Correction - Current Available Planeswalkers in the Vault

Options
2»

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Um, no, put them back, warn, then remove if necessary. We were told they'd be there indefinitely.
    This. I remember them saying that they would be available indefinitely which was why I wasn't buying them until I had leveled up the ones I already had. I scooped up the three left I hadn't gotten yet right away.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pacone wrote:
    +1 to have them back, then warn players, then rotate them out. Please

they have to do it. no need to tell them please
  • Oberoni
    Oberoni Posts: 34
    Options
    Please fix this promptly. And yes, I know you're saying this is intentional...but fix it.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TenBones wrote:
    The Devs EXPRESSLY assured us that Planes Walkers would remain in the store indefinitely. In those words.

Now that is interesting. When did they say that?
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    TenBones wrote:
    The Devs EXPRESSLY assured us that Planes Walkers would remain in the store indefinitely. In those words.

Now that is interesting. When did they say that?

When Gideon Ally and Ob were added to the vault someone asked if the pws were there to stay and they replied that yes, the pws would be there indefinitely.....

Although they have not removed Gideon 2 and Ob so...... thats kind of sneaky. Much use G 2 is going to be with zendiker block rotating out
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    They also said Koth and Garruk would be there indefinitely here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44544&p=523605&hilit=indefinitely#p523605

After they said that all four of these would remain indefintely, I think we assumed that applied to all of them, but at the very least, Garruk missing is counter to their official statements.
  • Hellcat
    Hellcat Posts: 2
    Options
    I am disappointed by this, but I am not throwing stones. I just want Sarkhan.
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I also am very upset at this move.

I was planning on getting Tezzeret today, and also considering Garruk.

People spending currency in your game is a good thing. Get it together D3 Go.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So here's my take on this:

I can understand trying to create a market or timer to speed up purchases, basically adding a touch of urgency. And the planewalkers were there for a good amount of time. But the whole point of that is that the user base needs to know that in x days an item will be unavailable or it doesn't work.

It's like a store decides its want new customers and and decides a 25% off sale will attract them. Then they don't tell anyone about the sale and no new people show up.

The only other way it could be considered as working would be "hey, if we yank em and screw some people over those people will not want that feeling again and be sure to buy everything they can just in case"
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    soultwist wrote:
    So here's my take on this:

I can understand trying to create a market or timer to speed up purchases, basically adding a touch of urgency. And the planewalkers were there for a good amount of time. But the whole point of that is that the user base needs to know that in x days an item will be unavailable or it doesn't work.

It's like a store decides its want new customers and and decides a 25% off sale will attract them. Then they don't tell anyone about the sale and no new people show up.

The only other way it could be considered as working would be "hey, if we yank em and screw some people over those people will not want that feeling again and be sure to buy everything they can just in case"

Exactly.

Perhaps the unavailable PWs could be shown but greyed out with a 'returning in X days' timer? It would really help with planning purposes. A list of the rotation of the special colour/creature packages being put somewhere would also be useful.
  • snow_leopardd
    Options
    Yeah, this move was not a good one. I too had been saving up to get Garruk or another PW but hadn't decided yet. The direction they are taking this game is not a good one. I used to try and compete in the events and such, now it is not really worth it.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Yeah, this move was not a good one. I too had been saving up to get Garruk or another PW but hadn't decided yet. The direction they are taking this game is not a good one. I used to try and compete in the events and such, now it is not really worth it.

It'll rotate in and out every few weeks. It's not that big a deal. I was waiting to buy garruk too. I can wait a few weeks, no problem