STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Options
Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Everyone please stop complaining about how EVERYTHING is OP. Soon the Devs will Nerf all planeswalkers to have no abilities and just have color combinations. ( Devs don't do this just giving an example of how dumb your recent decisions have been) You are ruining all that I love about this game. Kiora was my favorite now she sucks the big one. SP is now an uncommon so please change its color in accordance with your stupid Nerf. Soon this game will not be played by anyone with how cards and planeswalkers get redacted and the bugs just keep crawling around without being fixed. Maybe it's time to get new people on the Dev team, ones that actually play the game.

Comments

• Netatron
    Options
    Yep, I've always said that Kiora didn't need nerfs, other planeswalkers needed buffs. It's a shame the dev team really doesn't seem to play this game much or understand it too well. They thought Catacomb Slug would be too strong if it costed less, and that's how defenders got prohibitively expensive... They should probably take another look at that now that it only takes 1/3rd of a mana to give something vigilance.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm getting really tired of knee-jerk nerfs:

Seasons past needed fixing for a game breaking loop not the power of the card!

Harness the storm didnt need fixing st all, animation does, now it an overly expensive card that does...nothing

The sage became expensive - and- doesnt draw cards.

And dont get me started on kiora, id just like my €60 back please.

This is actually the worst nerf-round to date:
    Well done, you know who you are...
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    I'm getting really tired of knee-jerk nerfs:

Harness the storm didnt need fixing st all, animation does, now it an overly expensive card that does...nothing

The sage became expensive - and- doesnt draw cards.

And dont get me started on kiora, id just like my €60 back please.

This is actually the worst nerf-round to date:
    Well done, you know who you are...

Seasons past was slightly too strong. Like Kiora, it needed a nerf and got over nerfed.

Harness the storm was definitely too strong. I welcome that change to fill mana before draw. It's not funny to be winning with full health and lose in an endless cycle of direct burns.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    maybe if mtgPQ implements the original paper mtg rule of mana burn, then Gem cascades will now become a liability rather than an asset. lol
  • venomAA
    venomAA Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kiora needed a nerf on the first ability only. Not the 2nd and 3rd. Also people. The damn cards didn't need a nerf besides sp, and that was only the it can't return itself so it couldn't go infinite. Storm? Really? Pack some support removal. RC, haven't lost to that card in a while. Heck my current builds haven't los to anything but sp and incredible bad luck. You know loosing is part of the game, you loose bad, learn to build the damn decks. Can't? Copy them from the site. Really you guys wouldn't last a day playing paper magic in modern or commander. Heck, you would probably go cry on a corner after playing in a standard tournament.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stop complaining about our complaints! icon_lol.gif

To me it looks like when devs change cards or planeswalkers on their own initiative, the result is good(or at least not that bad).
    When an issue instead is repeatedly brought to attention on forum they overreact and nerf content to the ground. icon_eek.gif
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    When an issue instead is repeatedly brought to attention on forum they overreact and nerf content to the ground. icon_eek.gif
    this!

when we as forum repeatedly cry nerf, the devs feel the pressure to really show they are listening and instead of fixing something with the most delicate and surgical tweaks they try to show us how big their nerf-hammer is.

so people...think before you cry nerf
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh hey guys, I just took my pre-nerf Kiora out for a spin in the Nodes of Power event. I was up against Koth. I got steamrolled as he easily cascaded into at least 30 mana gain per turn dumping multiple creatures and wiping out my measely defense. My Kiora pre-nerf could not keep up with him.

I wonder how she will perform after the nerf (hint: she will be useless).
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Tell me, have you ever played Magic: Puzzle Quest?
    Steeme wrote:
    I wonder how she will perform after the nerf (hint: she will be useless).

I'm screenshotting that. It's priceless.
    Morphis wrote:
    Stop complaining about our complaints! icon_lol.gif

Hear, hear. You don't have to play this game, you know. You can go somewhere with a player base you like more if you want to.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That was a dumb move. What people say is true that the dev do not play the game that much to understand it.
    They nerfed Kiora and left Koth intact icon_eek.gif
    So many PWs had their abilities screwed.
    Many PWs needed improvements, nerf was not a solution.
  • Theros
    Options
    MADAFAKA wrote:
    That was a dumb move. What people say is true that the dev do not play the game that much to understand it.
    They nerfed Kiora and left Koth intact icon_eek.gif
    So many PWs had their abilities screwed and made useless.
    Many PWs needed improvements, nerf was not a solution.

Kiora's 2nd ability is as useless as Jace's 2nd ability that draws the last spell and give mediocre mana, at high loyalty cost. Jace first ability was useless. Ajanis 2nd ability was overcosted with nerf due to complains. 12 loyalty for 6 damage compared to chandra that deals 4 to all creatures. So many discrepancies about other PWs that needed prioritizing. And in all of that, the dev got nothing to work on but nerf, nerf and more nerf.
    Koth has just been upgraded to golike level
  • Theros
    Options
    [

Kiora's 2nd ability is as useless as Jace's 2nd ability that draws the last spell and give mediocre mana, at high loyalty cost. Jace first ability was useless. Ajanis 2nd ability was overcosted with nerf due to complains. 12 loyalty for 6 damage compared to chandra that deals 4 to all creatures. So many discrepancies about other PWs that needed prioritizing. And in all of that, the dev got nothing to work on but nerf, nerf and more nerf.
    Koth has just been upgraded to godlike level
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    planeswalkers with two colors and base planeswalkers often have a weak or situational ability in this game.
  • paralistalon
    Options
    Most of these games have a community manager at least that lets people know their concerns are being heard and will be addressed. This usually cuts down on complaining and can open a dialogue about what changes need to be made (I agree Kiora's 1st ability needed to be raised to 9... maybe even the last ability raised, but I don't think anyone has complained about her second ability!). I don't think their current strategy of noncommunication is helping.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MADAFAKA wrote:

Dude, are you in Platinum Tier? Because if not, you might get a surprise when you get up here.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Most of these games have a community manager at least that lets people know their concerns are being heard and will be addressed...I don't think their current strategy of noncommunication is helping.

Hit the nail on the head here.

Including reasoning behind some of the changes (a la Overwatch or League of Legends patch notes) or at the very least having a dev comment "I am reading this thread" would increase transparency tenfold and assure players that there is a relationship between us and developers we can invest in.

As long as buffs/nerfs are rolled out with blatantly minimal testing (see 1.7 notes that include things people started complaining about on 9/16 and 9/19), planeswalker schedules are obscured, card drops are random, AND there is no link between the players and the business....this game screams "WARNING. BAD ROI AHEAD."

I honestly imagine that pressure from investors/WotC on the teams running this game has created an environment where pushing out new content to draw in new players has completely superseded making a cohesive/balanced environment to play within. Toying with the numbers on Harness the Storm or even something unexciting (or if you're Steve, not platinum-tier enough) like Akoum Firebird is just not sexy compared to rolling out Eldritch Moon with its Emerge mechanic.

If we are witnessing that snowball building up even more speed, i can't help but imagine that a cliff is somewhere ahead.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    Most of these games have a community manager at least that lets people know their concerns are being heard and will be addressed...I don't think their current strategy of noncommunication is helping.

Hit the nail on the head here.

Including reasoning behind some of the changes (a la Overwatch or League of Legends patch notes) or at the very least having a dev comment "I am reading this thread" would increase transparency tenfold and assure players that there is a relationship between us and developers we can invest in.

As long as buffs/nerfs are rolled out with blatantly minimal testing (see 1.7 notes that include things people started complaining about on 9/16 and 9/19), planeswalker schedules are obscured, card drops are random, AND there is no link between the players and the business....this game screams "WARNING. BAD ROI AHEAD."

I honestly imagine that pressure from investors/WotC on the teams running this game has created an environment where pushing out new content to draw in new players has completely superseded making a cohesive/balanced environment to play within. Toying with the numbers on Harness the Storm or even something unexciting (or if you're Steve, not platinum-tier enough) like Akoum Firebird is just not sexy compared to rolling out Eldritch Moon with its Emerge mechanic.

If we are witnessing that snowball building up even more speed, i can't help but imagine that a cliff is somewhere ahead.

Well said. The clunky interface can't even handle how big they're making this game.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    MADAFAKA wrote:

Dude, are you in Platinum Tier? Because if not, you might get a surprise when you get up here.
    I think it would be interesting to break down the complaints per tiers. I have a feeling a lot of the overpowered complaints are from Silver and Bronze while Gold and Platinum are more concerned with bugs and freezes.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    MADAFAKA wrote:

I think it would be interesting to break down the complaints per tiers. I have a feeling a lot of the overpowered complaints are from Silver and Bronze while Gold and Platinum are more concerned with bugs and freezes.

Yup. Imagine if starcraft was balanced around bronze complaints. Zerglings would be only available as tier 3.
  • Theros
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    MADAFAKA wrote:

I'm in gold. And by your same reasoning, there is no reason for kiora to be nerfed. From my experience from Gold tier, Kiora is not as OP as a couple of individuals last week make it seems. People in Gold (from experience) and up can make it work with all other PWs including the origin PWs. I will lie to you if I say my kiora has never lost.

Koth has susperior abilities to kiora now, plain and simple. People in defense of Koth give the often excuse that he has a major drawbacks when you take away his red gems. They make it seem easy like 1 2 3.
    Koth can unload his entire deck and destroys all supports in 1 turn (if not the second turn and so on) and that cannot be true with the new Kiora, Unless you have mana generating mythics spells. Not all kiora owners have the right cards to get her started on the combos.
    Koth can play all his card without mythics or mana generating whatever.
    I'm not in favor of nerfing Koth or any PW for that matter. Complainers should have pointed to Koth or all other dual colored PWs to make it fair.
This discussion has been closed.