planeswalkers ability by level+description+cost - upd May 16

Comments

• raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    loroku wrote:
    manablack.pngLilliana
    1: Corrupt
    1 - you and your opponent discard your last card; cost - 3
    2 - you discard your last card and your opponent discards their last 2; cost - 6
    3 - you discard your last two cards and your opponent discards their first and last card; cost - 9

2: Grave Mist
    1 - activate 3**: deal 1 damage to all creatures and players; cost - ??
    2 - activate 3**: deal 1 damage to you and your creatures & 2 damage to opponent and opponent's creatures; cost - 6
    3 - activate 3**: deal 1 damage to you and your creatures & 3 damage to opponent and opponent's creatures; cost - 12
    **"activate X" means it spits X number of special tiles on the board and when you match one it activates

3: Raise Dead*
    1 - your last killed creature returns; cost - ??
    2 - your last ?? killed creature returns; cost - ??
    3 - your last 3 killed creatures return; cost - 21
    *doesn't work on tokens

Level 1 Grave Mist costs 12.
    Level 2 Grave Mist costs 12. (you have this listed as 6)

Level 2 Raise dead returns the last 2 creatures killed and it costs 18.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    raidan wrote:
    Level 1 Grave Mist costs 12.
    Level 2 Grave Mist costs 12. (you have this listed as 6)

Level 2 Raise dead returns the last 2 creatures killed and it costs 18.
    Awesome, thanks! I almost never see black in PvP so it makes sense those were off.
  • loroku
    I've updated the OP with the new information and new PWs from the recent announcements. If you have a PW - especially level 50 - after the 1.4 patch drops (assuming there is no official resource) please come here and post what the updated costs and, if appropriate, power descriptions are for any and all PWs and powers and I will continue to update it. This entire resource is entirely community-driven. Thank you!
  • loroku
    Updated again with all the new info. Just missing GideonZ and non-max ranks for Jim. Also re-arranged the order to match the in-game color order (which I assume is random).
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Nice and great as a quick reference, thanks! I don't suppose it'd be possible to include deck makeups as well (creature/spell/support limitations)?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can fill in a couple of spots re: Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

Echo level 3: Cost 6, Summon a 4/4 token with Haste that dies EOT
    Conscription level 3: Cost 9, summon 3 2/2 White Knight Ally tokens
    Rally the Troops level 2: Cost 12, Give +3/+3 to each Ally creature you control

Mana bonuses at level 46
    White+ +2
    Green: +2
    Red/Black: 0
    Blue: +2

Please note the mana bonuses, which are exceptional.

My impression, however, is that Gideon generates loyalty at a slower rate. If true, this an interesting way to counter his ability to create big creatures.
  • madwren
    Also, here's Jim:

At level 51

S.o.Knowledge level 3: Cost 3, lose 1 life and draw 1 card
    S.O. Destruction level 3: Cost 9, lose 5 life and destroy target creature
    Ignite level 2: Cost 18, create a support gem (shield 5, if I recall) with "Whenever a player draws a card, deal 4 damage to opponent"

Mana bonuses at 51 are

Green/White: 0
    Red/Blue + 1
    Black +2
  • loroku
    edited May 2016
    Coconut99 wrote:
    Nice and great as a quick reference, thanks! I don't suppose it'd be possible to include deck makeups as well (creature/spell/support limitations)?
    Sure. I just need people to provide the information.

Also: updated again to include the new red and green and other info.
  • loroku
    madwren wrote:
    Thank you for that! Also, does the 3rd power specify that only creatures with the "Ally" keyword get boosted, or is it all your creatures?
  • madwren
    loroku wrote:
    madwren wrote:
    Thank you for that! Also, does the 3rd power specify that only creatures with the "Ally" keyword get boosted, or is it all your creatures?

It specifies Ally. I directly quoted it.

Echo level 4: Cost 6, Summon a 4/4 Echo of Gideon token with Haste and Vigilance. IT dies at the beginning of your next turn.
    Conscription level 4: Cost 9, Summon 4 2/2 White Knight Ally tokens
    Rally level 3: Cost 12, Give +4/+4 to each Ally creature you control
  • loroku
    madwren wrote:
    It specifies Ally. I directly quoted it.

Echo level 4: Cost 6, Summon a 4/4 Echo of Gideon token with Haste and Vigilance. IT dies at the beginning of your next turn.
    Conscription level 4: Cost 9, Summon 4 2/2 White Knight Ally tokens
    Rally level 3: Cost 12, Give +4/+4 to each Ally creature you control
    Great, thanks for all the info! Other than HP and mana bonuses at 60, we've just about got Gideon-Z covered.
    loroku wrote:
    managreen.pngmanapw.pngGarruk
    1: summon 1/1 tokens - cost: 6
    1 - summon 1 1/1 token
    2 - summon 2 1/1 tokens
    3 - summon 3 1/1 tokens
    4 - summon 4 1/1 tokens

2: summon 2/2 tokens - cost: 9
    1 - summon 1 2/2 token
    2 - summon 2 2/2 tokens
    3 - summon 3 2/2 tokens
    4 - summon 4 2/2 tokens

3: summon 3/3 tokens - cost: 15
    1 - summon 1 3/3 token
    2 - summon 2 3/3 tokens
    3 - summon 3 3/3 tokens
    4 - summon 4 3/3 tokens
    So, one weird thing I noticed: assuming these numbers are all correct (and they come from a direct quote from the devs - which, to be fair, does not guarantee they are correct), Garruk's 2nd power is more efficient than either his 1st or 3rd. Unless you absolutely need a 12/12 token this turn and only have 15 manapw.png , it's better to cast an 8/8 this turn for 9, grab 3 more manapw.png , and then turn your 8/8 into a 16/16 for another 9. Similarly, unless you really need a 4/4 for 6 right now, it's better to wait and get an 8/8 for 9. Certainly those other powers give options, but the 2nd power is the most efficient.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    loroku wrote:
    So, one weird thing I noticed: assuming these numbers are all correct (and they come from a direct quote from the devs - which, to be fair, does not guarantee they are correct), Garruk's 2nd power is more efficient than either his 1st or 3rd. Unless you absolutely need a 12/12 token this turn and only have 15 manapw.png , it's better to cast an 8/8 this turn for 9, grab 3 more manapw.png , and then turn your 8/8 into a 16/16 for another 9. Similarly, unless you really need a 4/4 for 6 right now, it's better to wait and get an 8/8 for 9. Certainly those other powers give options, but the 2nd power is the most efficient.

It's possible that the creatures have different abilities. Maybe the third power summons creature tokens with trample or something.
  • Zelandoni
    Zelandoni Posts: 25
    edited May 2016
    Garruk at level 60:

HP: 109

Abilities:
    6: 4 1/1 green Plants
    9: 4 2/2 green Beasts
    15: 4 3/3 green Elementals

Mana bonuses:
    manawhite.png +2
    managreen.png +3
    manared.png +2
    manablack.png +1
    manablue.png +0

Deck:
    4 creature, 8 spell, 5 support slots

Of note, none of the creature tokens have abilities. And those are some insane mana bonuses.
  • madwren
    At level 60, Gideon-Z has 104 hp. His mana bonuses remain +2 to blue/white/green and 0 to red/black. Those haven't changed in a long time.

At 60, his max creatures is 5, max spells is 8, and max supports is 5.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    So in attempt to balance to Garruck they gave him dumb/boring planeswalker skill but huge boost in mana return?
    Hope this is not the way they are going or we will seen in a couple months an out of control increase in pwalker power level.

The first 2, GideonZ and ob nixilis looked more polished and gave hope for the following.
    Both Koth and Garruck are disappointing to me.
  • loroku
    Hey, gang. I've updated this post for what is probably the last time. I didn't want the hard work of the people who have continued to document all the new PWs to go unheeded. ***

If more PWs get released feel free to start a new thread and replace the sticky. Hopefully this will be useful to someone in the meantime *** Good luck to those who stick around.

*** Admin edited to remove misinformation and rule-breaking content.
  • Bromhil
    Bromhil Posts: 15
    G2 first ability summons ally tokens. The ally word is not in the game description but is on the token and works with ally rally.
  • EldrosKandar
    EldrosKandar Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I'm currently levelling Ob Nixilis, and I have some information about the abilities:

1: Dark Pact - cost: 3
    1 - lose 5 life to draw 1 card
    2 - lose 3 life to draw 1 card

2: Torment - cost: 9
    1 - lose 5 life to destroy target creature with power 4 or less

3: Forbidden Knowledge - cost: 18
    1 - create Support: deal 2 damage to your opponent every time a player draws a card
  • madwren
    In case someone takes this over:

Kiora
    Crashing Waves level 1: Cost 6, Drain 3 mana from your opponent and gain 3 mana
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2016
    Currently leveling Tezzeret and he is weird I have him at 55 and he still doesn't have his fourth level for any of his abilities.

Filigree barrier
    Level 1 1 shield to one support (lvl 6)
    Level 2 1 shield to 2 supports (lvl 24)
    Level 3 1 shield to 3 (lvl 40)
    Level 4 1 shield to all supports (lvl 56)
    Transmute
    1 fetch next support put in hand gains 3 mana (lvl 12)
    2 fetch and give 6 mana (lvl 30)
    3 fetch and give 12 mana (lvl 46)
    4 fetch and put on battlefield (lvl 58)
    Artificers Skill
    1 target creature gets +X\+X where X is number of supports you control
    times 3 (lvl 24)
    2 ditto times 5 (lvl 36)
    3 ditto times 7 (lvl 52)
    4 ditto times 10 (lvl 60)

He's quite slow, but I love playing him just for fun, he is thoroughly unique. I find his first ability is best early until you get card draw and conversion supports fully established then you patiently wait to throttle your opponent.