Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MADAFAKA wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    MADAFAKA wrote:
    Koth has just been upgraded to godlike level

Dude, are you in Platinum Tier? Because if not, you might get a surprise when you get up here.

I'm in gold. And by your same reasoning, there is no reason for kiora to be nerfed.

Sorry, what reasoning was that? I do like to know what's being said on my behalf.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    I think the platinum teir is the lowest populated teir in the game because there's only a small population of people on planet Earth that want to take a puzzle game that seriously...
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Tilikum wrote:
    I think the platinum teir is the lowest populated teir in the game because there's only a small population of people on planet Earth that want to take a puzzle game that seriously...

And one should listen to the experts... Right? After brexit I don't know anymore.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Tilikum wrote:

And one should listen to the experts... Right? After brexit I don't know anymore.

That's a good point.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tilikum wrote:

Think about it. Balancing in this game lead to people with better cards to naturally better winrates and win times. If you don't have the good cards to begin with, you get locked out of access through anything other than RNG by people who already have those cards.

Same goes for coalitions. Top 10 coalitions have spent the past month kicking anyone out who wasn't playing at a top-tier already. So the top rewards, which are cards that top-tier players already have for the most part (basing this off all the drop-rate complaint threads), are segregated to these players, who then segregate themselves from the rest of the playerbase.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    Tilikum wrote:

Think about it. Tiered rewards in this game lead to people with better cards to naturally better winrates and win times. If you don't have the good cards to begin with, you get locked out of access through anything other than RNG by people who already have those cards.

Same goes for coalitions. Top 10 coalitions have spent the past month kicking anyone out who wasn't playing at a top-tier already. So the top rewards, which are cards that top-tier players already have for the most part (basing this off all the drop-rate complaint threads), are segregated to these players, who then segregate themselves from the rest of the playerbase.

The tier rewards are actually pretty OK. The main difference is a little gold between the different tiers? (except for saheeli event)

The coalition rewards though... Well that's the part that guarantees "the rich get richer"
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:

The tier rewards are actually pretty OK. The main difference is a little gold between the different tiers? (except for saheeli event)

The coalition rewards though... Well that's the part that guarantees "the rich get richer"

Edited the language in my post slightly because I agree. Coalition tier rewards are definitely modeled off of competition rewards for individual play, but it seems like the translation isn't really appropriate.

Life sometimes seems like just an extension of high school....

@Steve, can I join your Kool Kids Koalition up in the P L A T I N U M T I E R if I degrade "these damn goldies" or "those good for nothing silvers" with the best of them?
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Some people actually suggested nerfing the tentacles by removing the reach, temple and amount.
    I think the dev forgot to nerf the tentacles, including crush of tentacles. this is next I assume
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eh. I'm Platinum in 5 colors. That and a ham sandwich will get you a ham sandwich.

Surprisingly, there is no benefit to any coalition to having a Platinum player specifically. There are better individual awards, and the player pools appear to be smaller, but me getting 5 points is the same to my coalition as if a bronze / silver / gold member gets 5 points.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    me getting 5 points is the same to my coalition as if a bronze / silver / gold member gets 5 points
    This is exactly why I'm happy where I'm at. I need more from the rewards in silver, and I'm helping out my coalition way more than I would in gold.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Folks, don't insult fellow forum users. That includes the devs. Don't post titles in all caps.
    Making statements like the devs don't play their own game is not constructive - and is just plain incorrect.

Constructive feedback is great and one of the reasons the forums exist. But, please follow forum rules while providing feedback.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.