saheeli rai event

Options
FreakShow
FreakShow Posts: 23
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Has anyone found out what will happen to the people that have the pw from the event will get as I don't have it and it wouldn't be fair if people that had it got top 10 and screw the people that don't have it over

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FreakShow wrote:
    Has anyone found out what will happen to the people that have the pw from the event will get as I don't have it and it wouldn't be fair if people that had it got top 10 and screw the people that don't have it over

It looks like the next 2 events will overlap by about 24 hours so my guess is that it is an incentive for those with Saheeli to focus on the Nodes of Power, which will be much easier to get to the top when other players are duking it out for Saheeli. If this is the case I applaud them for the move as it makes the competitive folk make real decisions, while the rest of us get a crack at two sets of progression rewards and perhaps a handful of bonus crystals for ranking.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    FreakShow wrote:

Why wouldn't it be fair, exactly?
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    FreakShow wrote:

I think Freakshow means "sporting", not "fair".
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just hope all of the people who win Rai for the second time don't lock their accounts up. A lot of the cards in the game don't work and are bugged. If I had Rai I wouldn't want to test what will happen to my account if I won her again know d3 track record in interactions.
  • Pqmtg-
    Options
    Rogan Josh wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    FreakShow wrote:

I think Freakshow means "sporting", not "fair".

It's not really unsporting either is it? We don't blame Federer for trying to win yet another grandslam.
  • FreakShow
    Options
    What I mean by fair is if you already have the pw and try and make it so other people can't get her that wouldn't be fair the the ones that don't have it
  • Cwest79
    Cwest79 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All I know is that I really really really want Saheeli very very badly.
    I could have a beast of a mufuck!n deck with her.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    I'll shoot for 26-50 in plat in exchange for a Drowner of Hope.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cwest, I got Saheeli last time around. She really needs Kaladesh cards to be competitive. Without a sufficient selection of Construct creatures, her abilities are quite limited. I have her at level 59 and find her quite difficult to pilot. I appreciate your enthusiasm but I feel I should share that with you.

Would you share your killer decklist ideas with us here? Maybe I'm missing something.
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    Cwest, I got Saheeli last time around. She really needs Kaladesh cards to be competitive. Without a sufficient selection of Construct creatures, her abilities are quite limited. I have her at level 59 and find her quite difficult to pilot. I appreciate your enthusiasm but I feel I should share that with you.

Would you share your killer decklist ideas with us here? Maybe I'm missing something.

I've maxed out Saheeli and she is awesome, I actually find playing control works well and just using her first ability to put pressure on the board. (The deck does have a few crucial mythics in tho)

The current list I'm using is

Harbinger of Tides
    Reflector Mage
    Goblin Dark Dwellers
    Shrine of the gods
    Prism Array
    Fevered Visions
    Exert Influence
    Crush of Tentacles
    Talent of the telepath
    Inner Struggle
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    I've maxed out Saheeli and she is awesome, I actually find playing control works well and just using her first ability to put pressure on the board. (The deck does have a few crucial mythics in tho)

I've found the same thing with combo, actually, its amazing how much damage you can get out of those thopters while you play around with the cards in your deck icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pqmtg-
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    jimilinho_ wrote:

I've found the same thing with combo, actually, its amazing how much damage you can get out of those thopters while you play around with the cards in your deck icon_e_smile.gif

I think everyone latched on to the same idea of "+++ mana generation & blue op control" lol
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cragger wrote:

I find her much more interesting than most other planeswalkers.
    Right now you can build a valid saheeli support/thopters.
    That means you will use her first and third skill(both or one of the two depending on how the match flows).
    Many other planeswalker instead use only one of their skills mainly.

Garruck second skill
    Chandra first skill
    Liliana first skill and ultimate if non zombie. Rarely 2nd
    Gideon forged usually is built to abuse first skill. Second skill if you have loyalty to spend.
    Gideon ally second skill. Rarely first or third.
    Nissa... First skill. Second as finisher.
    Koth first skill. Second as finisher. Third only if super lucky cascade at start or for pve long encounter
    ... It goes on.

When we will have access to more constructs it will surely be possible to make a build that will benefit more from second skill too.

Color combination is great and mana gains are too.

For reference my deck is here:
    c73gR6B.jpg

Some explanations:

Harness is great for recurring and get loyalty faster.
    Devils are great to recur
    Talent of telepath helps getting what you need. With harness nets 1 card advantage and can start cascades.
    Cloak is cheap harness activator, can give haste to jessian(extra card draw) or to spawn thopters. It can give haste and vigilance to decils(good blockers cause of death effect). It's also a colorless spell for nursery proc.
    Inner struggle and gone missing for removal.
    Exert since I run basically only 3 creatures(thopter being used mostly with spy network).

Spy network and nursery combo since each thopter will deal 2 damage on spawn.

This is lots of fun and very strong.
  • mikep2o2
    Options
    I have Saheeli Rai lvl 59 and almost never lose with her. Its a thopter deck. Mainly use her first ability third if available. But thopter spy nw, pia and kiran with foundry of the consuls is enough thopters to overpower most any deck. Im talking 8 to 12 a turn somtimes!
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RC is Saheeli's BFF. icon_e_smile.gif

my deck:
    RC
    scatter with the wind
    Inner Struggle
    Frog
    Uncaged Fury
    Molten Nursery
    Fevered Vision
    Demolish
    Aligned Hedron Network
    scour
  • Mockingbird
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    FreakShow wrote:

It looks like the next 2 events will overlap by about 24 hours so my guess is that it is an incentive for those with Saheeli to focus on the Nodes of Power, which will be much easier to get to the top when other players are duking it out for Saheeli. If this is the case I applaud them for the move as it makes the competitive folk make real decisions, while the rest of us get a crack at two sets of progression rewards and perhaps a handful of bonus crystals for ranking.

The only issue with that line of thinking is that all nodes in both events (as far as we know) have a play limit. It's not that difficult to grind them out and then set a timer every few hours to keep any of them from ever recharging beyond two. I did that with the first Saheeli Rai event, spent a lot of between time in Quick Battle and Pokemon GO, and since this was all on my mobile device, I still had enough time and mobility to have a normal enough Labor Day weekend. One could argue that catching Drowzee in the middle of Yoga Hosers was a little off-putting, but the fact that six other people were after it as well seems more likely of a cultural shift than a callous disregard for a mediocre movie... maybe both.