Hero cover order in collection?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I realize it ultimately doesn't impact gameplay at all, but I'm curious what algorithm sorts the covers? It isn't health points, it isn't level. It almost seems to be power level / number of covers for the hero, but even that isn't quite it in my collection.

Comments

• I have been studying it and my current thought it is based on a percentage achieved of max level

Thereby the more covers you have the closer you can get to max level and as you raise your characters level it will move up the rank
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Correct, percentage to max level. Which is another way of saying that it's still sorting characters by normalized level (like pre R39) instead of effective level.
  • But why does the ordering change? It can be in one order on the Training screen, and in another (slightly different) order in the character selection screen. This is even excluding the rearrangement that comes from having a boosted/required character.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    But why does the ordering change? It can be in one order on the Training screen, and in another (slightly different) order in the character selection screen. This is even excluding the rearrangement that comes from having a boosted/required character.
    Character Select uses Effective Level. Training and Collection use Normalized Level. You're absolutely correct in that one of these (guess which) is a bit antiquated.