What to do with crystals?

Options
Moomins
Moomins Posts: 10
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I'm not quite sure how to best use the crystals. To set the scene, these are the plane walkers I have that I can remember (I don't do well with names):

I have:
Koth 54
Nissa 60
Basic yellow dude 50
Obstetric obelisk, re-ignited 50
Jayce 10 or 20
Liss 20
Kiora 1
Chandra maybe 30

Plan was to use Nissa Koth yellow guy obstetrician and Kiora to have one for each colour in NoP. I am slightly limited for runes (by time, winning quick battles are not hard). Seeing as I'm being handed lvl 60 enemies in NoP it doesn't seem to make sense to level say Kiora until I can hit 40-50 with her.

So, what to do now with my crystals? Is it sensible to buy more plane walkers, or should I buy card sets instead? I'm floating about 700 at the moment.

PS. Find obelisk boring but using a deck revolving around his 4dmg when a card is drawn does seem to work usually. But doesn't seem like I have many alternatives.

Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Absolutely buy card packs (and only the 600 crystal ones, at that). You have a good stable of planeswalkers, but if you don't have the cards to build decks for them they're about as good as having a car without an engine.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You seem to have decent planeswalkers in order to compete, but the general census is to always get the PW before you get cards because they can leave the store at any time now. Personally I'd say you aren't missing much with the ones you're missing though.

That being said, I'd go for cards and only if you can afford to get a big box (best bang for your buck).

PS Basic yellow guy is actually white (the type of magic, not his skin icon_razz.gif) and is Gideon.
    PPS Level Kiora instead of Jace. Make her your "blue" PW of choice and Nissa your green one. #protip
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you have some aoe bounce spells and thopter spy network get tez and replace nissa in your line up with kiora tez for blue. If not buy card packs.
  • Moomins
    Options
    So consensus is to buy packs, and the 600 ones. Since shadows hasn't been out for that long and I've only had a set number of those packs as event rewards, I'm guessing that's the best one to buy?

Or are they considered weak compared to original cards (suspecting not, makers of games tend to make new things slightly better to convince people to get them).
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    Moomins wrote:
    So consensus is to buy packs, and the 600 ones. Since shadows hasn't been out for that long and I've only had a set number of those packs as event rewards, I'm guessing that's the best one to buy?

Or are they considered weak compared to original cards (suspecting not, makers of games tend to make new things slightly better to convince people to get them).

Generally the newer cards are better, if you're looking for a mixture of sets tho and seeing as you have a max Kiora it might be worth going for the blue card pack instead?
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The newer cards are the way to go in the beginning. There are key cards every planeswalker will benefit from in Origins though.

You can check the card lists in the vault by tapping the encircled "i" on each set to determine which to purchase packs from.
  • Moomins
    Options
    Kiora is still level 1, will level her when I have enough runes to get her to 40 or 50. For rune farming I generally just hit quick battle up with koth and have very good success, my aim is to improve the others in order to be able to win consistently and relatively safely in events where losses mean more than heal and start a new fight.
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    Moomins wrote:
    Kiora is still level 1, will level her when I have enough runes to get her to 40 or 50. For rune farming I generally just hit quick battle up with koth and have very good success, my aim is to improve the others in order to be able to win consistently and relatively safely in events where losses mean more than heal and start a new fight.

Yeah Koth is great for every game mode. was the first walker I purchased, mostly cause you don't need many rares to make him win!