The Daft AI!

Options
fox1342
fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
What's your favourite stupid thing you've had it do?

Chandra burning her own creatures is quite high on the list.

My favourite so far is, having enough damage on deck to kill me this turn, but casting Great Auora (twice) and clearing the board apart from my immune Revenge, which went on to win. Thanks AI!

Comments

• Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chandra dropping scorching strike, two lightning javelins and THREE firecrafts on a creature with enshrouding mist applied.

Nissa dropping two Joraga invocations on the first creature she manages to get on the board, while affected by summoning sickness. Against blue, BTW, so no preempting direct damage.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me winner is nissa.
    Chain cascading and throwing her whole hand in game consisting of buffs and reinforce on same creature...
    A 13/15 I think came out of nowhere so she casts her last card too: reclaim on that creature icon_eek.gif
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    It's always fun when they reclaim a lethal creature, saving me.
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    Reclaim after buffs and reinforcing, and it's not even close icon_razz.gif
  • Irving
    Irving Posts: 95
    Options
    Yeah, Reclaiming their last creature with nothing in hand really just can't be beat.

I haven't seen a Skaab Goliath in forever now, but that one is fun too - I've literally never seen the AI cast one that lived (you have to sacrifice two other creatures to play it, or it gets sacrificed itself).

I'm often glad that Jace doesn't know which creature to Confuse - sometimes shrinking a creature that's already disabled, sometimes shrinking a beefy dude but leaving my defender around to kill all their creatures.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll flip it to when the AI is smart:

Have you ever run across a PW in QB that has Starfield of Nyx in their deck?

There are not that many, because it's damn near impossible to use by a human in QB so I think most don't have it in their live PvP deck. However, the AI knows how to execute it perfectly (thanks, Gideon Heroic!) and crush your soul.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    one that has happened a lot of time...

i have a 1/1 creature (to say a weak one)

IA has a creature that is going to attack me, IA buffs its to like 20/20 temporarily and in the end it gives it berserker
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Keegan wrote:

There are not that many, because it's damn near impossible to use by a human in QB so I think most don't have it in their live PvP deck. However, the AI knows how to execute it perfectly (thanks, Gideon Heroic!) and crush your soul.

Ha, that's probably me. I've found that some of those cards are fun to use and try and work properly. You're right in that by the time its cast you have usually won anyway so whats the point but I find it breaks up the grind. I've had a lot of fun with the Hangerback walker too. For a bit I messed around with the with the Mage Ring responder too, if you can activate him at the right time (with a Green deck) the direct damage to first creature is kinda cool.
  • My favorite is when they pay jeymdaline (i butchered that) tome 3 times in a row as their starting moves.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the AI just champion'd my Colossus!

Which was great because it had suppression bonded my Spider and was about to run riot with a Relic seeker. So the Relic died, sword took out the suppression bond and I won next turn. Thanks AI.
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    I'm playing starfield in my quick battle deck too, although I only use it when both Nissa and Chandra are injured. I really want to get a Sigil of the Empty Throne for that deck.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    soultwist wrote:
    Keegan wrote:

Ha, that's probably me. I've found that some of those cards are fun to use and try and work properly. You're right in that by the time its cast you have usually won anyway so whats the point but I find it breaks up the grind. I've had a lot of fun with the Hangerback walker too. For a bit I messed around with the with the Mage Ring responder too, if you can activate him at the right time (with a Green deck) the direct damage to first creature is kinda cool.

How very Jim* of you.

*where "Jim" means evil in the style of Ob Nixhoweveryouspellit icon_twisted.gif