Character Questions...

rawfsu
rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
I have questions about some of our characters and their abilities (or lack thereof) I wanted to share with the developers, and community at large, for future consideration if and/or when they come under consideration for upgrades. If these have been brought up before, please accept my apologies. Here goes nothing...

3* Bullseye - Bullseye seems to have gotten held back in the tile destruction department. He's said to have supernatural accuracy, yet can't destroy any special tiles? He can only destroy basic tiles. Sure, he can convert up to two, but can't destroy any? Along the same line, if Moonstone, a 2*, can steal up to two special tiles, shouldn't a 3* have a better/stronger ability? After all, Daredevil converts ALL special tiles at max level. Why can't 3* Bullseye do the same? Back to tile destruction, GSBW can destroy any tile via Sniper Rifle and Pistol. The Hood can destroy any kind of tile with his twin pistols. Cap can cover all type of tiles with his shield for both damage and stun. Rocket and Groot have a chance to destroy any type of special tile. Yet Bullseye, with superhuman accuracy, can't do the same.

3* Hulk - As we well know, Hulk is WAY bigger and WAY more powerful than She-Hulk. That being said, why is it that She-Hulk's red does damage to the WHOLE enemy team while Hulk's red does damage to a SINGLE target? Doesn't make much sense in my opinion. Shouldn't the larger character be the one doing damage to an entire team? Of all characters, Hulk makes the most sense. It could be argued that even his Thunderous Clap should do full team damage to an extent. I just feel for his size and strength, Hulk is getting a little held back. If 3* She-Hulk does team damage, and 4* Red Hulk does team damage, the same should be considered for Hulk. Don't you think?

Vision - I know he was just updated, but still had to put this out there. Like I mentioned in the Bullseye thread, Moonstone can steal up to 2 enemy tiles. Vision, even after his upgrade, is only able to do the same. I just feel this doesn't make sense. I also don't understand that considering he was going to an upgraded body for Ultron, ULTRON, his damage output is still underwhelming. Pure vibranium, the same that BP hurls in MPQ for crazy team damage, along with an infinity gem in his forehead, only gets us this? Vision needs more work.

Scarlet Witch - Her green power DEFINITELY needs some help. It's cool that it generates AP and all, but the number of tiles it consumes at max level is way too little. There may be concern since it does produce AP, but it randomly selects tiles, so it's not really overpowered. In my opinion, one of two things need to happen. Either it destroys more tiles and doesn't generate AP, or you can select special tiles specifically and the others that explode do damage. There is no real purpose to use it the way it is. Vision and QS got some work done, I think Scarlet's green should be next.

3* Spider-Man - PLEASE....PLEASE....give him some kind of offensive ability. PLEASE. Web bullets (hits enemy with x amount of web bullets for x damage), web swing (snags opponent in heavy webbing and swings them for x stun and/or x damage), SOMETHING! He is absolutely outclassed by his 1* version and this shouldn't be the case. His new artwork is awesome, I'll say that. His abilities, however, need some HELP!

Just my thoughts. What does everyone think?

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Actually, I don't agree with much of it. Not that I disagree that certain characters could stand to be more in-tune with their fantasy, or that characters like Hulk have been left in the dust by power creep, but there's only so much you can actually do. Even in the comics where writers can basically come up with any darn justification for anything they want, it's hard to make things self-consistent and reasonable. In a game with very simplistic rules like MPQ, that's obviously going to always be much harder.

Bullseye could stand a redesign, but I'm not interested in any reasoning for buffing anyone that starts with "but X 2* character can do Y". The 2* tier is a whole different ballgame than the 3* tier.

Hulk needs to be buffed but giving him aoe damage is not the way to do it. I don't care if it creates a poor comparison with She-Hulk - they have utterly different roles in the game. I'm not looking for an "improvement" to Hulk that makes him a strong offensive character. Hulk's whole fantasy is that he's pretty passive except when he gets angry, and his abilities reflect that very nicely. If Hulk gets a redesign I want to see that get played up even more.

Vision is broken because of poor AI, which is kinda funny considering that he's supposed to be an incredibly intelligent AI himself. I honestly think a hilarious design for him would just be the ability to play the game better than the regular AI does. It would automatically fix most of his design problems and would make him a decent defensive character even in higher tiers. His current abilities are not very good, but a strong AI behind them would make for a very interesting character.

Scarlet Witch needs no help. She's one of the most useful 3*s in the game.

3* Spider-Man is a support character. He does not need a nuke, he needs to just be a good support character. There was a time, years ago, when Spidey was the best character in the game, and they nerfed him down to unplayability. He didn't need a nuke to do that. Spider-Man has always been one of Marvel's mainstays for team-ups. It's a huge part of his fantasy. He's smart and he solves problems by tying the bad guys up, not by knocking them out. Giving Spidey a nuke is not something I want to see at all. They just need to make his purple and yellow actually do things that matter instead of doing things that don't. I'd be much more interested in seeing the 1* purple ability ported over than the 1* red ability.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk needs to be buffed but giving him aoe damage is not the way to do it. I don't care if it creates a poor comparison with She-Hulk - they have utterly different roles in the game. I'm not looking for an "improvement" to Hulk that makes him a strong offensive character. Hulk's whole fantasy is that he's pretty passive except when he gets angry, and his abilities reflect that very nicely. If Hulk gets a redesign I want to see that get played up even more.

Vision is broken because of poor AI, which is kinda funny considering that he's supposed to be an incredibly intelligent AI himself. I honestly think a hilarious design for him would just be the ability to play the game better than the regular AI does. It would automatically fix most of his design problems and would make him a decent defensive character even in higher tiers. His current abilities are not very good, but a strong AI behind them would make for a very interesting character.

One problem with the Hulk is that if they didn't make his red an aoe then the next logical idea would be dmg+stun since he already has two board shakes and that would just turn the hulk into thing-lite, so an aoe that was boosted by extra black ap rather than green would be the best fix for him.

Vision is not broken due to AI, his biggest problem is that his powers are only worth it if he is tanking, which is a less likely situation since championing has increased the level variety of previously maxed characters.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    rawfsu wrote:
    3* Bullseye ... [is] said to have supernatural accuracy, yet can't destroy any special tiles?

Similarly, Sentry has the power of a thousand exploding suns. Every time Sentry makes a match, your phone should explode in your hand showering you with white hot shards of technology.