What we want

Options
Morphis
Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
Since JC came back on the forum and claimed they are working on some new features, I thought it could be useful to give him some info on what we would like to have.

Now I know everyone will have his own specific suggestion, so asking for that would be of no help(too many different suggestions)

So it could be a good idea to just give an input on which aspects of the game we think should be added/improved with no further detail.

At this stage I want to gather the possible categories.
This is not about what we think is most important, but to make sure all is listed.
Later I will try to get info on how much we care for each category.

Categories that come to mind are:

- PVP : this includes anything related to QB and pvp events. Changing reward logic/distribution, effects for event(like enrage), objectives, QB too grindy etc...

- PVE: this include story mode and pve event.
As above anything related to it... rewards, difficulty, schedule more often, add story chapters for SoI, etc...

- UI improvement: this includes converge mana show, implementation of a log, navigable graveyard, planeswalker list scroll, etc...

- collection: this include stuff like better ways to "use" duplicates, more and better ways to get cards etc...

- deck slot: think this one does not fit much in other sections so I think having its own is needed. In this category we have the need for them to add deck slots to let us save more than one build for each planeswalker.

some examples:
"I want pve back. They should bring it back more often" -> already in pve category.

"Better filter for card collectionl -> UI category

"Lolol ok you think they will listen? They do not read forum are too busy making bugged content" -> pointless flame

What do you think of this?
Any category missing?

P.S. Bug fixes is excluded for the simple reason we can assume(and I think it's true) they are always working on it.... Maybe not hard enough for many, but they are.

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Collection:

- Search function will search card text and not just card name - many times I know what the card does but cannot remember the name, so this will save lots of time
    - Being able to filter by creature type as well - e.g. werewolves or wolves, would have helped for the latest SoI event
    - Filter by unmastered cards! - Self explanatory...

Otherwise, completely agree and second with:
    - Showing which colours are in converged mana
    - Saving decks for PWs!
  • Morphis
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    Collection:

- Search function will search card text and not just card name - many times I know what the card does but cannot remember the name, so this will save lots of time
    - Being able to filter by creature type as well - e.g. werewolves or wolves, would have helped for the latest SoI event
    - Filter by unmastered cards! - Self explanatory...

Otherwise, completely agree and second with:
    - Showing which colours are in converged mana
    - Saving decks for PWs!
    Thanks for reply.
    Anyways listing specific things in the category is not what I am after.
    I want to know if a whole category is missing.
    Both your points are already included in the categories listed.
    The etc... In the end of each category was meant to point that those include many other things.
  • Nitymp
    Options
    Ha ok, misinterpreted then icon_razz.gif
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just to let you know we're actively writing down wishlists, etc.

Most of these are already on our own internal wishlist, fyi, but keep it coming.
  • Nitymp
    Options

Most of these are already on our own internal wishlist, fyi, but keep it coming.

There was 1 more on my wishlist that I forgot:

It would be great to be able to see how many people there are in total in the PvP events, similar to how you can see the size of the QB brackets as well.
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options

While you're writing down wishlists, JC, feel free to add "Give Coconut all the Mythics and Rares" to that list.

You can just add it right there, under "Additional deck slots for Planeswalkers." I can see an open spot right there for it.

In fact, know what? Let me go ahead and add it for you, I'm sure you're busy, after all...
  • Morphis
    Options

Would've bet this was the case.
    The meaning of this is to also show priority for us(that will be the next step).
    Also being only by categories it can apply to future things or things we do not event think of.

Take for istance the UI changes... Most like discard and support animations were not in out list but for people that think UI is very important, it was a great improvement probably.

Anyways let's not lose focus here.
    Pls keep posting only stuff on topic.
    Thanks.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Card changes as a category?
    ie "I would like devoid cards colorless" "I would like Mage Ring to activate on landfall" etc

Gameplay?

ie "I would like to use 2 abilities if I get a second turn"

Edited to add: I think Coalition would be a category
  • Morphis
    Options
    soultwist wrote:
    Card changes as a category?
    ie "I would like devoid cards colorless" "I would like Mage Ring to activate on landfall" etc
    That's a good suggestion...
    Was thinking about adding a card/planeswalker change/balancing.
    This could be included in that

Gameplay.... It is a bit specific imo
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have made a bunch of threads that I would like some feedback on. Just look at my post history. The most recent is on PW balancing. Please comment: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=48824
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OK, so you want us to name broad categories of our top wants, but not the wants themselves?

1) "Card Availability"

2) "Deckbuilding Tools"

3) "Prices That Aren't Insane"
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm not sure whether all of these would constitute entirely new categories, as some issues that would fall under each could also be considered as overlapping with other areas, but here are a few more possibilities:

1. Rules clarification (gameplay mechanics [e.g. intended hexproof interactions with "first creature" cards, Menace tooltip akin to the ones for other keyword abilities, notes on library size and deck generation, etc.])

2. Rules clarification (events and game modes [e.g. tiebreakers, recharge rates, attack caps, etc.])

3. PW encyclopedia (akin to the "show all cards" option under inventory, so new players wouldn't have to resort to out-of-game sources or incidental PvP matches to discover which PWs were in circulation but unavailable for purchase at a given time, and what those PWs could do)

Conceptually, all of these fall under the umbrella of ideas that would help new players (and many veterans, for that matter) experience less confusion while learning the game, while simultaneously making it easier to identify bugs or rule changes as they occur with future updates, without leaving as much room for speculation about whether a new or recently changed interaction was intentional or not.
  • BruceWayneDK
    BruceWayneDK Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd like the game to not freeze during battles after waiting 3 hours to attack in the event. Drops my PWs health and then I have to wait 3 hours for another attack...just to have it happen again.
  • Bluezeak
    Bluezeak Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bump...

- filter on creature types
    (Or at least let the search be able to find cards oF types - either allow filtering by type or let search do card text not just card names)

- filter on unmastered cards
  • jimilinho_
    jimilinho_ Posts: 292
    Options
    Bluezeak wrote:
    Bump...

- filter on creature types
    (Or at least let the search be able to find cards oF types - either allow filtering by type or let search do card text not just card names)

- filter on unmastered cards

Filter on unmastered cards would save so much time, Need this star.png
  • Demsu
    Demsu Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just a few ideas for current gameplay and what would be nice to see.

Supports:
    - Please add number value to support cards to show it's "toughness" when building a deck.
    - Those rare "land" supports from Zendikar should have their shield value increased. There are common's with higher shield value and therefor don't feel like worthy addition to a deck.
    - Would help and speed up your reaction time if your supports on the battlefield would show in different color/hue/brightness whatever.

Spells:
    - If a spell gives a new ability to a creature, it would help if that piece of text would be shown on the creature.

Other:
    - Bouncing tokens to hand (destroying them) should be enabled even though opponent has full hand.
    - Extra swaps are not fun. I feel bad for having several in a row when playing against opponent.
    - Possibility to duel friends.
    - Sell each sets supports/spells/creatures in their own bundle. Or just bring back what you had some time ago, bundle for just spells etc.
    - Make the common vanilla creatures (creatures without abilities) somehow relevant. For example, create a pauper format where you can only have commons in you deck.

*edit
    - Possibility to save your deck lists would be huge bonus.
  • Morphis
    Options
    Going to "close" this.

So far I added one category, the final categories will be right now:

PVE

PVE

UI

CARD/PLANESWALKERS CHANGES

COLLECTION

DECK SLOTS

Another topic names "what's more important" or something similar will be made once I decide which way is best to give your input.

Thanks all for the contribution.