***** Iron Man (Mark XLVI) *****

Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    The Civil Boss versions of cap and Ironman are different from the actual playable characters. D3 stated the boss powers in the civil war info.

Ah that explains it, I must have missed that part...thanks for the info
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    tdglory49 wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Girl FRIDAY - 10 bluetile.png AP
    Ok, FRIDAY, let’s hit’em where it hurts. Tony uses his A.I. assistant to identify his opponent’s weaknesses and strike. Converts 4 of the enemy’s strongest color basic tiles to Red. After the board settles, destroys all remaining basic Red tiles. (Does not generate AP.)

Any idea what happens if the enemy's strongest color is Red? Go to the second-strongest color? Is it random? Does it not work?

I think it would just destroy all basic red tiles.

Confirmed. A bunch of red basic tiles flash as they "convert to red," and then all the basic reds on the board blow up.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    SangFroid wrote:
    The Winning Team - 9 redtile.png AP
    If we can’t work together, we’re no better than the bad guys. Iron Man deals 1632 damage to the target, plus an extra 707 damage for every Team Iron Man character on his team.
    Level 5: Deals 8744 damage to the target, plus an extra 8089 damage for every Team Iron Man character.

Does Iron Man count himself as a team Iron Man Character?

So is it minimum of 8744 + 8089(for himself) = 16,833 when there are no other TIM members or he is the last man standing?

I ask because it is similar to OML's healing which read in a similar fashion

Die Hard - yellowtile.png Passive
    (PASSIVE) Logan's healing factor keeps him standing, but ain't quite what it used to be. At the start of the turn, Wolverine restores 219 health for each team member still in the fight.

Level 5: 1586 for each team member.

Logan heals 1586 if he is last man standing as he is considered a team member
    If it's like the boss version, then no, he doesn't count himself in. So it's not as much dmg as we thought
  • grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Why does IM46 have the highest match damage and HP (tied) and crit multiplier (tied) among the 5*s?
  • NRG521
    NRG521 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Polares wrote:
    Ps: If SS is the only 5 in the list it is a pity they work so bad together, they share two colors, and IM versions are much better :S

Black spiderman is team Iron Man
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    https://youtu.be/23oHI00gt7U

My character analysis video for Iron Man. Pretty cool character. Not as strong as we thought though with his red, but his blue is actually better than it looks on paper.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    NRG521 wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Ps: If SS is the only 5 in the list it is a pity they work so bad together, they share two colors, and IM versions are much better :S

Black spiderman is team Iron Man

Yeah I completely forgot about him and I guess he is much better partner than SS, so IM+Spidey+featured is not a bad option, and AI can just screw thing with blue, which will probably use always Spidey's.
    notamutant wrote:
    https://youtu.be/23oHI00gt7U

My character analysis video for Iron Man. Pretty cool character. Not as strong as we thought though with his red, but his blue is actually better than it looks on paper.

Blue can be really strong, but when happens something like last time you use blue in your video, that you have A LOT of red matches possible and then all red is destroyed, it is like "noooo let me do at least one move!" icon_razz.gif

And after seeing him in action, I guess best general build would be maybe 5/4/4 or 5/5/3, but he really needs to be championed so you can respec him to 3/5/5 if not playing with other team IM chars or to 5/3/5 if the strongest color of the other team is going to be red.
  • Polares
    So, I just got my first blue cover, and I have to say that I am a little bit underwhelmed, this power at 1 cover is really lame, you are basically just removing all red from the board (a color you need :S). And it costs 10 blue !!!

Has anybody done some testing with blue at 3 or 4 or 5 ? There is also a big difference in Phoenix purple from 3 to 4 to 5, so I guess here it is the same...

One think I really don't like is that if you dont get any red match when transforming the tiles, you can lose all red in the board (!!!). The assumption is, you should just fire blue when there is a high probability that when the tiles are transformed to red there is going to be at least a red match (you which are the tiles that can be changed, so you can do a little bit of prediction) and then when they are removed, there is also a good chance of getting a cascade (so you do some damage and you get some new red in the board). This ability needs to be used cleverly to shine (So this one will be used by the AI incredibly well when fighting against you, and in the worst possible way when it is using your team in defense icon_razz.gif)

Other similar abilities that destroy colored tiles are 7-8AP (Quake, Howard, Magneto), then the generation ones are in the 5-8 range (Phoenix, IF, iceman, IMHB), so I am starting to think that this one is a little bit expensive, I don't see the justification for it to be 10. Buuuut maybe I am not seeing something, so If someone can prove me wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

PS: They should change the ability so if the strongest color of the other team is red, it should use the second one (it should always convert some tiles to red).
  • notamutant
    Polares wrote:
    So, I just got my first blue cover, and I have to say that I am a little bit underwhelmed, this power at 1 cover is really lame, you are basically just removing all red from the board (a color you need :S). And it costs 10 blue !!!

Has anybody done some testing with blue at 3 or 4 or 5 ? There is also a big difference in Phoenix purple from 3 to 4 to 5, so I guess here it is the same...

One think I really don't like is that if you dont get any red match when transforming the tiles, you can lose all red in the board (!!!). The assumption is, you should just fire blue when there is a high probability that when the tiles are transformed to red there is going to be at least a red match (you which are the tiles that can be changed, so you can do a little bit of prediction) and then when they are removed, there is also a good chance of getting a cascade (so you do some damage and you get some new red in the board). This ability needs to be used cleverly to shine (So this one will be used by the AI incredibly well when fighting against you, and in the worst possible way when it is using your team in defense icon_razz.gif)

Other similar abilities that destroy colored tiles are 7-8AP (Quake, Howard, Magneto), then the generation ones are in the 5-8 range (Phoenix, IF, iceman, IMHB), so I am starting to think that this one is a little bit expensive, I don't see the justification for it to be 10. Buuuut maybe I am not seeing something, so If someone can prove me wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

PS: They should change the ability so if the strongest color of the other team is red, it should use the second one (it should always convert some tiles to red).

Just go back to my video above and see how much damage his blue can do when used properly. Don't forget the massive match damage for 5 stars in your calculations, or crit damage.
  • Polares
    notamutant wrote:

Just go back to my video above and see how much damage his blue can do when used properly. Don't forget the massive match damage for 5 stars in your calculations, or crit damage.

Yeah I saw your video, more than once actually icon_e_wink.gif, but the thing is, I am having doubts with blue. I read also Colog comment somewhere saying that blue can be very powerful (well the comment was more himself talking about IM46 being really powerful but everything was use blu then red then the other team dies icon_razz.gif), but I just have doubts about being better than Phoenix purple or other similar powers (and cheaper ppowers).

Is still blue the power you need to have at 5? Or 5/3/5 is a viable option?
  • notamutant
    Polares wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Yeah I saw your video, more than once actually icon_e_wink.gif, but the thing is, I am having doubts with blue. I read also Colog comment somewhere saying that blue can be very powerful (well the comment was more himself talking about IM46 being really powerful but everything was use blu then red then the other team dies icon_razz.gif), but I just have doubts about being better than Phoenix purple or other similar powers (and cheaper ppowers).

Is still blue the power you need to have at 5? Or 5/3/5 is a viable option?

My reason for liking his blue more than Phoenix purple, is that you can actually have a pretty good idea where it will go off since it is only on one tile color and you know it is the most powerful one for the enemy. The downside with the power is that a surprisingly large number of the top tier 4 stars have red as their primary color, making the blue skill almost useless besides the tile destruction damage. (Cyclops, Red Hulk, Hulkbuster, XDP, Carnage, Thoress, Nova) It is kind of ridiculous how many have red as their strongest color. In 5 star land it isn't as much of an issue though, but still 2/7 have red as their strongest. Then there is the question of additional benefit of just a couple more tiles for the extra covers. The chance of making an actual match is worth the extra blue and less in yellow, since cascade and explosion damage alone isn't enough to make up for the 10 AP of blue. I would say he is a character worth championing so you can switch depending on opponent. If you fight someone with red as primary, drop blue to 3, or someone with AOE, boost yellow to 5.
  • Which characters are on "Team Iron Man"?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which characters are on "Team Iron Man"?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43359
  • Which characters are on "Team Iron Man"?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43359
    Thanks. Might it be helpful to get this link included in the first post since many will have this question and may not know where to look?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so what do covers need to look like on him before he's ready for iso? wondering specifically about my 2/3/1. have a few things ahead of him on priority but I'm thinking no more than 280 or 300 unless more come in. just wondering what others who have leveled him think.

edit: 3/3/1 now
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Blue is obviously the most important colour here, otherwise mine wouldn't be 2/0/2... icon_e_sad.gif
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Piro_plock wrote:
    tdglory49 wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Girl FRIDAY - 10 bluetile.png AP
    Ok, FRIDAY, let’s hit’em where it hurts. Tony uses his A.I. assistant to identify his opponent’s weaknesses and strike. Converts 4 of the enemy’s strongest color basic tiles to Red. After the board settles, destroys all remaining basic Red tiles. (Does not generate AP.)

Any idea what happens if the enemy's strongest color is Red? Go to the second-strongest color? Is it random? Does it not work?

I think it would just destroy all basic red tiles.

Confirmed. A bunch of red basic tiles flash as they "convert to red," and then all the basic reds on the board blow up.

Ugh, I got IM's blue and that is so stupid...

Why can't it be
    Converts 4 of the enemy’s strongest color (other than RED) basic tiles to Red.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, when their strongest color is red, it's 'merely' Surgical Strike for 1 AP less. Terrible.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    How would im46 play with Phoenix? I can imagine that purple and blue together can provide for some serious cascading.
  • rkd80 wrote:
    How would im46 play with Phoenix? I can imagine that purple and blue together can provide for some serious cascading.
    Peanut butter and jelly. Though not quite the duo that IM and BSS are.