big enchilada

Options
Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So I have been working the big enchilada with a very random team now with huge success:

5* phoenix (only one cover, green) to tank
3* thor (355)
2* magneto (355)

it has a good color mix, only missing black. using mags purple to clear out any blue enemy tiles, and make critical tiles for phoenix to inflict huge damage. use mags red to hit the enemy for over 3k damage, as well as punch a hole in the board, use blue to also punch a hole in the board (either for shakeup or to get rid of those damn ninja "turn to smoke" tiles).

That being said, I would like to stop using mags so much, that way I can sell him since he is maxed at 144. This would bring in a good chunk of ISO that I could then use to champ either 3* cap, 3* cyke, or 3* IM40. I was thinking about throwing out the team of:

IF, BP, and 3*thor, all champed. That gives full color coverage, good AOE in black and green, and the ability to build colors for eachother (IF purple to black, thor yellow to green). Any thoughts? I have a hard time letting go of the current team, only because I literally haven't lost using this team yet, and I like getting the easy 3* reward. But, I do want to sell mags and eventually Ares so get the ISO reward.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you have them, I have two really fun Enchilada teams for you:

Elektra/Doc Ock/Patch - Save up 7 purple and 9 green, cast Berserker Rage and Double Double Cross the same turn. Bonus points if you can get Ballet of Death going first and/or match away a special tile for an Ock attack tile the same turn. Oh, my turn is over? Cool, take 2,000+. Oh, it's my turn? Cool, take 2,000+. Match 3, take 2,000+. Oh, my turn is over? You see where this is going icon_e_biggrin.gif

Mr. Fantastic/Thing/Bagman - No special strategy here, its just fun to play these guys. A highly defensive team with nukes from Thing, protect tiles from Thing & Mr F, and random Bagman shenanagins as necessary - stalling countdowns, creating cascades with Switcheroo, etc...and when the AI matches any of your tiles away, you get extra green AP from all the FF members.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Mr. Fantastic/Thing/Bagman - No special strategy here, its just fun to play these guys. A highly defensive team with nukes from Thing, protect tiles from Thing & Mr F, and random Bagman shenanagins as necessary - stalling countdowns, creating cascades with Switcheroo, etc...and when the AI matches any of your tiles away, you get extra green AP from all the FF members.
    I have to try this after I champ bagman. still another month or so away. and I'll probably forget. but when I have extra time, that sounds like fun.

edit: my speed team is usually oml/fist/cmags. strikes+cascades = fast.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I have to try this after I champ bagman. still another month or so away. and I'll probably forget. but when I have extra time, that sounds like fun.

It entertains me, which, sadly, few things do in this game anymore...tried it with Sue over Bags first, but that left purple uncovered...and switcheroo can be insanely helpful sometimes...double Idle Hands? Yes please!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll have to try this FF team. I usually just choose OML and two randos. I really like using 3* bullseye though, it's fun to fill up the entire screen with his strike.png s.
  • Crnch73
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    If you have them, I have two really fun Enchilada teams for you:

Elektra/Doc Ock/Patch - Save up 7 purple and 9 green, cast Berserker Rage and Double Double Cross the same turn. Bonus points if you can get Ballet of Death going first and/or match away a special tile for an Ock attack tile the same turn. Oh, my turn is over? Cool, take 2,000+. Oh, it's my turn? Cool, take 2,000+. Match 3, take 2,000+. Oh, my turn is over? You see where this is going icon_e_biggrin.gif

unfortunately, my elektra is only 2 covers, same thing for Mr. F and Thing. basically, my 4* covers are nothing to be excited about, so I decided to really focus on 3* for now. Hence, why I am looking to stop using a 2* so much, so that I can sell him and further my 3* development. I hate waiting around for ISO, so selling off the 2* max champs is my best method for now.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For 3* teams, I like BP, SheHulk, Kamala.

Each has a AoE attack, Kamala will heal, SheHulk will flip enemy special tiles, even BP's blue can be useful for a 4-wave fight.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Magneto, Hood, and GSBW make a solid team.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My go to is Kamala, Im40, 4hor, but 3Cap could substitute 4hor in a pinch.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like to center around 3* Bullseye, he's so fun, I pair him with SW to generate his purple, but by the end of round 2 she's not as effective because of all the strike tiles hogging up the tiles that she can convert. My third varies, usually IF to make use of the strike tiles with his attack tile and take half the life of the character at the end of the turn. It also gives a special tile for you to destroy to start the ball rolling.

Sometimes I like using Doc Oc when its mostly goons with a few heroes scattered throughout. I might try him with ProfX to buff the attack tiles, and maybe Luke Cage to absorb damage.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blade, 3cap, Kamala
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back in my 2 -> 3* transition days, my go to was 3* Magneto (5|3|5), 3* Punisher (3|5|5), and 2* Black Widow (3|5|5). Put up shields and strikes quickly, heal with obw as needed, or if not, have Magneto rip things up with blue. Punisher black on start of waves to soften, and red to down the big threats once their health is below the threshold.

Now, my standard is OML (0/1/1), Daken (5/5/3), and Blade. Get every drop of purple, keep making strikes. Blade's purple is pretty devastating once you get enough for 4000 damage per turn.

You can also sub in Falcon for Blade. Put out strikes, and with a few rounds of inspiration matches, the match damage alone makes for a fun win.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    another fun Bullseye team I used to use was 3BE, beast, psylocke. Strike and attack tiles eerrrrvery where.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have fifteen 3*s champed and still roll out the 2* team of MNMags, cStorm and Capt Marvel for the Enchilada every day. Full color coverage, Mags feeds Storm's blue for stunning board movers, all three have great board shake abilities. I use Carol's yellow to overwrite countdowns most of the time with bonus cascades and her black to finish the last opponent of each wave although if necessary Mags red or Storm's green also can get rid of them pretty easily. I almost always end up with 30 AP in most colors by the end of round three so I am just firing off two Wind Storms, a Polarity Shift to make more blue and then a final Wind Storm to stun all three characters and just mop up with Mags red.

Also keeps me from using any characters I would normally use in PVE or PVP so saves on healthpacks.
  • Crnch73
    Options
    For the best roster advice, it helps to direct others to your roster. Either by naming the alliance you're in, or creating a roster page at gamependium.

I use 3BE Cage Fist in TBE, every day. Have for at least 9 months, maybe a year.

Wayyyyy, back when DDQ started, it was Rogers, OBW, and Falcon. Slow but sure.

There are so many good 2* and 3* TBE teams ... Thor Cstorm MnMags, Rogers Khan Hood, Spidey Witch Khan, Rogers IM40 Khan, etc, etc.

When selling maxchamp 2s make sure you have the associated 3* already champed.

I just updated my roster on gamependium. It was always there, just outdated. https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/crnch/

I made a small mistake in my roster choices, I chose to champ any 3* that I was able to at first. Now, I have a few that I may never use and I am wishing I had that ISO back to champ 3* cap, 3* cyke, etc. Like I said, I would like to stop using 2* mags so much if possible, but I don't know who to use. Tomorrow I plan on trying the team of IF, BP, and 3* thor, and if that does not work I will fall back to my normal team.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I just updated my roster on gamependium. It was always there, just outdated. https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/crnch/

I made a small mistake in my roster choices, I chose to champ any 3* that I was able to at first. Now, I have a few that I may never use and I am wishing I had that ISO back to champ 3* cap, 3* cyke, etc. Like I said, I would like to stop using 2* mags so much if possible, but I don't know who to use. Tomorrow I plan on trying the team of IF, BP, and 3* thor, and if that does not work I will fall back to my normal team.

Your team should work, the only problem I see is what to do with yellow. If you use it for BP strikes then that really ramps up the damage Fists attack tile will do and help aoe damage, but you need that yellow to get thor's green going faster. It will still work either way.

My go-to team is one you also have maxed: Kamala, BP, Cmags. You get an active power on every color, get some BP strikes out, start a cascade of green w/KK's purple, then her green can basically wipe out an entire wave, same w/BP's black. Use Cmags to take down single targets, especially to end waves so you get first turn on the next one.

I've tried lots of different teams, but when I just want to get through it quickly, that's the one I keep going back to.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

It entertains me, which, sadly, few things do in this game anymore...tried it with Sue over Bags first, but that left purple uncovered...and switcheroo can be insanely helpful sometimes...double Idle Hands? Yes please!

Mr f / x23 / carnage is also fun. Carnage spews out tiles and x23 heals when you match red green or pink and Mr f heals when they remove your special tiles. Its really really hard to die with this team
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My two-cover Green Goblin tanks for me while Steve Rogers - Captain America and Scarlet Witch carry the flanks.

Goblin protects their respective countdown tiles and soaks damage matching purple for SWitch, and once Rogers gets his red going, he deals out allllll the hurt.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the last several months (February? March?) my Enchilada team has been Cage, 3* Sam Wilson, and Blade.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My favorite 3* team right now is:
    Bullseye (aka Lord of Wave nodes)
    Patch (He who shall tank)
    Spider-Man ( MC Boss Stunner)

This team gives you someone who can take alot of damage and keep going, a stun, and lots and lots and lots of strike tiles. Spider-Man matches purple to put out protect tiles and then Bullseye can use them to smash with his own purple. It is very common for the entire board to be lit up with strike tiles by the end of the second wave, making the last two waves super quick.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Been using lately She-Hulk, 3*Thor and Mystique/Dr Doom. They are efficient no matter what they are against.