Deadpool's Daily Quest: Crash Of The Titans Adjustments

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi folks,

Here's news from Anthony at Demiurge regarding upcoming adjustments to Crash of the Titans missions in Deadpool's Daily Quest. We hope once the changes are in place you'll find them to have upped the fun quotient:
    "Starting with the 9/20 DDQ, we will be making some subtle changes to the the Crash of the Titans missions. First of all, we looked at how players did for each featured character and made a few missions easier. These characters are Invisible Woman (Classic), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force), Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), X-23 (All-New Wolverine) and Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy). Secondly, we have changed the order in which featured characters appear in Crash of the Titans missions. Previously, the order was based on when the characters were released. This lead to long stretches where most people were not able to participate in the Crash of Titans missions as they did not have enough time to develop the character. Now, the order of featured characters has been randomized (can you guess the pattern? It is not tough
icon_e_wink.gif ). As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern. There are two special cases where this is not true: 1) The character is being added to the order before players have enough time to develop the character and 2) special events like the anniversary (Devil Dino) and Duck Season (Howard the Duck). Below is the current order of featured characters for Crash of the Titans.
    • X-23 (All-New Wolverine) • Iceman (All-New X-men) • Jean Grey (All-New X-men) • Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) • Sam Wilson (Captain America) • Peggy Carter (Captain America) • Professor X (Charles Xavier) • Cyclops (Classic) • The Thing (Classic) • Invisible Woman (Classic) • Carnage (Cletus Kasady) • Quake (Daisy Johnson) • Drax (The Destroyer) • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) • Venom (Eddie Brock) • Thor (Goddess of Thunder) • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) • Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) • Iron Man (Hulkbuster) • War Machine (James Rhodes) • Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) • Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) • Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) • Moon Knight (Marc Spector) • Punisher (Max) • Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) • Nova (Sam Alexander) • Ant-Man (Scott Lang) • Miles Morales (Spider-Man) • Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) • Hulk (Totally Awesome) • Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) • Elektra (Unkillable) • Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) • Wolverine (X-Force)"

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could we maybe skip x23 since she just had her crash a month ago?
  • Given the number of 4* characters these days, could we maybe do these more than once every 5 days?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Yeah. I was hoping they were announcing a daily Clash of the Titans. It's going to be months before some of these pop up.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the "newer" 4☆s going to have their opponents boosted to full covers or remain undercovered. 2/2/2 I believe
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I wish it was once every 3 days not 5.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi folks,

Here's news from Anthony at Demiurge regarding upcoming adjustments to Crash of the Titans missions in Deadpool's Daily Quest. We hope once the changes are in place you'll find them to have upped the fun quotient:
      "Starting with the 9/20 DDQ, we will be making some subtle changes to the the Crash of the Titans missions. First of all, we looked at how players did for each featured character and made a few missions easier. These characters are Invisible Woman (Classic), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force), Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), X-23 (All-New Wolverine) and Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy). Secondly, we have changed the order in which featured characters appear in Crash of the Titans missions. Previously, the order was based on when the characters were released. This lead to long stretches where most people were not able to participate in the Crash of Titans missions as they did not have enough time to develop the character. Now, the order of featured characters has been randomized (can you guess the pattern? It is not tough
    icon_e_wink.gif ). As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern. There are two special cases where this is not true: 1) The character is being added to the order before players have enough time to develop the character and 2) special events like the anniversary (Devil Dino) and Duck Season (Howard the Duck). Below is the current order of featured characters for Crash of the Titans.
      • X-23 (All-New Wolverine) • Iceman (All-New X-men) • Jean Grey (All-New X-men) • Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) • Sam Wilson (Captain America) • Peggy Carter (Captain America) • Professor X (Charles Xavier) • Cyclops (Classic) • The Thing (Classic) • Invisible Woman (Classic) • Carnage (Cletus Kasady) • Quake (Daisy Johnson) • Drax (The Destroyer) • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) • Venom (Eddie Brock) • Thor (Goddess of Thunder) • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) • Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) • Iron Man (Hulkbuster) • War Machine (James Rhodes) • Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) • Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) • Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) • Moon Knight (Marc Spector) • Punisher (Max) • Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) • Nova (Sam Alexander) • Ant-Man (Scott Lang) • Miles Morales (Spider-Man) • Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) • Hulk (Totally Awesome) • Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) • Elektra (Unkillable) • Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) • Wolverine (X-Force)"

This is kinda nice, actually. I was just the other day looking at the characters who haven't taken a bow yet and realizing that only Punisher appeared to be in a good place as yet, and that it would mean almost a six week drought otherwise before I'd get another crack at the Crash.

Also lets me know who I should be focusing on with my current 4* leveling efforts, which is doubly appreciated.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Lots of good QoL improvements in such a short span! Awesome job, D3/Demiurge. Keep it coming!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The only meaningful update would be for Clash to be MORE THAN ONCE every five days.

Anything else is very silly.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Ok I am not sure how this reshuffle really changes the time before they are up for crash again. X-23 is first and after she is done it will still be the same long length period before we see her again.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi folks,

(can you guess the pattern? It is not tough icon_e_wink.gif ).

The bracketed words are in alphabetical order.
    For being the 1st one to figure it out can I have a free blackbolt Green cover. ? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only pattern I see is that I'll have to wait over a month to actually beat the next Clash of the Titans. Can we just get of the nonsense 1v1 for a larger Wave node?

This is the least fun event about MPQ.. taking an uncovered 4* against a max character with no TUs and it's based on luck and a good board. We have just as many 4*s as 3*s now.. it's time to try something new, better and enjoyable.
  • DFiPL
    Ok I am not sure how this reshuffle really changes the time before they are up for crash again. X-23 is first and after she is done it will still be the same long length period before we see her again.

It doesn't, and that's something that still needs to be addressed, but with 4* covers in the progression in SCL7 now, some of the more undercovered characters which have been pushed off a ways might actually be viable by the time they roll around. So the reshuffle of the order is helpful in that sense, I think.

I mean, on a personal (read: selfish) level, the characters I was going to most struggle with just mostly got pushed off another 3 months into the distance. Of the 13 between now and then, 5 have previously won their Crash for me, and another 3 are potentially viable. So instead of having to wait potentially 8 or 9 Crashes to have another chance at winning, my next 3 months just got a lot brighter.

And with 4* in the progressions now, maybe some of those characters I was going to struggle with can get more covers before they pop up.

I'm okay with this.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Ooo, an update to Crash. Maybe they'll finally make it more often than once every five days.

/checks thread

Well that's unfortunate.

Also: random order =\= Fun. It's still a 3 month wait between matches for each character, when TBE can get through every cover in just over a month. TBE is fun. CotT is not.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, it's a 6 month wait given 36 4* in constant rotation. Longer given they keep adding them and the special characters. We are looking at nearly 7 months before the next time most of these roll around again. Why is this happening just once every 5 days again?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    Frequency changed? No? OK...

Look, amount of 4*s is same as 3*, how about doing this:

New node with required 4* character will be present every day (just like for 3*s). After completing, player wil get that character plus 5000 points. For 20 000 points he will get 5CP (new progression reward).
    I think its fair enough - players will get more 4*s, but same amount of possible 5*s (1 LT each day would be too much, whales could get one 5* every weak only from DDQ).
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Does this mean that after Spider Gwen in a few days then K. Bishop is next? Or will we be starting over after SG with X-23?
  • DFiPL
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Does this mean that after Spider Gwen in a few days then K. Bishop is next? Or will we be starting over after SG with X-23?

Spider-Gwen should be the end of the current cycle, and the next cycle apparently will begin with X-23.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I'm down with almost everything else you guys have been doing (though we have yet to see how CL and rebalancing shake out) but this feels like change for the sake of change.

I agree with most everyone else when I say change the frequency from 5 days to 3 days (at the very least).

There are 36 4*s with another on immenant. It takes over half a year to get through the full roster. This also does not include Howard or Dino. That's lunacy.

You want to give people less long stretches of people they can't play with? Increase the frequency of CotT.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice to play with older characters. Most of my older 4*s are championed, so I find crash to be a fun, not too difficult way to get an extra LT.

I too would love for it to be more often than once every 5 days.
  • Good to see that some fights got easier (Mr. notFantastic being the best one)