MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2016 Edition *Updated (05/31/16)

13567

Comments

  • MPQ_DaywalkerMPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    bigwhoop wrote:
    What's the start date for Heart of Darkness?

    If I remember correctly, that's a 3-day event. Will Monday be the start date, or the next event will be running in a different schedule than normal?
    I expect Heart of Darkness to start this Thursday (overlapping slightly with the end of The Gauntlet -- but they've done that before with previous runs of Gauntlet). It is a 3-day event and Rocket & Groot is a 4-day, putting back into a regular week schedule.

    The following week should be the PVE where we can win War Machine. It will be interesting to see if that will be a week-long (like Winter Soldier) or if they show mercy on us with a 3-day or 4-day event instead.
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,461 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    So Fury is the next Crash (after Gwen)? Seems odd. I would have thought either Quake or if it started over for it to go back to XFW.

    Also excited to see re-run (will fail Gwen, beat all the others)...also curious if this is a mistake (XFW started both other times) or if it was perhaps randomized again.
  • TarheelmaxTarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    So Fury is the next Crash (after Gwen)? Seems odd. I would have thought either Quake or if it started over for it to go back to XFW.

    Also excited to see re-run (will fail Gwen, beat all the others)...also curious if this is a mistake (XFW started both other times) or if it was perhaps randomized again.

    I was looking forward to using my 200 tacos to pull a Quake and maybe some HP that would come in handy with all the new character roster spot fees. Guess I'll have to rely on RNG gods to give me a good random 4* in the vaults.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Just echoing everyone else:

    Fury has been the second 4* ddq in both previous cycles. Is this a typo, has xfw been skipped for some reason, or is the entire rotation being changed?
  • slidecageslidecage Posts: 2,666 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigwhoop wrote:
    What's the start date for Heart of Darkness?

    If I remember correctly, that's a 3-day event. Will Monday be the start date, or the next event will be running in a different schedule than normal?
    I expect Heart of Darkness to start this Thursday (overlapping slightly with the end of The Gauntlet -- but they've done that before with previous runs of Gauntlet). It is a 3-day event and Rocket & Groot is a 4-day, putting back into a regular week schedule.

    The following week should be the PVE where we can win War Machine. It will be interesting to see if that will be a week-long (like Winter Soldier) or if they show mercy on us with a 3-day or 4-day event instead.

    i thought heart was 4 day as well they never had an event end on a sunday before.... maybe they are going to do a Sunday to sat events now.

    war machine is a 7 day event..i cant recall them every doing 2 weeks of 4 and 3 day events
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    bigwhoop wrote:
    What's the start date for Heart of Darkness?

    If I remember correctly, that's a 3-day event. Will Monday be the start date, or the next event will be running in a different schedule than normal?
    I expect Heart of Darkness to start this Thursday (overlapping slightly with the end of The Gauntlet -- but they've done that before with previous runs of Gauntlet). It is a 3-day event and Rocket & Groot is a 4-day, putting back into a regular week schedule.

    The following week should be the PVE where we can win War Machine. It will be interesting to see if that will be a week-long (like Winter Soldier) or if they show mercy on us with a 3-day or 4-day event instead.

    i thought heart was 4 day as well they never had an event end on a sunday before.... maybe they are going to do a Sunday to sat events now.

    war machine is a 7 day event..i cant recall them every doing 2 weeks of 4 and 3 day events
    Hearts is indeed three days, and the first run was on a weekend and ended on a Sunday.
    In April we had three consecutive weeks of short events I believe...
  • David [Hi-Fi] MooreDavid [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Confirming that Nick Fury is correct. The change is intended.
  • NellobeeNellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Confirming that Nick Fury is correct. The change is intended.

    Will there be an XFW one soon, however?
  • David [Hi-Fi] MooreDavid [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Nellobee wrote:
    Will there be an XFW one soon, however?

    Yep. One is still planned for this month.
  • Cousin SimpsonCousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woah, I was leaning towards typo! I wonder if that means an XFW buff...
  • Stax the FoyerStax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Woah, I was leaning towards typo! I wonder if that means an XFW buff...

    They could restore XFW to his pre-nerf state, and it wouldn't shake up the top tier, because OML is that good.
  • NellobeeNellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Nellobee wrote:
    Will there be an XFW one soon, however?

    Yep. One is still planned for this month.

    Thanks, David!
  • SandwichboySandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Woah, I was leaning towards typo! I wonder if that means an XFW buff...

    They could restore XFW to his pre-nerf state, and it wouldn't shake up the top tier, because OML is that good.

    It wouldn't even shake up the mid tier significantly as there's plenty of characters now that are at the same power level he used to be at. And most have more health than he does.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woah, I was leaning towards typo! I wonder if that means an XFW buff...

    They could restore XFW to his pre-nerf state, and it wouldn't shake up the top tier, because OML is that good.

    It wouldn't even shake up the mid tier significantly as there's plenty of characters now that are at the same power level he used to be at. And most have more health than he does.

    There are several strong 4*s now. And the game is so different in so many other ways too. It wasn't just that XFW was strong before his nerf. it's that he was strong at a time when Hood with 4k health was a viable endgame character. XFW had an 8ap power that could do 60-100% damage to most top tier 3*s, plus boardshake. His black could do massive damage (7-10k if used at the right time), and collected ap, AND destroyed enemy ap.

    The equivalent now would be a 4* with (i) a 3-match power that did 8k or so for 8ap and generated some ap too, and (ii) another 4-match power that could do 15-18k damage if used well, generates AP, and disabled the ai. Even the top tier 4*s don't come close to that power level. Some characters have powers that can do that much damage, but they are all either contingent damage (drax's red) or very expensive (IMHB will do 18k, but it costs 30ap!).
  • AkariAkari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I predicted the reset after Gwen correctly, at least. I only missed 2 this time around, Thora (now champed so I'll get it done this next round) and Star Lord (probably will still fail because Star Lord). Looking forward to winning all of them this time!

    Also, will the later ones like Rulk, Nova, Miles, Venom, etc, maintain their undercovered opponents? It made them bearable, at least. Would be nice if this is the new trend for all new release characters and stays the normal for weaker 4*.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari wrote:
    Well, I predicted the reset after Gwen correctly, at least. I only missed 2 this time around, Thora (now champed so I'll get it done this next round) and Star Lord (probably will still fail because Star Lord). Looking forward to winning all of them this time!

    Also, will the later ones like Rulk, Nova, Miles, Venom, etc, maintain their undercovered opponents? It made them bearable, at least. Would be nice if this is the new trend for all new release characters and stays the normal for weaker 4*.
    Rulk had his second go against an undercovered Hulk, so I assume this is in fact the new normal. Maybe they felt enough people did not beat the fully-covered opponents.
  • zulux21zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Confirming that Nick Fury is correct. The change is intended.
    thanks for the response.
    hopefully it isn't the only change to happen as with 28 and counting 4 star characters at this point it sure would be great if the frequency of the clash was increased (maybe on day 2 and 5 with both 4 stars that are in the vault) as the 4* transition is reminding me so much of the 3* transition before DDQ now. (and to be fair the iso thirst is so real that even if we had a few more 4 star covers coming in it wouldn't keep us from playing just because we need iso to do anything with them icon_razz.gif)


    I am a little sad that quake is being skipped though. I didn't have a single nova cover, only have 4 gwen covers (and 3 of those were from her release event) but quake I have 6 for and a decent build for a 1 on 1 match lol. She won't leave me alone in tokens icon_razz.gif.

    that being said I won't mind a reset as you would expect, the earliest 4 stars are in general my most covered ones.
  • GrimSkaldGrimSkald Posts: 2,063 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Woah, I was leaning towards typo! I wonder if that means an XFW buff...

    They could restore XFW to his pre-nerf state, and it wouldn't shake up the top tier, because OML is that good.

    It wouldn't even shake up the mid tier significantly as there's plenty of characters now that are at the same power level he used to be at. And most have more health than he does.

    There are several strong 4*s now. And the game is so different in so many other ways too. It wasn't just that XFW was strong before his nerf. it's that he was strong at a time when Hood with 4k health was a viable endgame character. XFW had an 8ap power that could do 60-100% damage to most top tier 3*s, plus boardshake. His black could do massive damage (7-10k if used at the right time), and collected ap, AND destroyed enemy ap.

    The equivalent now would be a 4* with (i) a 3-match power that did 8k or so for 8ap and generated some ap too, and (ii) another 4-match power that could do 15-18k damage if used well, generates AP, and disabled the ai. Even the top tier 4*s don't come close to that power level. Some characters have powers that can do that much damage, but they are all either contingent damage (drax's red) or very expensive (IMHB will do 18k, but it costs 30ap!).

    Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. His green could be restored to its pre-nerf state without causing much in the way of ripples (it is a bit overpowered, perhaps? It is distinctly under powered now.) On the other hand, his black was waaaaay op. Depending on what your opponent's strongest color was, you could frequently end the game with a single use of it. Sure, it did a bit less damage than it did now, but it destroyed your opponent's AP and generated it for you. Depending on the color, you could lead into two greens or something else nasty.

    Yeah, if they restored him to his former glory, he'd shoot up to the top of the 4* tier pretty much instantly. Sure, you wouldn't use him all the time (can't use OML, after all,) but he'd be amazing...
  • PeterGibbons316PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Confirming that Nick Fury is correct. The change is intended.
    Will he be facing Magneto again? If not, can you say who? I'd like to keep my guide up to date on these.
  • PongiePongie Posts: 1,376 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it will be against winter solider. He did try an assassination attempt (and almost succeeded) in the MCU
Sign In or Register to comment.