AI Gideon Champion ability bug

Options
span_argoman
span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
The AI Gideon casts its Champion ability (+4/+4, Berserker, Defender)on my first creature instead of its own. This has happened more than once.

While it's a nice act of altruism, I'm pretty sure the AI intended to cast Champion on its own creature.

Also, is Call to Arms +2/+2 to all creatures or all of your own? The text says all but it only boosts the creatures for the caster. It's just a little misleading.

Comments

• Adding Champion to an enemy can be strategic, especially if you have a first striker.
  • Wait what? Why?

Why wouldn't you simply vigilance yourself?

The only scenario I can think of is if they had a flyer and you didn't, and there are far cheaper ways to get rid of them than spending that much mana.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Considering both times it occurred it just helped me kill the opponent faster, I doubt it was strategic unless the AI wanted to end its misery earlier.

Plus level 3 Sharp Eyes gives Flying and Vigilance to the target so giving my creature a free +4/+4 really wasn't necessary.
  • I just had a chandra blow up her own creature so you're on to something.

New planeswalker AI seems more aggressive with their ability usage, but also randomly target the wrong creatures.
  • The bots just have really fat thumbs and small touchscreens.