Add an option to turn off the AI "match help"

Options
I hate that the game gives me hints about what match to make. I never want that help! I want to make decisions all by myself, without AI help, even if that help isn't always the best suggestion. It's really quite an annoying thing for me, and I am quite sure some other gamers agree with me.

As I recall, the original PQ gave us an option to turn it off. Even Candy Crush gives you that option. I beg the devs: please give us the option to turn this feature off.

Comments

• Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My opinion is it's easy enough to ignore. I do actually use it when there is only one match left on the board and I'm having trouble finding it. Otherwise it's useless, but not impeding my play. There are other, more significant, improvements that need to be made.
  • I know at least one gamer for whom this issue is a game-breaker; he says he'll uninstall if he can't turn off this "feature". (I can provide a link to the relevant forum post if need be.) It's not quite that high a priority for me, but it's still the thing that bugs me most about this game. It's distracting and annoying. And if I do end up following the AI's hint, I feel like a chimp -- pushing a button as suggested by a machine. How is that fun?

As I recall, the original Puzzle Quest had no option to turn off this hint, but the devs added the feature almost immediately after release. Candy Crush also has the option to turn it off.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I value the hint when there's only one match left on the board, if only because I find the MtGPQ board hard to "read". Otherwise it takes long enough to show up that I've already made a move before it appears.

My initial reaction was "Oh come on it's not that big a deal," but if it's just a config option, then everyone can have the experience they want.
  • Exactly! For some users, it's a welcome hint; for others, it spoils the game. So why not create a config option? I know dev resources are precious, but this doesn't strike me as a huge coding challenge.
  • I would also appreciate this option. Often I've already seen one match but am checking over the board to see if there's a better one, and the blinking suggested match is a constant distraction.
  • Thraeg wrote:
    Often I've already seen one match but am checking over the board to see if there's a better one, and the blinking suggested match is a constant distraction.
    I completely agree. I find it particularly distracting when I'm hunting for combos. There should be an option to disable this.
  • Is there still not an option to disable this? I can't play this game unless I can turn this feature off, sorry.
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    It shouldn't be hard at all from programming perspective (just add an if-statement and do a true/false check to enable or disable this feature). But I don't think it's a dealbreaker, not by a long shot