Saheeli Rai Event rewards

Options
BananaFlame
BananaFlame Posts: 8
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ Suggestions & Feedback
I feel like the drop off from top 25 and receiving Saheeli Rei, and being outside that is very steep. I played non-stop all weekend to compete for this, only dropped a few matches and I'm going to end up in the top 10% of players... But because I didn't break the top 5% I'm going to walk away with a booster pack. That seems very unrewarding considering the time I put in and the painfully repetitive drops of the basic booster packs. Just my feelings that a gentler drop off wouldn't be unreasonable.

Comments

• murtagon
    murtagon Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Not trying to just sound sour grapes but I agree with this. Not to mention if you did not make the top 25 the best you get is a Booster?? That is a pretty crazy prize drop off. I would be interested in knowing how many accounts actually played. I think the top 35 (Platinum had 25, Gold had 10) actually represents less than 1%, considering I've seen QB over 3000 players.
  • BananaFlame
    Options
    Yeah, it hurt. But I managed to get 4 commons I'd already had and an uncommon that I already had so all in all yeah, time well spent
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Posted up at #6 in silver (was tied for fifth, must have gotten pushed out in the last half hour).

Reward drop is definitely cliff-esque. Went from 75 crystals and a planeswalker to basically trash.

Got a decent coalition reward (Soul Swallower but right now I'm using Season's Past soooooooo lol) as a consolation prize, at least.