anybody else drop from 5th position to top 45 at last sec?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I dropped from position 5 with 1 min to go in blind justice to top 45 during reward distribution! ! Is that possible???

Comments

• It happened -> yes, it is possible. No?
  • Well, you would only have to drop 11 spots to fall into that tier.

It's possible if everyone behind you were shielded up and attacked for one last big point total.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Well, you would only have to drop 11 spots to fall into that tier.

It's possible if everyone behind you were shielded up and attacked for one last big point total.

This. A single loss plus a few others getting a single win could be as high as a 100 pt swing. With scores in the 500-800 range that is a pretty large % swing in the mater of one match (which equates to one second needed for your score to change by that much). It's also the reason why if you actually CARE about your placement you should be shielded near the end of tournements probably. Pretty east to get top 45 and even top 15 without shielding though.

Doom sucks atm though so there is not too much to be unhappy about.
  • Actually, it's pretty bogus that you can't see the top 20 when you are at the top of the leaderboard.

You might be sitting there in 5th thinking you're safe and not realizing what seperates you from 20th place is about 30 points.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    wuming79 wrote:
    I dropped from position 5 with 1 min to go in blind justice to top 45 during reward distribution! ! Is that possible???

Consider yourself lucky to not drop even more. (if you were unshielded. sitting shielded I'd not expect more than few places move in last moments, staying in 15 is very likely)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah every time, maybe minus once when I was playing in a tourney last minute without shielding you can always expect a drop in places from last minute attacks.