you (players) were right about 3-packs

Options
loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I never bothered to buy them because the odds were stated to be so poor and didn't want to "waste" my runes. Boy was I wrong. Since the change - where we can't buy them but get 2 packs a day for free - I've found them to be a great way to supplement my deck! Not to mention I've gotten 3 or 4 rares and 1 (****) mythic just since the patch! Sure, most of the time it's 3 common dupes, but every now and again it's not and I can see how spending your (otherwise not helpful) runes would be fun and addicting, and totally keep you playing and coming back all the time.

Which makes the decision to keep us from buying them all the more puzzling. I have to think it was more about limiting people from getting their decks too quickly, or trying to keep the pace of advancement more even - because it absolutely hurt the game's playability to take out the option to purchase 3-packs.

Maybe one day when they release a full game (I'd say the game has absolutely earned "beta" status so far) and there are tons of play options and rune sinks this won't mean anything. But in the meantime the game is still in a clearly transitional place.

Comments

• EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    im saving up for a big box and buy 14 packs to see what i get with that! (150 gold left)
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I guess this is a case of "your experience may vary". I have gotten lots of common duplicates, bunch of uncommons (most are duplicates but also 2 that I didn't have before) and 1 rare. No mythics. I now have so many runes that I regret not buying 3-packs when it was available for purchase. I would rather waste a lot of runes and gamble for a chance on snatching up a rare this way.
  • The_Leftist
    The_Leftist Posts: 224
    Options
    I spent hundreds of thousands on 3 packs. My worry is the new rune sink hole will be better than 3 packs. If it's some type of Gacha system like Puzzle and Dragons, perhaps we pay 300 runes for some type of random card machine. Perhaps the chances are better than what they were in 3 packs, and it eliminates the plethora of Commons we acquired from 3 packs. But, with the recently low flow of rares and mythics from packs all over, maybe not. Seems like they could be trying to minimize how many people are getting rares/mythics. While it would frustrate players, particularily IAP paying players, it would create more variety so not everyone is always playing the same decks over and over with small variations.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm sitting on everything simply because I have all the Origins cards I want/need. I don't really care about collecting every mythic, and there's only one rare that I can use but I'm not hurting without it. Quick battles are worthless since I don't care about trying to get a free fat pack anymore. I'm just waiting for another update, which is okay because that quick battle grinding for several weeks got old.
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    Keegan wrote:
    I'm sitting on everything simply because I have all the Origins cards I want/need. I don't really care about collecting every mythic, and there's only one rare that I can use but I'm not hurting without it. Quick battles are worthless since I don't care about trying to get a free fat pack anymore. I'm just waiting for another update, which is okay because that quick battle grinding for several weeks got old.

Same here, i feel ya!