Options
2»

Comments

• ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll post my TBE team:
    3* Cyclops, 3* Bullseye, and 3* Spidey.

I definitely want to try out Tanis' recommended team. Sounds like a lot of fun!
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Big enchilada is manageable also with OBW + Thor + Daken (all 2*...) no boosts, maxed or champed (at around lvls 110). Just try to prioritize Blue bluetile.png for few rounds, to ensure you deal with the timers of goons and get some fake healing. Second to prioritize would be Yellow yellowtile.png (to trigger some nice green cascades, generating strike tiles and fueling Thors green). The last wave usually gets downed pretty quickly if you have saved enough Green greentile.png (for Thor) and Blue bluetile.png (now for Daken, provided there are few strikes on board already). Also is worth to steal some AP before the end of goon waves by OBW purpleflag.png , thus limiting the usage of powers by the opponents on the first turn, or finishing a wave with an ability (like Thors redflag.png to down last opponent), in that way you don't end turn and do some serious damage to the next wave before they shoot their abilities on you....
  • HeyoJayo
    HeyoJayo Posts: 75
    Options
    IM40, Lazy Cap, and 3/5/5 Hood

If the first node is all goon and can get the countdowns rolling, can finish all four nodes without taking damage.
  • Entropic
    Entropic Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Blade
    Luke Cage
    Rocket and Groot

Let Blade build up strike tiles while Luke's shield mitigates almost all the damage. Rocket for extra strike tiles with Blue. Usually by wave 2-3 I have fired off Blades green and purple powers at least once, so they're getting AP drained and hit for roughly 2500 every round. Save up Luke's yellow and Groot's green for the final wave and just unload.
  • Agent Why
    Agent Why Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    revskip wrote:
    I have fifteen 3*s champed and still roll out the 2* team of MNMags, cStorm and Capt Marvel for the Enchilada every day. Full color coverage, Mags feeds Storm's blue for stunning board movers, all three have great board shake abilities. I use Carol's yellow to overwrite countdowns most of the time with bonus cascades and her black to finish the last opponent of each wave although if necessary Mags red or Storm's green also can get rid of them pretty easily. I almost always end up with 30 AP in most colors by the end of round three so I am just firing off two Wind Storms, a Polarity Shift to make more blue and then a final Wind Storm to stun all three characters and just mop up with Mags red.

Also keeps me from using any characters I would normally use in PVE or PVP so saves on healthpacks.

!!! RevSkip - I can't thank you enough for this team suggestion. !!!

As an early 2* to 3* transitioner, I'd been having a terrible, no, make that nearly impossible time getting through the BE, and had nearly given up on any regular source of 3* covers. I'd tried other suggestions on this thread, another thread, and also from my alliance. Nothing worked reliably until I tried your combo.

I don't have any 3* characters that are battle ready, most of the 2* suggestions do not cover all the colors of the MPQ rainbow, and many of the suggestions are based on the "strategy" of "collect such & such a color in the first wave", with basically zero consideration that MPQ rarely indulges your need or desire to collect a specific color in a specific wave. With this team, almost any board will work, since you'll be collecting AP for some power or another. Ms Marvel's powers are relatively cheap and even though they don't hit too hard, she's got crazy health. Cheap powers are really, really useful in the first wave, and crazy health is great on days when Ultron's goons are in a wave.

For other new-ish players learning the ropes, I'd like to add that to make the MNMags, cStorm and Capt Marvel team work, it's imperative that Storm is LOWER than Carol or Mags. Indeed, given how tough Carol is, I'd say that Ms Marvel should be the highest level, with Mags following, and Storm dead last. If your characters are championed, sell any duplicate 2* covers you get that would break this order of levels... don't worry, you'll get armies worth of these covers as you play.

From lowest to highest:
    Storm 5/5/3 - with this team, I've taken so little damage her yellow almost never goes off
    MNMags 3/5/5 - you'll nearly always use Storm's blue, so max red & purple
    Ms Marvel 4/5/4 - almost and config will work, but this still gets to remove 3 protect with red if needed, reduces loss of random AP from 4 down to 3 on black, and still gives 8 TU tiles added on yellow.

Save a couple Hood "Intimidation" teamups & bring one along if you get a chance... they make Magneto's red (5 cover) instantaneous instead of 1 turn, which might save you if you run into trouble.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meander wrote:
    another fun Bullseye team I used to use was 3BE, beast, psylocke. Strike and attack tiles eerrrrvery where.

This is my BE team. Rainbow and special tiles galore so you just need to get to 7 purple fast and then it's raining strike tiles. My goal is just get to wave 4 with 18 green and use Animal Inside twice. WIth the amount of strike tiles on the board I haven't found a team yet that can survive that.

The other reason I like this team, as others have said, is that it's a team of B or C list characters that I won't use elsewhere and don't really care if they are limping along after a fight, though usually they make it through fairly unscathed.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's been quite a while since I used it, but my 3* BE team was Kamala, Cyclops, Juggernaut. Lots of cheap board-shake, lots of AP generation, and nice finishing powers. When I first started using it, and all three were undercovered, it focused on Juggernaut, then moved to a focus on Cyclops, and finally to Kamala.

Think I only lost with it twice (horrendous boards). Fun team. Should use it again, maybe, although the team I use now is way faster than that one could hope for (OML/Phoenix/Iceman).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Mr. Fantastic/Thing/Bagman - No special strategy here, its just fun to play these guys. A highly defensive team with nukes from Thing, protect tiles from Thing & Mr F, and random Bagman shenanagins as necessary - stalling countdowns, creating cascades with Switcheroo, etc...and when the AI matches any of your tiles away, you get extra green AP from all the FF members.
    I have to try this after I champ bagman. still another month or so away. and I'll probably forget. but when I have extra time, that sounds like fun.

edit: my speed team is usually oml/fist/cmags. strikes+cascades = fast.
    will be trying the bagman/MFer team with either torch or thing over the next few days. used daken/axw/obw today - was an old fav of mine before I sold axw and daken. now that I have all my 2s back plus the ones I didn't have, i'll be trying new stuff nearly every day for a while.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got a yellowflag.png OML way back when I was still in 2* land. Used him in BE ever since, for match damage and tanking. Paired him with MNMag and MNThor back then. Now I pair him with KK and MThor. OML works beautifully with KK and MThor because he tanks red and yellow.

With KK's purpleflag.png and Thor's yellowflag.png feeding greenflag.png I usually have cascades as my main source of damage. Fire up KK's Inhuman Stretchiness in a color that wouldn't make any greenflag.png match, then Thor's Thunderstrike immediately. The resulting cascade (and several criticals if I'm lucky) is truly beautiful.

I usually collect 30 greenflag.png before firing Call the Storm. Or I save it for the next round to instantly down any non-goon opponent.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did the BE yesterday with my recently-champed trio of Patch, 3Daken and Loki, and I was shocked at how easy it was! As its a longer match with 4 waves, I was able to do multiple combos of Patch's strike tiles, then getting Loki to convert all the enemy strikes to shields, so I was consistently doing 2000+ damage per turn by the final round, and only getting hit for 1 damage including some enemy special attacks - brilliant!

Oh and Loki stealing the AP whenever the other team did a match 4

Daken was just along for the ride/strike tile creation
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My go-to team is Spider-Man/Falcon/Torch - all 3*

First match some purple and get defense tiles up from Spidey. Next, match some yellow so Spider-Man can pop a heal later if needed, meanwhile Falcon is buffing those defense tiles with every yellow match. Mix in some blue, but just enough so Falcon's Falcon starts eating those pesky enemy countdown tiles.

Once your defenses are properly set, hoard green, black, and red and let Torch clear 4 tiers of enemies all by himself. With a steady flow of green it usually doesn't take long. After every pop of his black, make a yellow match so Falcon boosts the strike tiles. Use his red to take out non-goons, so enemies aren't making matches and its easier for you to control the board, protecting key tiles.
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    I find the combo of IM40, KK and Cap to be very effective. When I got my 4s roster further I still use IM40, Cap and JG.

IM lets you get Cap shields running, which provides amazing cd control and your resource pool wont run out if you plan the timings right and protect your cd tiles by placing them right.

KK will heal and also it allows you to build up a 2 AoE hit for the last wave which will basically mean you can skip that. Or use the AoE if caps shields are not doing enough work.

IM even gets you some purple which helps KK green generation.