Why hold win-centric events when infinite loops exist?

Options
jackvett
jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ Events
If the devs acknowledged over the past two weeks that not only are infinite loops not intended, but are the next target for changes....can we get some input as to why we're having nodes-style events still?

Harness the storm + drownyard temple means you can't blow up the storm with anything short of multiple stacked support removal. I've had to force-quit infinite loops twice out of eight games in silver tier (one green, one red). Why punish us further for playing the game before this has been patched?

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I get your point in general, but I see no connection between Harness the Storm and Drownyard Temple. How did this create a problem in your game? Is your point that the deck you played against had multiple supports and therefore the "destroy a random support" effects can miss?
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    If the devs acknowledged over the past two weeks that not only are infinite loops not intended, but are the next target for changes....can we get some input as to why we're having nodes-style events still?

Harness the storm + drownyard temple means you can't blow up the storm with anything short of multiple stacked support removal. I've had to force-quit infinite loops twice out of eight games in silver tier (one green, one red). Why punish us further for playing the game before this has been patched?

You seem to be suggesting events be put on hold till patches are implemented. Perhaps you should just abstain from the events? The one punishing you for playing the game is yourself.

What's the difference between not having an event and you sitting it out? Some of us like to play the events. Besides, your description of storm + temple isn't even infinite.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    jackvett wrote:

You seem to be suggesting events be put on hold till patches are implemented. Perhaps you should just abstain from the events? The one punishing you for playing the game is yourself.

What's the difference between not having an event and you sitting it out? Some of us like to play the events. Besides, your description of storm + temple isn't even infinite.

How funny, I have taken a massive break and it's felt great. Playing for participation crystals and spending 2-3 hours over the weekend playing was infinitely better than the grind. Plus, my rewards were 99.99% similar to people not guaranteed a mythic!

What's the difference between you acting as an apologist for this game and you just normally talking? Some of us enjoy competition on a level playing field. Besides, your point is basically that I am the problem for being unhappy and should leave.

edit: don't necro threads just to talk smack