AI killing its own creatures

Options
Upstartes
Upstartes Posts: 98
I feel like I have noticed a recent uptick in the AI using negative effects on its own creatures - ranging from disabling effects to outright killing its own creatures. At first I thought it was a glitch relating to the AI wanting to cast a spell even when it didn't have an enemy creature to target. However I have now seen the AI use Scour From Existence on its own creature when I had three creatures on the board to choose from.

Just FYI to the devs.

Comments

• PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Options
    Upstartes wrote:
    I feel like I have noticed a recent uptick in the AI using negative effects on its own creatures - ranging from disabling effects to outright killing its own creatures. At first I thought it was a glitch relating to the AI wanting to cast a spell even when it didn't have an enemy creature to target. However I have now seen the AI use Scour From Existence on its own creature when I had three creatures on the board to choose from.

Just FYI to the devs.

yeah i had a similar experience. i dont remember exactly what was on the board, but i think the devs created some sort of pecking order as to what it targets with its spells.
    i think it targets the higher rarity cards first with tokens being last, and then highest strength next. so for example, with my z gideon, ill have serene steward on the board at 4/4, a lantern scout at 3/2 and an 8/8 white knight token on the board. ive noticed it will always use scour on my lantern scout over the other two, even when serene steward is at 10/10+ and my knight token at 16/16 and lantern scout at 3/2
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah I've had an experience where the enemy Chandra casted Sure Strike on my Reach creature, wiping out her own three creatures as a result. Very pleasant surprise.

Adding to what PapiLouis4 said, another priority criterion for effects seems to be card creatures first then tokens. I've seen Jace bounce my 10/10 Desolation Twin before bouncing my 32/32 Kiora Kraken.
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Options
    Yeah I've had an experience where the enemy Chandra casted Sure Strike on my Reach creature, wiping out her own three creatures as a result. Very pleasant surprise.

Adding to what PapiLouis4 said, another priority criterion for effects seems to be card creatures first then tokens. I've seen Jace bounce my 10/10 Desolation Twin before bouncing my 32/32 Kiora Kraken.

yeah thats what i meant when i said token creatures last. so priority would be mythics>rares>uncommon>common>tokens. and if both cards are of the same rarity then maybe it goes to highest str. some official word on this would be nice