Help, newb questions

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, i just started today abd love it, but i have some questions

1 does it worth to buy a pack before start playing, like diabolic pack? Or its bad as i wont find covers for them and its better to follow a progression of 1 2 3 ranks, etc. Diabolic is a lighting offer im tempted to buy it.

2 can i play all what i want or does it have a life limit like candy crush or energy limit like alliance?

3 where is more populatuon, ios or steam? I read you cant use the same account so i gotta choose

4 when is it good to start pvp?

Thanks for your answers.

Comments

• 1) Finish the Prologue first

2) There's health regeneration. You're going to have some downtime.

3) Phone users are in abundance

4) Finish the Prologue first
  • My advice is to save your gold coins (HP) for new roster slots. 3* heroes will give you an immediate burst but you wont be seeing much of their covers so will fall behind and take up roster spots for people you CAN get covers for. You cannot have too large of a roster (also Modern Storm is going to be your best friend for a long long time).

Like Koolbird said, finish up the prologue (or at least a good majority of it). Never spend real money on Iso, the exchange is horrendous.
  • Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

1. I'd wait until a pack comes along that contains a character you want. Right now it's Loki, who I wouldn't recommend. IM40 is the other current pack, which I'd consider decent, but there have been better packs in the past. Diaboloical , while very good cards, not a good choice for your current state. They're 3-stars, and generally you'd want to go 1 > 2 > 3, unless you buy more than a couple of those packs.

2. It's health based. Health packs recharge as well there are a few characters with healing abilities. The better you get, the less you'll need to rely on health packs or have downtime.

3. Android/iOS/Steam playerbases are integrated. The only thing is that you can't connect your iOS account to Steam and vice versa.

4. Right now. Literally, stop reading this and join a Lightnign Round. They last only 1 1/2 hrs and repeat every 2 hrs for the next day or so. Then repeat again next week. There's not much downside. Even the low level rewards are good. Just get 50 points then wait for rhe next one and repeat.
  • 4. Right now. Literally, stop reading this and join a Lightnign Round. They last only 1 1/2 hrs and repeat every 2 hrs for the next day or so. Then repeat again next week. There's not much downside. Even the low level rewards are good. Just get 50 points then wait for rhe next one and repeat.

All the other advice these two gentleman gave you is you excellent but this needs to be reiterated. Worst mistake I made as a newb was thinking I didn't stand a chance in pvp. Even if you don't do well there are rewards to be had. And right now everything is a good reward for you.
  • Thanks a lot, so is better to have covers first and buy alter, is the diabolic pack common or will be lost after the lighting ends?

Also whats the difference between highly trained, common, hero pack, etc. I mean,m the differences between the packs, different groups of heroes?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rohade wrote:
    Thanks a lot, so is better to have covers first and buy alter, is the diabolic pack common or will be lost after the lighting ends?

Also whats the difference between highly trained, common, hero pack, etc. I mean,m the differences between the packs, different groups of heroes?

Diabolical packs happen every time there is a LR. The thing about this game is that you need at least 6-7 covers of a single hero in order for that hero to be even remotely useful. Save all your HP for roster slots: you'll need around 30 of them if you want to store all of the heroes you get.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Play on mobile, because you can link with facebook for rewards
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When building characters, be aware that you can only train up to 13 out of 15 powers for characters with 3 powers. Choose carefully which powers to max. The threads in the Character forum have a wealth of discussion on the best builds for every character.

Also, as mentioned up-thread, Modern Storm will be a very useful character for a long time. Modern Widow's pretty good, too.