MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2016 Edition *Updated (05/31/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In May, 2016
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

CHARACTERS
Stats for 5-Star Iron Man can be found here: ***** Iron Man (Mark XLVI) *****
Stats for 5-Star Cap can be found here: ***** Steve Rogers (First Avenger) *****
Stats for 4-Star War Machine can be found here: **** War Machine (James Rhodes) ****
Sneak Peek stats for our next 4-Star can be found here: **** Unknown (Coming Soon) ****

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Children of the Atom Earth's Mightiest

UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
    Thick as Thieves

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    (05/28/16) Quicksilver Scarlet Witch Vision Black Panther Magneto Required: Iron Man (Hulkbuster)

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    05/26/16 – 06/01/16 4* - Cyclops (Classic), Jean Grey, Professor X, X-23 3* - Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke 2* - Magneto, Wolverine 1* - Black Widow, Storm

*(05/05/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events, PVE events & Deadpool's Dailies.
*(05/06/16) Hi-Fi - Updated with link to **** War Machine (James Rhodes) ****.
*(05/10/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events, PVE events, Deadpool's Dailies & Weekly Buffs.
*(05/13/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events, PVE events, Deadpool's Dailies & Weekly Buffs.
*(05/17/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & PVE events.
*(05/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus events & Weekly Buffs.
*(05/25/16) Hi-Fi - Updated PVE events.
*(05/26/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events & Deadpool's Dailies.
*(05/31/16) Hi-Fi - Added link to new 4-Star Sneak Peek.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please tell me War Machine's release event is the Gauntlet.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Balance of Power with Punisher (Max) as a progression reward. Enjoy your long slog to 1000 everyone!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    unless multiple covers are stuck into progression, please don't. my guess is that the first part of gauntlet will overlap with CW to give those who max out and either get stuck or finish something to do. and the next pve after that will be the release.
  • udonomefoo
    TxMoose wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    unless multiple covers are stuck into progression, please don't. my guess is that the first part of gauntlet will overlap with CW to give those who max out and either get stuck or finish something to do. and the next pve after that will be the release.

Figured I'd get some T10 pushback on that one. icon_razz.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not just t10 - never get close on a release to that, but I do t20 every once in a while plus the alliance cover, I usually come out of the pve with 2-3 covers. if they put that into the gauntlet nodes and progressions, I'm all for it, even though my iso production will be taking a hit. could use a break from competitive pve. i have 3 more to max and then i may take my foot off the gas some.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    TxMoose wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I think it's way too early to know what the event will be for War Machine's release.

The 'Civil War' Details - Part II post stated that "There will be a second run of the event at 12:00pm EDT on Thursday May 26th." Which means the PVE release event for War Machine would be the week before (so sometime during 5/19 - 5/26, likely ending on 5/26, but either a 7-day, 4-day or 3-day event).

Assuming Gauntlet starts sometime in the next week and ends by next Thursday, May 12, we still have a whole other week of PVE events to run through after that (5/12 - 5/19) until we'd get to Winter Soldier's release event.

Edit: fixed typo
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Balance of Power with Punisher (Max) as a progression reward. Enjoy your long slog to 1000 everyone!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :S
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    johnnyzero wrote:

Better progression than placement.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    johnnyzero wrote:

Better progression than placement.

Agreed. Someone was going to be the 1000 on BoP and they have the 4* progression awards on a very set schedule (alphabetical order, not counting the "The," with some screwiness at the end.) It would have been nicer if BoP and Black Vortex were reversed, but ah well...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    johnnyzero wrote:
    My 85 health packs says I will make it
  • kevsmart
    kevsmart Posts: 10
    Good thing 80% of the 3* that will be powered up for Civil War aren't going to be stomping on each other to compete for purples. OH WAIT.

EDIT: Upon further review, 9/13 of those powered up use purple. /facepalm
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:

Better yet, please tell me Winter Solider isn't the required 4* on the last node of the Gauntlet. I'm waiting for it to be WS required for a War Machine prize, lol.

It MIGHT be Howard, which would be much, much better as the required.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    madsalad wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

Better yet, please tell me Winter Solider isn't the required 4* on the last node of the Gauntlet. I'm waiting for it to be WS required for a War Machine prize, lol.

I'm guessing SWitch/Hulkbuster will be the main essentials for Gauntlet since they're the rewards from the Civil War bossfights opposite the 3* and 4* rewards from The Hulk.

What I'm happy about is the possibility of 3 true PVE events in a row since it's been 2 months of Grind PVP since the last real PVE event outside DDQ.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Starsaber wrote:
    madsalad wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

I'm guessing SWitch/Hulkbuster will be the main essentials for Gauntlet since they're the rewards from the Civil War bossfights opposite the 3* and 4* rewards from The Hulk.

What I'm happy about is the possibility of 3 true PVE events in a row since it's been 2 months of Grind PVP since the last real PVE event outside DDQ.

We're going to get a few competitive PvE events between Gauntlet and the next run of Civil War.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *(05/05/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events, PVE events & Deadpool's Dailies.
  • udonomefoo
    Just realized that 4cyc got buffed for BoP and a boss event where he's not buffed.

*sad trombone* for my only maxed 4.
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Who will be the last 4 star.png on the current ddq cycle?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Setsukii wrote:

Either Winter Soldier or War Machine. I'm guessing Winter Soldier.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I knew there was a reason I champed Elektra lol. Buffed!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Setsukii wrote:

Either Winter Soldier or War Machine. I'm guessing Winter Soldier.
    The last reset seemed to happen when characters were roughly 1.5 months old. If that holds true, I would expect Quake or Punisher (MAX) to be the last one.