Saheeli Rai's Challenge - likes/dislikes

Options
JanksMcJank
JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ Events
I liked playing as the new planeswalker. I think it would be neat if there were something like that to test out each of the planeswalkers.
It was sort of annoying playing in a deck full of mythic cards that I most likely won't have for a long time, if ever, but it was nice to see how they played.

Overall there wasn't much to this Event otherwise.
I beat the Event and got a grand prize of common cards!

I looked at playing further and the rewards were lacking.

There wasn't a chance I was going to get in the top 5 ranks because I need to sleep and work. Even if nobody else was playing I'm not sure I could catch up before the event ended.

If I kept playing I would win a prize, but only xp or maybe a few mana crystals.
If I just played the normal game, I would win a lot more xp for my time.

I just feel there needs to be more reason to play.

suggestions:
    * More secondary objectives. * Offer different prizes for secondary objectives * Some other bonus as you keep playing, like getting a "random chest" every 50 points. Could be xp, mana crystals, a card, a pack, etc. Keep it random and people may hope at the super rare chance of getting something good.

Oh, and I missed the "Rage" icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There wasn't a chance I was going to get in the top 5 ranks because I need to sleep and work. Even if nobody else was playing I'm not sure I could catch up before the event ended.

So much this! This event is the most time-consuming one yet, and it was pretty grueling. We desperately need some quality-of-life fixes to speed things up - maybe an option for faster animations, and, particularly noticeable for this event: speed up summoning of multiple tokens. No really, I do not need a match to take 15 extra minutes just because the game wants to lovingly show me each individual thopter that gets summoned. Just gimme the stack all at once, thanks.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stormcrow wrote:

So much this! This event is the most time-consuming one yet, and it was pretty grueling. We desperately need some quality-of-life fixes to speed things up - maybe an option for faster animations, and, particularly noticeable for this event: speed up summoning of multiple tokens. No really, I do not need a match to take 15 extra minutes just because the game wants to lovingly show me each individual thopter that gets summoned. Just gimme the stack all at once, thanks.

Good luck with that. The unofficial-official word is it won't happen.
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    That's part of what I appreciate about the Rage Events.

They rarely get drawn out due to the amount of damage you both can do after round 5