Deadpool's Daily Quest: Crash Of The Titans Adjustments

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really big on the random (alphabetical) order change. Now the only clash I've won and have a chance of winning in the near future (Ant-Man) is down near the bottom of the list. Pretty personally bummed by this.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Now, the order of featured characters has been randomized (can you guess the pattern? It is not tough icon_e_wink.gif ). As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern.

Yeah, I'm going to be "that guy."

That list is anything BUT random.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Now, the order of featured characters has been randomized (can you guess the pattern? It is not tough icon_e_wink.gif ). As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern.

I was thinking the same thing. Technically that list is most certainly not random. Random means without a pattern.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

I was thinking the same thing. Technically that list is most certainly not random. Random means without a pattern.

Without an externally imposed pattern, anyway. The monkeys and their typewriters are capable of producing order from chaos.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It's nice to play with older characters. Most of my older 4*s are championed, so I find crash to be a fun, not too difficult way to get an extra LT.

I too would love for it to be more often than once every 5 days.

Most of my 4*s have levels in the double digits, and my only one with 13 covers is Invisible Woman. I can make a fight of it about one time in 6, but that's steadily improving. I agree that greater frequency would be good!
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    As much as I hate to sound ungrateful, could we seriously consider 2 Clash matches a week? At this rate by the end of 2016 it'll take almost a full year per cycle. And you're already on your way to making 5*s the new 4* cycle (ten 5*s is about where we were with 4*s two years ago right as the 3* era was winding down)
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    This makes it slightly less impressive when, in a couple weeks, I get to say my Iceman has been stuck at 0/3/3 for the last three Iceman Clashes. Doesn't make it less sad, though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aww... I was looking forward to starting speculation on the new opponents. Guess I have to wait a little while longer before it's Winter Soldier's turn.
    Will be interesting to see how the difficulty adjustment plays out. New opponents or just less levels on the same opponents?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick suggestion :
    Can we have a daily crash in which the prize is 15k iso and one special crash every ddq run which rewards a token??

Not only will this be more fun it also gives more iso and we can never get enough of that.

We've got a lot of 4* characters now so this seems plausible.

Also....what about starting a once a season 5* crash?
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Crash, along with boss events, are my favourite part of mpq. It needs to be more frequent
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern.
    So what happens when you release a new character whose name puts it right into one of the upcoming slots? We all lose?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern.
    So what happens when you release a new character whose name puts it right into one of the upcoming slots? We all lose?
    Read the rest of the paragraph. That would be scenario 1.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Read the rest of the paragraph. That would be scenario 1.
    That'll teach me not to tune out once I get to the cutesy emoticon...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    whoa, you changed the order, its random now. with a pattern, too.

you always know exactly what your player base wants.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the number of 4* characters these days, could we maybe do these more than once every 5 days?

This, just this.

You NEED to run this at least twice every 5 days. The number of 4s is almost 40, and the number of 5s keeps growing too.

So please, give us something to look forward to for the more developed rosters!

PS: What about "Crash of the Gods", 5s battle 450 level enemies for a 5 cover?
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Crash is a style of play I very much enjoy, so thanks for not actually changing how it plays, because that would be sad. That said, changing how often it comes up shouldn't be a problem at this point. LTs are significantly less useful (read: many, many times less useful) now than they were when the feature debuted.

I'm not saying people need more 4* covers per week than they already get. That won't be true until Iso flow is quite a huge amount more than it currently is. I am saying that *random* 4* covers at this point have on average a miniscule effect on people's rosters and having them as a reward for fun content isn't something that needs to be throttled this much, when the bulk of them will end up being for characters that don't matter or can't be used anyway due to lack of Iso.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's time to have this daily OR something better while keeping this as the route to 5 stars.

We have are at that point where we're hitting as many 3's as 4's.

Something that gives out 4 star covers needs to come soon.

Add another two nodes like the final two.

A wave or a set of 3 baddies that require a 4 star required node be beaten. with a strong node of some sort after that you can use who you like on. level 190 ish seems fair for both, challenging but approachable for rosters approaching 4.
    Champions for others.

It'd still require a year to get a decent roster of 4's, it'd still also take so much iso, and the second node allows for like a 10k iso reward or third taco a day.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    With the announced re-balancing plans, there is going to be an even greater need for resources in covers and ISO because the target will continue to move as to which 4* characters for us to focus on.

As has been pointed out, with the 3* DDQ, you can plan out how long you need to get covers for your 3*s. I used to print out a calendar of the covers so I could see how my progress was going and I could plan out ISO needs on that. But with this event only running every 5 days and rewarding a token, I could go months without making any cover progress if those tokens give me useless covers.

I'm not looking for a magical solution this very second, I'm just looking for acknowledgement of the issue.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely the best solution for new characters taking ages to show up in the rotation is...to make the rotation shorter?

tumblr_lqqkp9np921qha9aao1_500.gif
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    So, was it obvious to everyone but me that this starts with Gwen?