***** Iron Man (Mark XLVI) *****

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    If we can’t work together, we’re no better than the bad guys. Iron Man deals 1632 damage to the target, plus an extra 707 damage for every Team Iron Man character on his team.

Can you confirm that the "his" in "his team" refers to Iron Man and not "the target"?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, definitely needs clarification because it might make a huge difference on deciding what team to join for civil war.
    So please tell us before the event is running..

Does Iron Man count as part of team Iron Man in regards for his red and do downed Characters still count towards the bonus?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Yeah, definitely needs clarification because it might make a huge difference on deciding what team to join for civil war.
    So please tell us before the event is running..

Does Iron Man count as part of team Iron Man in regards for his red and do downed Characters still count towards the bonus?

Don't think it's such a huge differential. If the ability counts IM46 himself, it deals up to 32k. Otherwise, up to 24k. Either way, vastly superior to caps' red ability 9k damage (plus protect tiles!!!!!!!!1!!1!1!)
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    BTW, how comes this Iron Man armor comes with a Roman number while the others are the usual Arabian?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    His red is great and all...

But...

If you want the extra damage your team is going to be awful.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

But...

[IRONY MODE ON] Yeah sure, Phoenix is sooooo bad [OFF]

Seriously, it depends a little bit if he counts as team IM or not, but Phoenix is great as IM partner and is team IM, so for PvP we are going to see A LOT, I hoep in the distant future, the combo IM+Phoenix+featured. And just with Phoenix red is going to do 16k or 24k damage! Then if the featured char is team IM ice in the cake.

The biggest problem is that if you want to also partner him with SS for Sim for example, then you will never use SS red or blue, which is a pitty because IM blue with red charged tiles would be crazy!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

But...

Seriously, it depends a little bit if he counts as team IM or not, but Phoenix is great as IM partner and is team IM, so for PvP we are going to see A LOT, I hoep in the distant future, the combo IM+Phoenix+featured. And just with Phoenix red is going to do 16k or 24k damage! Then if the featured char is team IM ice in the cake.

The biggest problem is that if you want to also partner him with SS for Sim for example, then you will never use SS red or blue, which is a pitty because IM blue with red charged tiles would be crazy!
    rulk is pretty awful too.... especially when boosted.... garbage.
    sarc/off
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Optimal build is likely 5/3/5, blue only gets minimal benefits from extra covers.
    All academical on a fivestar of course.

It looks like that, but you want to maximize the cascade potential for blue before the red tiles are destroyed, so maybe 4/5/4 can be a good build (or 5/4/4). There is not that much difference in both yellow and red from 4 to 5, just a little bit more damage, and this two extra tiles from 6 to 8 can be the difference from nothin to big cascade. At least you can also get a cascade when the tiles are destroyed.

The bad thing about blue, or similar powers like sirgical strike, is that they are hard to recast for maximal effect. Blue maybe a little bit expensive.

Red is crazy powerful if you use other team-IM, problem is that the other 5 that is team IM is SS icon_razz.gif

It's weird that Phoenix is listed as team IM in the big list, but not in the game. She would be great with him, feeding that big red blast with her purple.

Well in OML description it doesnt appear in game that he is team Cap so I guess the list is probably better info than the display ingame, so probably she is team IM and yeah, her purple with the blue can be deadly, and if we add SS they are a rainbow team.

I'm concerned that Phoenix won't work off this ability because of the omission of the tag on her description. She still works well with him, but it'll **** the red. I guess we need confirmation that the list is truly the teams or it's just for the event and IM red power won't work with her normally.
  • Arckon
    Arckon Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Can we please get confirmation as too wheather or not IM46's red power counts Himself as a TEAM IRON MAN member? It a huge distinction.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Arckon wrote:
    Can we please get confirmation as too wheather or not IM46's red power counts Himself as a TEAM IRON MAN member? It a huge distinction.

In my opinion: It is overpowered even if it doesn't include himself.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arckon wrote:

don't forget when they say maxed they mean level 450 at 5 covers. 450s have lots of health. I think its strong, but not op.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arckon wrote:

I don't know that it's overpowered in a game that already has GG and OML, both of whom have massive damage powers (single target for GG and AOE for OML).

But the red does seem like a bad precedent to me for a different reason. More than half the fun of MPQ is team construction and seeing which characters synergize well. I don't want deimurge 'forcing' me to play specific combos by literally tripling the value of some characters when I do so.

Also, I would think that IM46 himself accounts for the base damage (~8k for 9ap) and additional Team IM members invoke the bonus damage. But if it really does 16k minimum for 9 ap, that is very strong. probably even stronger GG's black because there is no offsetting countdown.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Polares wrote:

But...

sarc/off

Hey it's a good job the majority of the player has these two covered to team up with IM. Or they might be forced to use all those other 'awesome' team mates.

If you don't have Phoenix or rulk fuly covered then get ready to have a really bad team..
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    Polares wrote:

But...

sarc/off

Hey it's a good job the majority of the player has these two covered to team up with IM. Or they might be forced to use all those other 'awesome' team mates.

If you don't have Phoenix or rulk fuly covered then get ready to have a really bad team..

If they don't have Phoenix or Rulk covered, then I'd like to query the luck of how they got a new 5* fully covered. Regardless of team composition, bringing along two stragglers for 25k damage isn't the worst thing in the world, despite the fact you could build a better team for less damage.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have updated the list in the main thread and Phoenix IS NOT in the list, she is not considered team IM for the use of the red power. Silver, Quake and Rhulk are. Really a pity Phoenix is not icon_e_sad.gif

Ps: If SS is the only 5 in the list it is a pity they work so bad together, they share two colors, and IM versions are much better :S
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    BTW, how comes this Iron Man armor comes with a Roman number while the others are the usual Arabian?

Because Roman numerals are epic
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    I think the armors have roman numerals in the cinematic universe, and this version of Iron Man is a reference to the Iron Man from the Civil War movie. Just like this version of Cap has the subtitle "First Avenger", also referencing his film self.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    All of this discussion and nowhere is it mentioned that IM46 creates charged tiles AND is immune to stun...thanks for the heads up on these bits of info
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    The Civil Boss versions of cap and Ironman are different from the actual playable characters. D3 stated the boss powers in the civil war info.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly79 wrote:
    All of this discussion and nowhere is it mentioned that IM46 creates charged tiles AND is immune to stun...thanks for the heads up on these bits of info

Is this a joke? Isn't that just the boss version of him?

I would also like 5* cap a lot more if he could passively summon extra team members for me!