Duplicates for runes

Options
Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I was wondering if there was any reason we can keep duplicates? When when get duplicates there is a number by each card indicating how many of that card we own. The only way to exchange them is for runes so why isn't this done automatically? Why are we even given a choice to keep them?There seems to be no purpose to duplicates. Any thoughts on this guys?

Comments

• Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    I'm holding out hope for a real 40/60 card deck system where you need to fill all card slots yourself. Suddenly that 4th exert influence sounds great!
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gideon wrote:
    I was wondering if there was any reason we can keep duplicates? When when get duplicates there is a number by each card indicating how many of that card we own. The only way to exchange them is for runes so why isn't this done automatically? Why are we even given a choice to keep them?There seems to be no purpose to duplicates. Any thoughts on this guys?

I think this was done to avoid pissing off players who didn't / don't want to trade in duplicates.

I still think that the conversion rate is **** given the difficulty in getting mythics/rares vs the difficulty of getting the equivalent runes. Plus there is a finite amount of use runes have since there is only one thing to do with them and once your PW'ers are all capped out they have no value until the next PW comes out.