Redesign Planeswalkers to use them each turn

Options
Rootbreaker
Rootbreaker Posts: 396
One of things that's fun about planeswalkers in the Magic card game is that you can get advantage out of them every turn. This works because almost all of them have + loyalty abilities. None of the planeswalkers in magic puzzle quest have abilities that generate loyalty, so planeswalkers that often generate loyalty with their abilities by creating matches and generating cascades (Nissa, and especially Chandra) can use their abilities much more often. I don't think all the planeswalkers need to generate mana with their first ability, but if all planeswalkers had a +loyalty ability, you wouldn't feel like you were doing nothing with other planeswalkers so often.

Comments

• iSmartMan
    iSmartMan Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wouldn't that also mean that they would have to get rid of planeswalker gems, changing the fundamental nature of how the game is played since there would be only 5 gem colors instead of 6?
  • zaann85
    zaann85 Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Remember, in the card game, you don't start with a planeswalker on the battlefield. On here you are the planeswalker!
  • buffbeardo
    buffbeardo Posts: 154
    Options
    Yeah, Chandra's first ability is already broken. Imagine firing that beast on the first turn? Lol. Fun to use but not to face. Btw, red has been my favorite magic color since I started playing paper magic in the late 1990's but, I must admit, her fisrt ability is silly in it's current form as was Jace's 1st ability prior to the recent and much needed nerf.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a pretty big redesign.

It does seem like they could introduce some planeswalkers in the future with +loyalty abilities, tho!