STOP IT OR I'LL CRY

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This has been said before i'm sure but cant find any messages or solutions (if any) if the dev's havent said anything on this can they please do so as its getting very frustrating and no longer fun when it happens ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

I had a little nap last night, no more than 2 hours. When i went to sleep i was Nbr 1 in the Wolverine Tourny by 140 points.During that WHOLE DAY i was attacked just 3 times and my team won all 3. BUT as soon as i switched the game off for a couple hours thats when all the attacks happen which i dont understand, but anyway i awoke 2 hours later to be -145 points, which dropped me to second. No biggie as long as i finish in the top 15 i'm happy. So i played again for a couple hours, climbed back to 1st and put the phone down after no attacks..SAME THING HAPPENED.

So i played some more today and this is where the frustration part begins. One guy (not gonna name names in case he is watching lol) attacked me 5 TIMES in the space of 10 minutes, not joking. His team was better than mine and he had more points overall at that stage than i. His team was Patch (80) OBW (85) Punisher (85) while mine is Wolvie (78) Ares (62) and Daken (max)

The first time he beat me i lost -45, the 2nd time -36 the 3rd time -27 and thats when i decided to shield outta anger at which point he attacked twice more but thank god i didnt lose points. BUT yet if i was to attack him i would get 18 points the 1st time and 11 the 2nd time, which makes no freaking sense and pisses me (and others i'm sure) right off.

How does this work exactly cause it doesnt seem right, surely a higher ranked team with better covers should get less points attacking me than i would vice versa? The same person also shouldn't be able to attack you 5 times in a row in 10 bloody minutes. Thats a change that has to be implemented. So please maybe someone can give me an answer and maybe a dev too. Thanks

Comments

• How are you climbing the ranks in a couple hours with a team like Wolvie (78) Ares (62) and Daken (max)? Surely you're getting injured in the fights.
  • How are you climbing the ranks in a couple hours with a team like Wolvie (78) Ares (62) and Daken (max)? Surely you're getting injured in the fights.

Got an ok bracket with guys the same level as me mostly. i just skip the ones with level 100's. using alot of xmen and mutant boosts too.

MMR is really low. I see him/her in my queue and he/she is worth 0 points.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    How are you climbing the ranks in a couple hours with a team like Wolvie (78) Ares (62) and Daken (max)? Surely you're getting injured in the fights.

But yet im worth 45 points to people higher than me???? makes no sense.
    and im a guy....except on the weekend
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    How are you climbing the ranks in a couple hours with a team like Wolvie (78) Ares (62) and Daken (max)? Surely you're getting injured in the fights.

But yet im worth 45 points to people higher than me???? makes no sense.
    and im a guy....except on the weekend

You're worth 45 points to someone who has less tournament points than you. I'm at 906. If you have 500 and I'm 300 you'll be worth 25-45 pts to me, but I would be worth half that. Retaliations aren't worth effort most of the time.
  • This has been said before i'm sure but cant find any messages or solutions (if any) if the dev's havent said anything on this can they please do so as its getting very frustrating and no longer fun when it happens ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

I had a little nap last night, no more than 2 hours. When i went to sleep i was Nbr 1 in the Wolverine Tourny by 140 points.During that WHOLE DAY i was attacked just 3 times and my team won all 3. BUT as soon as i switched the game off for a couple hours thats when all the attacks happen which i dont understand, but anyway i awoke 2 hours later to be -145 points, which dropped me to second. No biggie as long as i finish in the top 15 i'm happy. So i played again for a couple hours, climbed back to 1st and put the phone down after no attacks..SAME THING HAPPENED.

So i played some more today and this is where the frustration part begins. One guy (not gonna name names in case he is watching lol) attacked me 5 TIMES in the space of 10 minutes, not joking. His team was better than mine and he had more points overall at that stage than i. His team was Patch (80) OBW (85) Punisher (85) while mine is Wolvie (78) Ares (62) and Daken (max)

The first time he beat me i lost -45, the 2nd time -36 the 3rd time -27 and thats when i decided to shield outta anger at which point he attacked twice more but thank god i didnt lose points. BUT yet if i was to attack him i would get 18 points the 1st time and 11 the 2nd time, which makes no freaking sense and pisses me (and others i'm sure) right off.

How does this work exactly cause it doesnt seem right, surely a higher ranked team with better covers should get less points attacking me than i would vice versa? The same person also shouldn't be able to attack you 5 times in a row in 10 bloody minutes. Thats a change that has to be implemented. So please maybe someone can give me an answer and maybe a dev too. Thanks

the system been rotating the same person for him which is pretty much you as the system think it is your nemesis to defeat... which happen to me as well tonight in the the best there is tourney which this person has been attack me for countless times... finally i give up and shield out of frustration as well... i still dun get how dafuq the system works... letting higher roster ppl steal more point from me than i can earn... it really frustrating.. next time i just play in the last 4 hours to release from such stress.. hate it
  • You had more tournament points than he did, so you're worth a lot of points to him. Character levels don't come in to play at all in that case.

It's frustrating for sure, but every time you see a juicy 30 point match up, you're doing the same thing to someone else.
  • You had more tournament points than he did, so you're worth a lot of points to him. Character levels don't come in to play at all in that case.

It's frustrating for sure, but every time you see a juicy 30 point match up, you're doing the same thing to someone else.

not really.. he got way higher tournament point than i do... which is **** ridiculous how much match up been rotating between me and him which allow him to take more point from me... i gonna screen shot the next time 2 same name pop out at the same screen... then i show it to you how stupid the pvp system is... how come he can attack me... twice... even i just retaliate just once when we met in the first match up
  • DX_das wrote:
    You had more tournament points than he did, so you're worth a lot of points to him. Character levels don't come in to play at all in that case.

not really.. he got way higher tournament point than i do... which is tinykitty ridiculous how much match up been rotating between me and him which allow him to take more point from me... i gonna screen shot the next time 2 same name pop out at the same screen... then i show it to you how stupid the pvp system is... how come he can attack me... twice... even i just retaliate just once when we met in the first match up

I was responding to the OP...you don't have to screen shot it for me, I really don't care.
  • please dont fight..fighting makes baby jesus cry.

but yeah seriously, the other guy had more points than me too as i said in my original post. thats why it makes me angry as it shouldnt work like that.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'd really appreciate if you only lost half the points the other player gains for attacking you.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Use better covers
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    I think I'd really appreciate if you only lost half the points the other player gains for attacking you.

I'd be on bored with that. Or have no points lost for an attack and make these events and all out war and points fest.
  • Twysta wrote:

I'd be on bored with that. Or have no points lost for an attack and make these events and all out war and points fest.

I'm out of work right now, so that would actually be really good for me. I don't think they want to turn it in to a strict grindfest though.

I do agree on half, maybe even 2/3 point losses as opposed to full value. It seems like the more you tried to pull away from the pack, the slower your progress would be, giving others a chance to catch up.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah sometimes the points total lost is just too excess. Losing dozens to hundreds of points in a handful of minutes is kind of unreasonable icon_cry.gif
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Use better covers

If i had better covers i would
  • I just hope the same opponent showup less often.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I have to chime on this one. It is very frustrating to spend hours playing and stop to do IRL stuff, come back to your phone and be down 140 plus points. Even more frustrating is the fact that you cannot recover anywhere near that much by retaliating. There may be some design reason for this, but for us players that choose to not spend alot of money or all day playing it isn't very fun.