What else do you play?

saj14saj
saj14saj Posts: 23
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Sometimes, you just don't want to play MPQ. Maybe you are out of healthpacks, or maybe all of your PVE nodes are cleared and you have to wait for them to regenerate, or maybe it is too early to start a PVP climb, or maybe you are just frustrated with the game.

What do you play during those times? Maybe other folks will find a gem.

Please say whether the game is mobile or Steam.

I am really looking for a game to fill in the gaps.

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I imagine they might move this thread, but I'm splitting time between Future Fight and Galaxy of Heroes. I play both on mobile. Not sure if they're on Steam since I don't Steam. icon_e_smile.gif
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I occasionally play a bunch of mobile things that's free (important) and catches my eye, but typically by the end of the day I stick to a core few. Right now I mostly play the fallowing: Gems of War, Pokemon Shuffle, and Loot and Legends.
    Gems of War and Loot and Legends are both also on Steam (though L&L is under a different name for some reason, 'Card Hunters' or something like that) and Pokemon Shuffle I know is also available on 3DS.
    Gems of War and Pokemon Shuffle are both Match-3 games like MPQ but L&L is more of a tactical RPG, if not one that takes itself very seriously.
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    RL. icon_lol.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel licenses: Contest of Champion, Future Fight and Avengers Alliance 2. All very enjoyable and not as rigid in timing or structure as MPQ.

Freemium in general: Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Rumble World and Pokemon Picross. All on the DS and Nintendo know how to do freemium properly.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mabinogi Duel and Fallen London are currently top of the heap. (TCG and interactive fiction respectively, both awesome.)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play Counter-Strike: Global Offense, League of Legends, Dying Light, Overwatch (Currently in beta) and many, many other games on PC/Steam. If you have steam and want something casual try Iron Snout for free.
    On my tablet: Marvel Avengers Academy, NHL Supercard.

I also juggle, play guitar and enjoy long walks on the beach.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Path of Exile. (Steam FTP)
    The Devs here actually talk to their player-base!
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1657366

and give players insight about what they think is important!
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889671
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    It's exam season right now, so I only really play Marvel Future Fight and MPQ.

When I'm not busting my chops to write essays I play a lot of Rock Band, Marvel Heroes 2016 and also recently Sunset Overdrive.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    MPQ eats up a good 90% of my gaming it seems but I do have a couple of side games.

1) Hearthstone - I play this one casually in that I keep up with the daily quests
    2) Magic Duels - Play this casually just like Hearthstone. It was pretty bad at launch but these days I might actually like it more.
    3) (insert steam backlog game here) - I'm currently playing Borderlands 2 when I find the time. This typically happens on slow MPQ days like Saturday and Mondays. Working my way to the Pre-Sequel which I've never played.

In terms of steam backlog games there's a pretty wide variety of genres that are both AAA and Indie. A few of the titles I need to get to are X-Com Enemy Unknown, Guacamelee, Dragon Age Inquisition, Trials Fusion, The Banner Saga series, Cities Skylines, and Child of Light.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    On mobile it is MPQ but on the big platforms I play THE GAME you know

Dark Souls 3

And it is **** awesome icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kingofpopcorn
    Kingofpopcorn Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Also on Dark Souls 3 on PC.
    I played more than 100h in 2 weeks.
    I'm waitin tomorrow to get Uncharted 4.
  • Johnhunt
    Johnhunt Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I agree with SpecSpecter .

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Spend most of my game time playing MTGPQ.

But I recently found Fancy Pants Adventures on Google Play so I've been playing that when I need a break.