Should I keep these six 4* if I haven't maxed any 2*?

JarvisJackrabbit
JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
edited April 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hello there ye olde grizzled MPQ vets. I recently reached day 60 of playing this game and my most highly leveled character is a lv. 80 2* Thor. Daredevil at 2/1/2 is my highest 3*, followed by 2/1/1 Thor, 1/2/1 Colossus, and a handful of single cover 3*s. I've sold five Ragnaroks already because that character didn't seem like a keeper, even at 3*. I currently have 43 roster spots after sinking $60 into HP.

The following single 4* covers are presently taking up roster slots:

X-23 redflag.png
Kingpin blackflag.png
Invisible Woman greenflag.png
X-Force Wolverine greenflag.png
Electra blackflag.png
Jane Fosthor blueflag.png
Red Hulk redflag.png

Kingpin is the only one I've ever used because that black pokie finger is so quick and easy.

Are any of these worth keeping around at this stage of the game? If so, which?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback about this!

Comments

• geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Most people would tell you to never sell a four star but now that the game is flooding itself with them it's getting hard not to, as for you you are at the stage where selling a few might benefit you, what you dont want to sell is kingpin, jane, rulk, and x23 for sure. elextra, xforce and incisible woman are all kinda weak compared to these although you will get xforce and im in daily rewards faster than anyone else. so if you had to selll anyone its those 3 imo.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would not sell xfw. for the exact reason that you'll get 3 for free if you make to your 365th day. because of those 3 covers, he is typically the first fully covered 4* character many end up with. he's by no means top tier, but he can be serviceable with cmags/loki or with fist. Elektra and IW are completely optional. I'd keep them if you could, but except for essentials and their ddq day, they don't do much.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    TxMoose wrote:
    I would not sell xfw. for the exact reason that you'll get 3 for free if you make to your 365th day..

Actually it is before that, on day 365 you get devil dino as it celebrates the one year anniversary, you get green on day 149, black on day 165 and yellow on day 180, after that its a bunch of 3 stars until day 310 with invisible woman.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rulk is a top 5 4*, so keeping his covers is an easy choice.

After him, I would go 4* thor (much better now with im40)
    Then x-23 (passive true healing)
    Kingpin (arguably better than x-23, but love healing)
    Xfw
    IW
    Elektra.

Ideally, you should never sell 4*s as the opportunity cost is so high. But there are some that are weak enough to not be missed except when essential (ta hulk, iw, elektra, star lord, maybe miles and spider Gwen too).
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    IW can be tossed. She's useless.

Max out 2* Black Widow before working on any of those 3*s.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    If you are going to play Deadpool daily each day and build your 3* roster you could probably sell them all. I only say that if you are not planning on buying more slots (obviously keeping them is better - just more expensive). Even if you play a lot, getting through the 3*'s takes awhile.
  • TxMoose
    Sry. I meant 6 months, not a year. My brain farts far too often.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    Thanks for the tips so far, guys. I sold off Elektra and IW, then realized I foolishly never claimed the XFW cover and it expired. Fail.

In an effort to avoid such a situation again, I think I'll just avoid spending any more command points (41 currently) until I reach a point later in in my progression.

You guys are great, thanks again for sharing your wisdom.
  • TxMoose
    good plan. using cp and LTs before your ready is probably the single fastest way to screw the game up for you without benefitting you at all. if you don't plenty of 3*s maxed and you pull a 5*, it will could ruin the game experience (it used to - not sure how well the new system handles it). but really there's no benefit to adding more 1-cover 4*s right now, or getting a 4* to 2 or 3 covers. they'll still be worse than a covered and leveled 2*.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    icon_rolleyes.gif Wow, even more pitiful than letting a 4* cover expire is the fact that I can't reliably count to seven, since that's how many covers I listed, but wrote "six" in the subject line.

Many derps I have. icon_rolleyes.gif