Days Undoing

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
When you cast Days Undoing, it does not display your new hand properly until the start of your next turn.

It does appear to draw you a new hand correctly, and also (although it's hard to verify) seems to play cards in that hand correctly if they cost 3 or less: e.g. It *looks* like if it draws into an Artificer's Epiphany it will play it, draw the correct number of cards, and trigger my Jhessian Thief.

If you cast Days Undoing whilst getting a match5, then you get to take another turn as normal, but the small icons displayed on the screen are not updated, and if you scroll left to look at your hand, it displays no cards at all.

Comments

• shteev
    Options
    So I've just played a game where my start hand consisted of 2 Jhessian Thief, and a Day's Undoing. On my first turn, I cast both Jhessian Thief whilst getting a match 5, and then cast the Day's Undoing at the end of the turn, and I discovered that in this rare circumstance you do, in fact, get to see yourself draw your new hand!

So... can I ask that if Day's Undoing is fixed, we not have the entire 'draw 5 cards' animation, please? It takes an awful long time to sit through. And I use this card a lot! Can the cards just appear in our hands without the animation, like they do with say, Totem-Guide Hartebeest?
  • shteev wrote:
    So I've just played a game where my start hand consisted of 2 Jhessian Thief, and a Day's Undoing. On my first turn, I cast both Jhessian Thief whilst getting a match 5, and then cast the Day's Undoing at the end of the turn, and I discovered that in this rare circumstance you do, in fact, get to see yourself draw your new hand!

So... can I ask that if Day's Undoing is fixed, we not have the entire 'draw 5 cards' animation, please? It takes an awful long time to sit through. And I use this card a lot! Can the cards just appear in our hands without the animation, like they do with say, Totem-Guide Hartebeest?

Maybe we should start a petition. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kore wrote:
    shteev wrote:

Maybe we should start a petition. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'd jump on that bandwagon. I can confirm the annoyingly long draw animation when the spell is cast from an empty had. Quite surprised me actually. Additionally Days Undoing does not draw cards properly from the top of the deck. This can be tested by casting Talent of the Telepath followed by days undoing. The cards you put back won't necessarily end up in your hand. I abuse this all the time to dig two deeper for my Meddler. icon_lol.gif
  • shteev
    Options
    Hello! I see that you fixed Days Undoing in exactly the way I asked you not to fix it! I don't see anyone in this forum who wanted to see the long, drawn out animation, and a few people in this thread who definitely *didn't* want to see the animation, but you put it in anyway!

Are you fixing bugs that no-one asked you to fix??
  • majincob
    Options
    I'm just happy it works as intended now. Also I think if you tap the screen it puts the cards tokens or whatever is displaying away faster instead of pausing a moment.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That works when you're sitting through a lot of summons as well. (I'm looking at you, Hangarback Walker!)
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    I'm just happy it works as intended now. Also I think if you tap the screen it puts the cards tokens or whatever is displaying away faster instead of pausing a moment.

this card needs to give you a moment to rearrange your cards once they were drawn.

If for example you got (im making up cards) a 3 mana card that kills a flying creature and a 3 mana card that give flying to a card both will be played as soon as you finish playng day undoing, but the 1st one was drawn before the other one so you cant use the combo
  • majincob
    Options
    EDUSAN wrote:
    this card needs to give you a moment to rearrange your cards once they were drawn.

This card is plenty powerful as is. Adding another pause to the game for occasional edge cases is not worth it in my opinion. Plus in cases like you mentioned with two targeting spells you don't autocast them anyway, just do it next turn. Plus you have a 50% chance it is in correct order if you happen to draw the two spells you need.