Which planeswalker are you hoping for?

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I'm hoping for vraska the unseen (green black) and ashiok nightmare weaver (blue black)
A white blue and a white black should prove fun too

Comments

• parasith77
    parasith77 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would like to play blue/white so i would prefer Venser, the Sojourner or Narset Transcendent. But it depends on their skills icon_e_wink.gif
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sorin Markov as white/black.
    There is already plenty of cards to build a "life drain" deck(healing and damaging at the same time).
  • Jazzpha
    Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    There is already plenty of cards to build a "life drain" deck(healing and damaging at the same time).

And they also have data for Sorin in the game thanks to the tutorial, as well, where you get to play as him for about 5 minutes. So I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up.

Speaking of, does anyone here remember his abilities/mana gain?
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was something along the lines of "summon a demon token" for little to no loyalty cost.

Did not fit the lifegain theme.
    Probably was not deeply worked on cause he was simply there to make you feel strong at the start facing a big opponent(eldrazi, do not remember which one). For just a single, training fight you cannot expect much design icon_e_wink.gif

Most likely Sorin will be d signed around vampires/life drain skills.
  • Jazzpha
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    It was something along the lines of "summon a demon token" for little to no loyalty cost.

Did not fit the lifegain theme.
    Probably was not deeply worked on cause he was simply there to make you feel strong at the start facing a big opponent(eldrazi, do not remember which one). For just a single, training fight you cannot expect much design icon_e_wink.gif

Most likely Sorin will be d signed around vampires/life drain skills.

Oh yeah, I'd definitely expect them to revise his abilities, absolutely. I just think it'd be strange for the devs not to use him since they already programmed at least some of his assets. So we agree that he'll definitely show up. icon_e_smile.gif
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jazzpha wrote:
    Morphis wrote:

And they also have data for Sorin in the game thanks to the tutorial, as well, where you get to play as him for about 5 minutes. So I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up.

Speaking of, does anyone here remember his abilities/mana gain?

Summoned a 4+ power vampire with flying as a first ability. Destroyed all of opponents creatures for little cost as second ability.., mana gains were insane too +4 or +6.

Doesnt make any sense to have the same if they release sorin. That was just for tutorial.

I am just surprised they have not even mentioned the OGW pws. Maybe they have decided not to release them because there are already 2 mono red and 2 mono green walkers in the game but still..... i wanted OGW chandra.

An official word about this would be nice
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorin and Arlinn Kord seem to be likely suspects based on Innistrad block.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just somebody to challenge Kiora, really. Buying her feels like I've defeated the final boss and it's game over...
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Blue-white would be the most powerful PW. Best bounces, disabling and removal and much more.

But the amount of runes needed to level up a pw to useful level is discouraging.
  • Jazzpha
    Options
    Blue/Black would also be pretty terrifying, especially now thanks to Sphinx of the Final Word. A hex proof Drana would give me a conniption, to say nothing of all the removal and bounce those two classes have.
  • Barrelrolla
    Barrelrolla Posts: 289
    Options
    Arlinn Kord in the next expansion - Shadows over Innistrad.
    I can't wait until it comes. I wonder how will they implement the Transform abilities.
    Whatever the case is, I am already collecting crystals for a big box and Arlinn icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Options
    Arlinn Kord in the next expansion - Shadows over Innistrad.
    I can't wait until it comes. I wonder how will they implement the Transform abilities.
    Whatever the case is, I am already collecting crystals for a big box and Arlinn icon_e_biggrin.gif

sadly when the new planeswalkers first come out theyll be for $ or event prizes icon_e_sad.gif
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    I'm interested in a white support-oriented planeswalker. Maybe commander Nahiri?
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just want a red blue PW
  • buffbeardo
    buffbeardo Posts: 154
    Options
    None. I just want to be able to play without a freeze/lag/crash.