Your Game Isn't Fun Anymore, Fix It.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
See title. I have nothing else to add. Sick of 230s. When you nerf Spider-man it's going to be completely unplayable.

Comments

• Magneto, Hood, GSBW, Loki, Patch, Punisher, Hulk. All of those characters in several combinations at level 100+ are able to beat any of the current missions with 3x230 enemies regularly without too much health lost (as well as any mission in Thick as Thieves or Heroic Osborne) Yes, they are all ***, no, not everyone should be able to endlessly grind what could be considered 'end-game' content. Or, if I wanted to put it in a snarky format like your post:

L2P.

See above sentence, sick of whining.
  • The only mission that seems obviously 'Spiderman-required' would be Daken, though I think people by now should be familiar with how insanely overpowered Daken is when he's a boss character. Daken is probably beatable without Spiderman, but you'd need some luck and definitely boosts.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Your Loki's Trickery + their daken = 1 damage forever.

Also, Moonstone can steal the muscle's threaten count down tile to provide you with boosted damage (or just Loki the strike tile when it's on board for even less damage). You probably won't be running moonstone with Loki as both use black, but there's one additional method of getting strike tiles if you don't have a Punisher.

Whittle their hit points away over time. If you find that you can't overcome dakan's healing, (remove the yellows and have him kill himself if possible) wait til you have 30 in all colours and just unleash on daken when he's the only one left. It's much slower and a little tedious, yes, but it's 100% doable WITHOUT Spiderman.

I've gotta say, I'm enjoying these matches... They're making me use characters that I've not used together before.

Cheers...
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yeah, the main issue I have is that the required characters aren't leveled up in my roster...which is of course entirely the fault of the devs icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Drop enough iso on them to level them up to 20-30, they're usually fine at that point -- especially if they're boosted (both moonstone and loki are).

You want them for their mechanics, not their damage or hit points.

For both of the above, if you don't level them too high, you can hide them behind a Hulk while they gather black to do their thing.

Cheers...
  • I used to play this game like a crack addict but now I can barely bring myself to play at all. I have completed every mission in the current PVE event, both regular and hard mode, but it's just not fun to have to play against these ridiculously high level teams where my only chance of success is by Spider-locking them and praying enough blue keeps showing up to deal 10000 damage before one of their blue countdowns goes off and explodes my entire team. I have 32 character slots, and I can essentially use 3 of them with the current broken scaling system. There's no hope of ever being able to slot in a 2 or 1* for a fun ability ever again.
  • See the first reply. L2P. I only have 27 slots and haven't had any real problem with beating lvl 230's (save Daken).
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They listened to you and fixed it.

Apparently the version you played didn't have a mix if the best heroes as opponents so you couldn't just use a standard 3 character team. And this new version also requires you to use different strategies because some enemy groups are tanky while others steal AP and require a burst team and some require board control to deal with strike tiles.

This new version has mission 6 which is just designed for M Storm, a one star character.

I'd hate to have to play whatever those missions were before you told them to fix it. They must have sucked.
  • The only mission I've had to use Spidey on is the Dakan mission. That was only because I have a severely under-leveled Loki.

Hell, most of the hard levels I've beaten with a broken Classic Storm build (3 blue cover) and a level 25 Loki.

I'd much rather have it like this, than the early days of PvE where you would just continually grind out points against lvl 30-66 Hammer/Maggia mooks. Talk about boring.
  • I'm not saying I can't finish the missions anymore, just saying it's not fun to do so.
  • So if it's not fun stop playing and quit the forum ok thanks bye.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know, beating the level 230 Daken with my weak roster was probably the most fun I've had playing the game. It required AP boosts, and it was the single longest match I've played in MPQ, and it was stressful -- but in a good way. My Spider-Man isn't strong enough to be helpful; for me the key was Modern Storm. And despite it taking forever, I believe it technically ended on the fourth turn!
  • You said it's no fun anymore because you have to use Spiderman. We are saying that is not true. There are tons of character combinations not involving Spiderman that can beat these missions, even Daken's at lvl 230. If you have 32 character slots, you should be able to field a team to beat those missions. If you have 32 character slots, but no one high enough level to beat the hard fights, then you haven't been spreading your ISO around, and the game is punishing you for that. Putting all of your ISO into a few characters makes PVP easier, having a well-balanced roster makes PVE easier (that is an oversimplification, but generally true, in my opinion).

If you want to post your roster, we could offer some suggestions of how to play without using Spiderman. I already suggested several in my first reply. Now, if your REAL complaint is that you feel compelled to use Spiderman because he offers a more conservative, sure-fire way of winning, I will agree (and so will the Devs, I think) that Spiderman's stun ability is overpowered and doesn't make for terribly interesting play right now.
  • buckfanana wrote:
    I'm not saying I can't finish the missions anymore, just saying it's not fun to do so.

Fun is subjective. Someone else is having a blast with this event. TaT and Heroic Oscorp were god awful in comparison. This is a vast improvement. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you.