No Holds Barred PvP event

Comments

• MikeHock wrote:
    How do you tank now that they've taken away the 3 tries to beat someone?

Beat someone with your tank team. This is much easier to do if you leave one of the seed teams alone while racking up points in the other arenas.

Or use a lower level team at some point. Not really a tank team but one that will invite hits in your current mmr range.

I don't personally feel as though it's worth it as much anymore but definitely still possible.
  • Complete MMR hell now. Keep getting teams with max 230 4* wolvie and max 3* spidey, hood, mags and gsbw. Some accts look fishy but doesn't seem like d3 cares if people cheat anyway. A chore even to get to 500 now.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    My current team of Patch, Magneto, OBW is rising in the rankings.

All by itself! Normally, I see that I've lost 100 points or so, but today I came in to see that the AI had beaten 5 teams and I'd gained 100 points for it.

I've never had that happen before.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    MikeHock wrote:
    How do you tank now that they've taken away the 3 tries to beat someone?

Beat someone with your tank team. This is much easier to do if you leave one of the seed teams alone while racking up points in the other arenas.

Or use a lower level team at some point. Not really a tank team but one that will invite hits in your current mmr range.

I don't personally feel as though it's worth it as much anymore but definitely still possible.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing lately - just leave one of those really low leveled seed teams in one of the slots and do it with a bad team when I'm done with my initial run.
  • Is there any way to tank if you can't find a low-leveled seed team?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is there any way to tank if you can't find a low-leveled seed team?
    Go back to basics: Model 35, Modern Storm, Modern Black Widow in the jungle environment (or replace Model 35 with whatever the required hero is). That team is capable of punching way above its weight, and it's so squishy that it invites attacks, so is perfect for lowering your MMR.

Also, starting a tournament early, before a lot of people in your MMR bucket start, is a good way to get seed teams.
  • The seed teams are only available in like the first 30 minutes of a tournament. That said, you can click on the tournament as soon as it's available without entering. This will make sure the seed teams are your opponents, but you're not part of any bracket yet (if for whatever reason you don't want to enter right away).

I do think retaliations overwrite the seed teams, so you can't wait too long once you started playing.
  • Made it to 700. That was brutal.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    Made it to 700. That was brutal.

Haven't even made it past 500 in the last week since Heroic Oscorp ties up too much time and health packs.

I think it's actually not a bad idea that certain events require a considerable commitment. My ability to PvP greatly suffers while Heroic Oscorp is on, but I can't just yield the #1 spot now!
  • Thank you all for your feedback and I'm sorry if I'm being a noob, but what does everyone mean when you refer to a "seed team"?
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Thank you all for your feedback and I'm sorry if I'm being a noob, but what does everyone mean when you refer to a "seed team"?

The dummy teams that are given for initial matchups. They don't actually belong to a player. Usually low level but not always.
    Phantron wrote:
    The seed teams are only available in like the first 30 minutes of a tournament. That said, you can click on the tournament as soon as it's available without entering. This will make sure the seed teams are your opponents, but you're not part of any bracket yet (if for whatever reason you don't want to enter right away).

I do think retaliations overwrite the seed teams, so you can't wait too long once you started playing.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is there any way to tank if you can't find a low-leveled seed team?

Put in your main damage dealer, primary support character and someone squishy and mostly useless. You'll be amazed how many people come out of the woodwork to pummel you.

Just go into the tournament with a farm to 100 for the ISO mentality and never use anyone better.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Made it to 700. That was brutal.

Haven't even made it past 500 in the last week since Heroic Oscorp ties up too much time and health packs.

I think it's actually not a bad idea that certain events require a considerable commitment. My ability to PvP greatly suffers while Heroic Oscorp is on, but I can't just yield the #1 spot now!

I know what you mean. I've got a 2300 lead in Heroic mode. I think my competition gave up. Thank goodness!
  • Wow. I hit 724 and all of my opponents are literally worth less than 7 points. I thought I would make a push on the leader since he stole it from me and he hasn't shielded once since I began this event. He's sitting at 752, and I know as soon as I unshield it's gonna get nasty. Yet he climbs unscathed. Mind boggling.
  • Hm. I'm gonna take over 1st soon. Should I just shield out of the tournament?
  • I went to 733 and shielded. #2 is sitting at 585.
    I'm gonna try to push to 800-900 then do a final 8 hour shield later. Fingers crossed I finally get that green S&V cover I been after forever.
  • Lol forget me getting to first. I've gotten smacked every time I approach 500. Guy in first has a wicked low MMR so nobody can touch him.
  • Sigh I made it past the first guy that was in first and shielded. Guy currently in first is 110 points ahead of me and isn't getting touched. Likely a really low MMR.

I hate being stuck in the 3* MMR since I only have one at 100 (Spidey) and one above 100 (IM40 at 121) lol.
  • jozier wrote:
    Sigh I made it past the first guy that was in first and shielded. Guy currently in first is 110 points ahead of me and isn't getting touched. Likely a really low MMR.

I hate being stuck in the 3* MMR since I only have one at 100 (Spidey) and one above 100 (IM40 at 121) lol.

I'm running my villain team. 115 rag
    100 doom
    90 mags

Hard to get away without a scratch and pretty high hp. Getting a mix if high lvl Thor/wolvie/ares storm etc etc
    And some 100 punishers hulks spideys that sort of thing. A pretty wide variety. Even after getting 600 I'm still finding nothing but 17-26 point matches. I'm typically losing a 25-35 point match for every 60-80 I gain so steadily increasing. Things are working just how I want them too. It's like I found an mmr sweet spot. It never ever happens like this. Lol
  • Yeah that sounds pretty nice.

I was fighting mostly IM/Patch/Spidey/Hulk variations so pretty slow overall. I ran Spidey/Patch/OBW so I was a juicy target for my MMR. But I'm 30 points behind 1st. Once my shield expires maybe I'll do a quick match or two and then reshield for the final 3 hours.

I have a 4/5/2 X force so maybe I should grab the 5th green cover and use it, though I feel like I'm going to regret 5/5/3 come buff time.