Max level limitation

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Why are lower stars characters so limited with low max level? It makes them obsolete so fast, and i would love to use some of them (and their skills) later on. Why we can just add excess covers over 13 just to increase lvl cap. Its not like higher star character would become pointless. You would need lees covers to get to maximum, and lower star characters have much higher ISO cost to level (imagine 1* at lvl 200), so its encouraged to use higher star chars.
I just want a choice which one i use. It would even bring more variability as now you need to use 3* so you see same roster again and again.

Comments

• Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There are at least 3 reasons I can see right away.

1) It creates tiers of progression. You build up your 1* team and begin winning 2* covers in events, then use those 2* characters to build up a 3* team, and eventually win some 4* covers. If the 1* characters could match the 4* characters in levels, what would be the point of progressing? This way it keeps you striving toward something and makes recruit tokens a good prize since your maxxed out 1* characters have a hard cap on power.

2) There are only so many unique effects that you can have in a match-3 game. This allows you to create higher and lower tier variations on effects without them becoming stale. 1* Juggernaut and 3*Hulk have very similar green powers, for example, however you're unlikely to see both of them at the same time (either on the same or different teams).

3) The scaling on some powers would be insane and much more rebalancing would need to be done. For example: 1* Storm's black power is already strong enough to compete in the 2* games, imagine how powerful it would be at level 141.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah the only way I could even remotely see this being viable is if the ISO cost past initial cap point - level 40/50 for 1* - would be insane.
    So while it costs 1040 to reach level 50, it would cost something like 2080 to get to level 51 and then doubled again when they hit level 85.
    Which would mean that most people would probably still use the higher star chars just because of how much easier it would be to get a higher level especially with current ISO costs.
    But even then you're clutching at straws.
  • Every additional cover you get, you should be able to add it to your original and gain +10 MAX hps. With a cap at some point.

More people would run Modern Storm or Black Widow Modern if you could add 1000 hps to them.
  • I would be terrified of an L85 M. Storm. You'll notice that no other character has an ability of 'wipe all of tile type x from the board, gain ap, and do damage, for the cost of 5 AP'.

The first tier of heroes is not particularly funbalanced.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the thought is nice but a high-level Modern Storm or Widow would never happen. They'd be way too overpowered.

However, a tournament using just a buffed Modern Storm or buffed Modern Widow could be fun.