova?
    Nope, there is Yelena, but there is also Modern Black Widow, purpleflag.pngblueflag.png and many people build a 5 blueflag.png only version for sending out as TU to guarantee the multi-turn stun.
  • This post is pretty good, but as a fairly new player, I'd find a post that talks about team builds more useful. It'd be nice to read other people's thoughts on how 3 characters work well together. Might help me get out of my OBW, Thor, Capt. Marvel rut.

Something like... post your team build... no more than one character more/less than one tier away from the other two, ie: 1 3* and 2 2* or 2 4*s and a 3*... There might be a nice combo with a 4* and 2 1*s but that isn't exactly useful to a player with a roster of 1*s.

I'd start one myself, but I don't have rights, apparently.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Well, the glaring problem I can see with this list is that most (if not all) the threes you have are written as some form of 553, 355, or 535. But have you stopped to consider that some of them work as 544? Take for instance Colossus. You have him as 553. But I would argue that, while the yellow should be at 5 because it's awsome at that level, the second color, red, is just as good being 4. The only thing being at 5 does is add miniscule amounts of damage to the remaining characters, which is useless when you can take care of that damage yourself. Freeing up that level allows the black to be at 4, which deals a lot more damage to the enemy upon landing. That, coupled with the skill you potentially set up, can wipe a low health enemy out. It's at least more viable than leaving the power at 3.

In my alliance(s) we are always arguing/sharing knowledge regarding roster builds, and they all depend on what you are using the character for. For example, Colossus is built as a tank but he also facilitates by getting teammates to use skills without AP and dealing massive damage at the same time.

tl;dr: I think this is a good idea, but it needs to reflect that there are different builds for different needs.