Card types in Eldritch Moon

Options
moogus
moogus Posts: 24
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
This expansion seems incredibly lazy to me. Anyone else notice something about the card type distribution for Eldritch Moon?

Mythic creatures: 9
Mythic spells: 2
Mythic supports: 1

Rare creatures: 22
Rare spells: 1
Rare supports: 1

Uncommon creatures: 24
Uncommon spells: 5
Uncommon supports: 2

Total: 67
Creatures: 55 (~82%)
Non-creatures: 12 (~18%)

For reference, here are total stats for all previous cards excluding commons (to keep comparison fair):

Total cards (pre-EM): 470
Creatures: 264 (~56%)
Non-creatures: 206 (~44%)

Personally, I don't think there's much too much to get excited about in EM except for some bomb mythic creatures, Imprisoned in the Moon, Oath of Liliana for zombie decks, and Deploy the Gatewatch

Comments

• Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    I definitely noticed this! I got a SOI BB and out of the 21 unique EMN cards I got, 17 were creatures, and the other 4 were spells. And all 4 duplicates I got were creatures.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, what exactly is your complaint? Too many creatures? OGW had 35% non-creature cards, which is more than EMN, but still, so what?

Seriously, the whining on this forum makes me crazy sometimes? If the game is so terrible, why are you still playing?
  • moogus
    moogus Posts: 24
    Options
    So, what exactly is your complaint? Too many creatures? OGW had 35% non-creature cards, which is more than EMN, but still, so what?

Seriously, the whining on this forum makes me crazy sometimes? If the game is so terrible, why are you still playing?

Think my first sentence was pretty clear. Perhaps you can go re-read it.

It's a boring set with mostly terrible cards. I was excited at first, but after really looking at everything, there's really not much there. Maybe a ton of underwhelming creatures that take little effort to design is right up your alley though.

I didn't say the game is terrible and if anyone is being sensational, it's you. I definitely think they could spend more time/effort into designing more interesting cards that would further enhance the game.

Your complaints about whining adds zero value. Simply don't read the forums then.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If whining on the forums makes you crazy, why are you still reading here? :p

Stop whining about people whining if you hate whining so much.

I dont dislike this set but i also think that it could have been a better. More effort could have been made incorporating some of the cards from paper set... And they did not have to leave out so many cards.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Your first sentence doesn't explain anything. Why is it "lazy" to have more creatures than usual?

All I'm asking is for everyone to not focus on the negativity all the time. But I'm not surprised that I get trashed here for saying that immediately, that perfectly fits to the way many people talk here.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Meld,transform and emerge are the main new thing, can only be on creatures and need a bunch of space dedicated since these won't return for a lot of time.

Also the blue rare and uncommon creatures 7-10 mana creatures seem on par with the white and red ones for efficiency and some synergise well with rattlechain.