Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    If you're fighting other OML and PHX?

Ant man is good, you can just steal everything. OML fires black? Steal those. Steal everything. Make more tiles. Make attack tiles. Eat everything.
    Good luck getting enough blue with Ant Man tanking the match damage from OML and Phoenix.

Ant Man has like 30k health when boosted, I'm sure I could come across 9 blue in that time.
    I don't know, every time I tried him in PVE I found him to be extremely squishy and requiring a HP after only 3 or even 2 matches.
    Can't run him in PVP at all, naturally, would be auto-attack for all 5* teams out there.

Weird, I find him to be pretty decent in PVE personally. Lots of goons like to drop tiles, and the matches are usually a bit slower paced. Then again, I'm almost exclusively in PvP so my bracketing and PvE scaling are pretty low.

It's weird that you say that and maybe its because I'm not quite in 5* land yet, but in my current bracket I don't find many people who want to attack me barring like one guy with champed phx ss and OML. Even then I was able to beat his team with boosted ant and switch and a Drax on the back.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    After Nefarious Foes I have to say that OML+PH+Buffed Rhulk is a really annoying combination to fight. Rhulk doesn't bring any synergy and fights for the purple, but they are so strong in defense. I think Rhulk this time around adds much more in defense than in attack. I think I lost like 3 or 4 times all because the AI got stupidly long cascades from Rhulk red. And almost every single match finished with my PH with less than half of their total hitpoints.

Who do you attack first? OML will heal, PH needs to be killed last, and Rhulk red triggers with the match damage of the strongest colors, so if the AI is lucky it can get a lot of extra AP in the first turns of the match, which can be a big advantage. On the other side, your Rhulk is always behind your OML and PH so your Rhulk red never triggers :S

PS: When Rhulk is not buffed he can be killed much faster, so he is very easy to deal in normal Sim. It is just when he is buffed and you can use both PH and OML.
  • Blahahah
    You know what, I thought about it for a while.

Mr. Fantastic would be a good partner. Imaginaut to double-up on those juicy strike tiles. Makes him pretty hard to kill considering every special tile they match heals him for like 3k.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:

Mr. Fantastic would be a good partner. Imaginaut to double-up on those juicy strike tiles. Makes him pretty hard to kill considering every special tile they match heals him for like 3k.

Fantastic is a decent partner in that he won't go down too easily because of his true healing. but he's not really adding anything to the team because his other powers are so meh.
  • Blahahah
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Fantastic is a decent partner in that he won't go down too easily because of his true healing. but he's not really adding anything to the team because his other powers are so meh.
    But Imaginaut tossing in those big double damage pops on the crazy big strike tiles? Also stuns are always handy considering that, to my memory, no 5*s actually have any stun mechanics outside of pumpkin bombs.

Like imagine it. Phoenix and OML chunky tiles, and then Imaginaut drops. All of a sudden, you have OML and Phoenix doing like 6000 damage every match or whatever.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

But Imaginaut tossing in those big double damage pops on the crazy big strike tiles? Also stuns are always handy considering that, to my memory, no 5*s actually have any stun mechanics outside of pumpkin bombs.

Like imagine it. Phoenix and OML chunky tiles, and then Imaginaut drops. All of a sudden, you have OML and Phoenix doing like 6000 damage every match or whatever.
    BSS has not one, but two stuns.

The problem with Imaginaut is that it uses black - you want to spend it on big OML strike tiles. It also forces you to pursue certain matches (r/g/y) for it to be effective - but red tiles will be converted to strike tiles and green is only useful when Phoenix has already resurrected. If you want double dipping, you're much better off with attack tiles or sth like Howard purple / Ant-Man yellow.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Fowl Play has shown me that Howard is an excellent partner. He allows you to break down the normal dichotomy of, "I don't want to kill Phoenix first; it's really hard to kill OML first". You get an active green, which can be handy. But more importantly, his blue allows you to kill Phoenix early and reliably wipe out her resurrection tile. It's almost enough to make me want to champion him. Almost.
  • Polares
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

BSS has not one, but two stuns.

The problem with Imaginaut is that it uses black - you want to spend it on big OML strike tiles. It also forces you to pursue certain matches (r/g/y) for it to be effective - but red tiles will be converted to strike tiles and green is only useful when Phoenix has already resurrected. If you want double dipping, you're much better off with attack tiles or sth like Howard purple / Ant-Man yellow.

I have to say that RR is not that bad of an option :O

First time you have enough black you will certainly use OML black, but the second time you might use RR instead, depending on the number of strikes already on the board you might even fire Imaginaut with the first 9 black! Then with PH on your team you will match A LOT of red tiles, this is your most powerful attack! Fire purple twice and get red cascades. It is not that important that you are matching your own strike tiles, because this way you can fire PH red more than once. So Imaginaut can work really nicely.

Double tapping enemies when you have PH+OML is super important, you can kill the other team really fast if you can do it, and Imaginaut can help you with that (well I am not 100% sure because I never use Reed, but I guess strike tiles are added twice, once for the normal match and another time for the Imaginaut damage).

Now that my Peggy is champed and I have been using her for a while I can say that I agree with the poll result and she is the best partner. She is GREAT with those two. Her blue is amazing with the strike tiles, and her yellow works wonders.
    Fowl Play has shown me that Howard is an excellent partner. He allows you to break down the normal dichotomy of, "I don't want to kill Phoenix first; it's really hard to kill OML first". You get an active green, which can be handy. But more importantly, his blue allows you to kill Phoenix early and reliably wipe out her resurrection tile. It's almost enough to make me want to champion him. Almost.

I agree with you. Howard is also really good with those two. Green/purple helps you doing some extra damage, and Blue helps you cleaning the other team PH+OML strikes/countdowns. A pity I just have 9 Howard covers icon_e_sad.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    What about Carnage, or is he two thousand and late?

I'm going to champ Daisy in a week or two. I'm excited to try her out.
  • Polares
    madsalad wrote:
    What about Carnage, or is he two thousand and late?

I'm going to champ Daisy in a week or two. I'm excited to try her out.

I don't think Carnage is a good partner for two reasons. First you are giving the other team attack tiles, so If you are fighting OML (or PH), which it is going to be the case almost always, if he manages to pull his strike tiles you could be in a world of hurt. Second, you won't be able to use PH red because of the 5 special tile limit, and this is a big limitation.