Another Roster Help Request: Three Star Land

Roland113
Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hello all,

I need advice, there are a couple different threads going around about farming 2 and three star characters and waiting on the four star characters until I'm in that transition stage. So, I'm starting to be convinced that I need to scale back. I've certainly made mistakes as I built my roster. The big question, do I try to rectify those mistakes or do I change my strategy dramatically. First off, here's my roster:

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Roland113/

Here is what I'm considering. (For the record, I can't believe I'm saying this, but . . . )

1) Selling off my two five stars to try and reset my scaling.
I don't know if I want to sell them off, but I barely use them at this point and if I understand this correctly, they're making my life much more difficult than it has to be.

2) Selling off some four stars, specifically, Electra, XF Deadpool, Sam Wilson, Spider Gwen, Thoress.
I want to keep the other ones just cause I really like them. None of these really do much for me now other than let me play the exclusive PvE missions when their turns come up.

3) Selling off Invisible Woman
I put her separately because I know I'm getting two more covers for her in the daily drop over the next two months. I know she's not a well loved character, but three covers is kind of a big deal for me.

4) Replacing them with my missing two and three stars ( 2* Ares and Daken, 3* IM40, Daken, Bullseye, She Hulk) and keep building up those characters.

5) Selling off some of my two star characters and rebuilding them from scratch to get the additional hero points, command points and so on. (Storm, Torch, Moonstone, Wolvie, Cap Am (when he maxes out) and Widow.

I'd love to hear your input on the items above, please tell me I'm a fool, I should never sell off my five stars, Deadpool XF is going to be a favorite, I need to hold on to him, or what have you. Stop me before I make a big mistake. Or . . . let me know that I'm on the right track.

Thank you in advance,

Comments

• cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Roland113 wrote:
    Hello all,

I need advice, there are a couple different threads going around about farming 2 and three star characters and waiting on the four star characters until I'm in that transition stage. So, I'm starting to be convinced that I need to scale back. I've certainly made mistakes as I built my roster. The big question, do I try to rectify those mistakes or do I change my strategy dramatically. First off, here's my roster:

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Roland113/

Here is what I'm considering. (For the record, I can't believe I'm saying this, but . . . )

1) Selling off my two five stars to try and reset my scaling.
    I don't know if I want to sell them off, but I barely use them at this point and if I understand this correctly, they're making my life much more difficult than it has to be.

2) Selling off some four stars, specifically, Electra, XF Deadpool, Sam Wilson, Spider Gwen, Thoress.
    I want to keep the other ones just cause I really like them. None of these really do much for me now other than let me play the exclusive PvE missions when their turns come up.

3) Selling off Invisible Woman
    I put her separately because I know I'm getting two more covers for her in the daily drop over the next two months. I know she's not a well loved character, but three covers is kind of a big deal for me.

4) Replacing them with my missing two and three stars ( 2* Ares and Daken, 3* IM40, Daken, Bullseye, She Hulk) and keep building up those characters.

5) Selling off some of my two star characters and rebuilding them from scratch to get the additional hero points, command points and so on. (Storm, Torch, Moonstone, Wolvie, Cap Am (when he maxes out) and Widow.

I'd love to hear your input on the items above, please tell me I'm a fool, I should never sell off my five stars, Deadpool XF is going to be a favorite, I need to hold on to him, or what have you. Stop me before I make a big mistake. Or . . . let me know that I'm on the right track.

Thank you in advance,

1. I would hang on to them because you already have more than one cover and they are both good characters. I wouldn't worry too much about your scaling based on where your roster is. They affect it, but probably more on weeks when none of your champed 3* are boosted.

2. You do not need many more slots (only 6) and you have several 2* max champed (which means once you sell them you will be close to enough HP for another slot). You might not need to sell many 4*, especially if you do not have any 3* waiting in the q. From your list, I would only sell the one cover Spider Gwen. War machine, Kate Bishop and Moon Knight are easy sells at 1 cover too. I know you said you did not want to, but you will likely get more of those covers long before you have more usable 4* champed.

3. I do not want to give advice about that one because maybe she will be respeced by the devs soon and with assured covers coming, I think you should just decide if you want to start building her sooner or later (or never). I eventually kept mine because I had the space, but early on when roster slots were tighter I think I sold a couple.

4. Yes! You will likely get 2* first, but if you happen to get IM40 make room for him.

5. What I usually do is wait until I get a cover for max champed 2* and then sell and re-slot it immediately with the new cover (then just rebuild it as the covers come in). I would also recommend staggering them so you always have a few 2* at higher levels than the others who can complete DDQ.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    ( I should mention that there is a specific sub-sections in "Tips and Guides" for roster development questions. If your topic suddenly seems to have disappeared, be sure to check there as it may have been moved)
  • Roland113
    Blahahah wrote:
    ( I should mention that there is a specific sub-sections in "Tips and Guides" for roster development questions. If your topic suddenly seems to have disappeared, be sure to check there as it may have been moved)

Thanks. I've lurked long enough that I should have remembered that section
  • Roland113
    cardoor wrote:

1. I would hang on to them because you already have more than one cover and they are both good characters. I wouldn't worry too much about your scaling based on where your roster is. They affect it, but probably more on weeks when none of your champed 3* are boosted.

2. You do not need many more slots (only 6) and you have several 2* max champed (which means once you sell them you will be close to enough HP for another slot). You might not need to sell many 4*, especially if you do not have any 3* waiting in the q. From your list, I would only sell the one cover Spider Gwen. War machine, Kate Bishop and Moon Knight are easy sells at 1 cover too. I know you said you did not want to, but you will likely get more of those covers long before you have more usable 4* champed.

3. I do not want to give advice about that one because maybe she will be respeced by the devs soon and with assured covers coming, I think you should just decide if you want to start building her sooner or later (or never). I eventually kept mine because I had the space, but early on when roster slots were tighter I think I sold a couple.

4. Yes! You will likely get 2* first, but if you happen to get IM40 make room for him.

5. What I usually do is wait until I get a cover for max champed 2* and then sell and re-slot it immediately with the new cover (then just rebuild it as the covers come in). I would also recommend staggering them so you always have a few 2* at higher levels than the others who can complete DDQ.

1) Thanks. I really didn't want to sell those two. Covers retained.

2) Good deal. I'm keeping Kate cause I really liked her on the pvp intro event. I'll sell the others off as I need spots.

3) Good call on IW. I was kind of irritated that I had sold my two cover TA Hulk when the details of the revamp were released.

4) Cool. Farming started. Will farm more as I get covers for them.

5) Yep. Started with Torch. I'll do Wolfie after the next pve event.

Thank you so much for the advice cardoor.