Correction - Current Available Planeswalkers in the Vault

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - There was some miscommunication about the available Planeswalkers in the game. It was mentioned that the lack of Planeswalkers showing in the Vault was a display bug. It's actually accurate in the game. With the increased number of Planeswalkers available in the game, we are going to schedule a number of Planeswalkers that are available at a certain time. Right now, the available Planewalkers in the game to purchase with Crystals in the Vault are: Kiora, Gideon (BFZ), Ob Nixilis and Koth of the Hammer. We will do a better job in announcing these changes and the schedule in advance. Sorry for the miscommunication here.

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it's a bit unfair to just pull the rug from under our feet on a chance to get these without any warning. You guys always give a heads up with things are coming soon, why not give people a chance to earn/buy crystals to get these before they're taken away?
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed. I was going to buy Garruk from the next Quick Battle rewards, as I was using the crystals to buy a SoI big box first.

Now I can't. If I knew he was disappearing I would have bought him and Tez (only 2 i didn't have) first and just resaved for the big box...
  • tomatus89
    tomatus89 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    ... really??
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seriously, would have gotten Garruk and Tezzeret if I knew you were discontinuing them.
  • raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    Options
    To confirm, Garruk and Tezz will be available for purchase during a future time slot?
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    Um, no, put them back, warn, then remove if necessary. We were told they'd be there indefinitely.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So Garruk, who summons Wolf tokens that work with SoI, has been removed from the store? That seems like a poor decision.

Not happy about this.
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So Garruk, who summons Wolf tokens that work with SoI, has been removed from the store? That seems like a poor decision.

Not happy about this.

this is horsepoop, garruk was next on my list to purchase i was just waiting on some runes to be able to fully lvl him up....
  • QuietRiot
    QuietRiot Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    D3 has always been terrible at communicating to there player base. While this change is certainly dissapointing, it's not to be unexpected...
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    If they hadn't said anything I would have bought Ajani earlier, but they specifically said they wouldn't be removing them from the vault.
  • QuietRiot
    QuietRiot Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    did they atleast say how often they'll be rotating??
  • Reyemile
    Reyemile Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not thrilled to see Sarkhan disappearing from the vault when I had the Crystals to buy him and no warning...
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    put them back first. then isdue a warning. this more ethical thing to do
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    can someone tell me what is the point of rotating PWs? it's not like the maker cannot create more slots for PWS just like like they created hundreds of slots for each card. or is thus a way to make people not hoard them crystals?
    does that add or decrease to game play experience?
  • Valk
    Valk Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would appreciate the return of the removed PW for a short time so everybody who wants to purchase on of them gets the chance to to that. Its not ok to just remove them without any warning.

In general I don't see any problem in rotating the PW, but it should be announced to the Players with enough time so they can decide wether or not to purchase one of them and you could make a timer that displays to us how long they will be purchasable. Im aware of the need of crystals reducing features in the game so there is still reason to purchase them for real money. But make it fair and give the players the chance to decide how they spend their crystals and when to do so.
  • Pacone
    Pacone Posts: 61
    Options
    +1 to have them back, then warn players, then rotate them out. Please
  • jdantonio
    Options
    I agree with everyone asking for them to be returned. Removing them with no announcement was a horrible move. The main reason I hadn't purchased Tezzeret is that I was waiting for a larger card pool (so that I could build him a deck substantially different from Jace). When I saw that SoI had been released I immediately went to the Vault to purchase both Tezzeret and a bunch of SoI cards, only to find Tezzeret gone.

This thread is full of engaged players telling you that WE WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY. I can't imagine any reason not to put them back. Making us angry AND not taking the money we are offering seems like a monumentally bad business decision.

Seriously. I love playing the game and I've spent a good amount of money on it. But moves like this make me want to uninstall and give up. As much as I love the game I don't want to give money to people with so little regard for player satisfaction.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Dyou know, I think I might be running out of creative ways to say 'I, also, hate this (swearing filter) move that you have pulled'.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    We will do a better job in announcing these changes and the schedule in advance.

PANTS ON FIRE!
  • TenBones
    Options
    Wow. Confidence....eroded.

I've been enjoying this game (with ups and downs) since release. It's been relaxing (and sometimes stressful) to invest a few hours every day over these last 8 or 9 months.

But this really breaks my spirit. You can screw around with game elements as you see fit - obviously that's your right as game designers - but to bungle something like this so badly is mind boggling.

The Devs EXPRESSLY assured us that Planes Walkers would remain in the store indefinitely. In those words.

Then, without any notice, the PW are pulled from the store. In complete reversal of what was expressly promised just a couple months earlier.

I want to keep playing! I want to reinvest myself in this new card set... but I've lost the will. How can I invest myself, financial or mentally, in a system that I now feel I can't trust?

MtG:PQ demands a big time commitment, if nothing else, and in order to invest that time you need to have a sense of certainty about the game. You need to feel confident that the servers won't crash, that your progress will be correctly saved...and that key game features upheld by the Devs won't suddenly and secretly be reversed without warning.

I don't feel I can trust this game anymore - not because of changes made with card availability or store features - but because of a promise made and grossly broken.

This PW change couldn't have been handled worse. Either we were all lied to originally, or the Devs are deeply incompetent. In either case, you would be foolish to put to much trust into anything the Devs say from here on out.

TL;DR
    With that trust gone, so is my will to keep playing.