Servers Down (08/31/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Wednesday 08/31/16 - 11:10 AM PDT

Hi everyone,

The servers are currently down due to a database issue requiring an emergency fix. The developers are working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible. We'll provide more details when we have them. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Comments

• Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any window except the "ending soon" displayed in game? The event started and planning for it is now entirely dependant on maintenence.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This doesn't sound good to me - especially since there's the PvP event that was supposed to have started 2 hours ago. Hopefully this does NOT dramatically impact everyone's chances to get the event reward for completion...
  • KroNoS
    KroNoS Posts: 38
    Options
    a notice about what the plans are for the currently running event would be good to know.

thanks!
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    Echoing the concern for the event given the timing--especially since it's the first event with coalition-based rewards. I will definitely miss out on the first "round" of the four hour cycle due to this.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ya, I missed it too, I have to go back to work now. By the time I will have a minute to even get on it will be 3 hours from now. I will have missed my first round of playing. Are they going to reset the event to when it finishes? Change the ribbon count on the progression rewards?? What is the plan??
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    11:55 AM PDT

Hi,

Just want to note that the event being affected is being taken into consideration as the team work on the fix and getting the game back up as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it does look like some further fixes and testing need to be done to ensure everything is working properly and to avoid any additional issues going forward.

The estimate right now is another 2 hours until the servers are brought back online (more time may be required, but hopefully not).

Thanks for hanging in there with us.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    thanks for the update.

going to zzz then. it's 3am over here. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, just logged in, but the event has been taken down,
  • KroNoS
    KroNoS Posts: 38
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]11:55 AM PDT

Hi,

Just want to note that the event being affected is being taken into consideration as the team work on the fix and getting the game back up as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it does look like some further fixes and testing need to be done to ensure everything is working properly and to avoid any additional issues going forward.

The estimate right now is another 2 hours until the servers are brought back online (more time may be required, but hopefully not).

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

thanks for the update... you guys have GOT TO stay ahead of the Town Gossipmongers so they dont get an Incited Rabble going with pitchforks and nooses.
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I hope this update is to fix Runaway Carriage. I just blocked it with a 12/12 Veteran WarLeader with first strike and vigilance. Didn't do anything to it. Looks like its even more broken now.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chavez303 wrote:
    I hope this update is to fix Runaway Carriage. I just blocked it with a 12/12 Veteran WarLeader with first strike and vigilance. Didn't do anything to it. Looks like its even more broken now.

JC said this will happen in a future update. Today was most likely a hiccup of some sort.
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Chavez303 wrote:

JC said this will happen in a future update. Today was most likely a hiccup of some sort.

Hope so...because what i just saw was essentially and invincible RC that was buffed to 13/5 and took down my Veteran WarLeader with First strike that was at 22/22.
  • huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    I've had this first strike issue also. Seem like prevent damage doesn't go away till the beginning of RC's attack so first strike just frees it up for next damage.
  • leromeo
    leromeo Posts: 19
    Options
    A couple of hours? Then why is my countdown starting at 24 hours? Or is it maybe they don't want certain people playing anymore, and this is their way to block you out?
  • Talain1
    Talain1 Posts: 10
    Options
    All this and Prized Amalgam STILL freezes the game!
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    You should have pushed event back a day.

Having to play in the middle of the night to maximise chances in the event was bad enough. Leaving the event start time as a question mark in the middle of the night was ridiculous.

Setting the event start time is your prerogative. As is setting the rule that prizes go to the first one in with a tied top score.

But you can't make it a race and not tell people when the race starts!
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    You should have pushed event back a day.

Having to play in the middle of the night to maximise chances in the event was bad enough. Leaving the event start time as a question mark in the middle of the night was ridiculous.

Setting the event start time is your prerogative. As is setting the rule that prizes go to the first one in with a tied top score.

But you can't make it a race and not tell people when the race starts!

This really irked me, too. I checked back a few times and saw no event once the servers were finally up. Then randomly I was checking coalitions and see people have points...like ****? Just when it seems like the staff is starting to get a grip on communication...