Platinum Event

Options
Fiddler
Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Joined the platinum event with at least 25 other players. However I am getting a No Matches Found error when I try to play. Others have successfully competed, and I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or an idea as to what could be happening. Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm in the same bucket and also encountering this issue, even after restarting the app and my phone, logging out of and back into my Facebook account, reinstalling the app, playing other battles (which seem to work fine), and various other approaches less likely to be related to the actual issue.

Thus far, nothing has proved effective; I've submitted a support request, but as it's unlikely to receive any response until after the event ends, I suspect that anyone who encounters this issue will likely wind up bereft of any potential rewards or compensation from this cycle, although I'm hoping that's not the case.

If anyone happens to have ideas about what else might work, or has successfully resolved the issue on their own, any input would be greatly appreciated.

As a somewhat lengthy aside, while I usually try not to be negative, and to respect the undoubtedly significant level of effort that goes into making and maintaining the game behind the scenes, I have to say that I was very much looking forward to trying out this event, and unfortunately this experience coupled with some of the unannounced changes in v1.6.0 has for the first time left me almost demoralized enough to consider quitting and uninstalling the game.

The overall content, gameplay, and consistent updates thus far have been outstanding over the last several months despite the seemingly perpetual persistent bugs or occasionally unpalatable changes in monetization approach (most notably with pack odds), but all of that is unfortunately meaningless without the ability for all players to actually experience the enjoyable aspects of the game (of which there are many), or to plan purchases and resource use optimally in advance.

I can appreciate to some extent the magnitude and variety of issues that the dev team must have to deal with on a daily basis, but communication and clarity are crucial to keeping players engaged even (or perhaps especially) when those players are outside of the target demographic for a given change or decision to put a given bug fix or feature request on the backburner, and the mixed responsiveness in this area with v1.6.0 and the ensuing forum feedback has left me with far less confidence in the direction of the game now than I have had since its inception.

Hopefully these misgivings will ultimately prove to be unfounded in the coming weeks, but for the first time I'm slightly wary of the trend I've seen in some other games before, in which the gradual transition from an "anyone can win" to a "whales first and foremost" monetization approach was coupled with progressively decreasing forum engagement and dialogue from the developers, leaving a once-positive community to post one vent thread after another in various channels, with little hope or expectation of response unless the poster could also threaten the loss of thousands of dollars' worth of income if they received an unsatisfactory reply.

To put it another way, it's one thing to have to lose out or wait more patiently than the largest whales, as their disproportionate contributions in paying the developers' bills and salaries justify some measure of preferential treatment, but a lack of transparency and respect towards the majority of players on an ongoing basis is what will be much more likely to kill any desire to support and play this game on a long-term basis, and it would be a huge shame to see so much effort (from both developers and players alike) gone to waste if that turns out to be what actually happens over the next few months. Here's hoping it doesn't, and that I wind up looking like just one more misguided doomsayer instead somewhere down the line whenever anyone happens to look back on this post.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish we could sticky your post, Dodecapod.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As I mentioned in another thread, I've informed the team reponsible for this and they will look into it.